Beginners and Beyond

What's with all the color runs? (Read 182 times)

Love the Half

I'd actually like to do one.  Then again, I'd like to do a clothing optional race at some point in my life.  I have no desire to do a mud run or a warrior dash as there have been several deaths at those events because the course is improperly designed and essentially unsupervised.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Clothing Optional race is definitely on my list to do before I'm..........35 or 40! But honestly it would have to be at night and a trail run if I were to do it nude, at this point I just don't think I could find the nerve to run naked with a bunch of other naked runners in daylight and on the road.....

I'd actually like to do one.  Then again, I'd like to do a clothing optional race at some point in my life.  I have no desire to do a mud run or a warrior dash as there have been several deaths at those events because the course is improperly designed and essentially unsupervised.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

night time trail runs are bad enough as it is, and you want to go nekkid? branches and twigs and roots and rocks do mean things out there.

I dont know if you want some 60 yr old naked dude helping you out of the mud with his junk flopping around. So many bad things came to mind.

Clothing Optional race is definitely on my list to do before I'm..........35 or 40! But honestly it would have to be at night and a trail run if I were to do it nude, at this point I just don't think I could find the nerve to run naked with a bunch of other naked runners in daylight and on the road.....

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

MrNamtor

I'd actually like to do one. 

Who the hell are you and what have you done with LTH?

MrNamtor

btw there is a naked bicycle event that goes through chicago annually. I saw it just as i moved here and could not believe it. I think they have it in other cities too. It's some political thing but i forget what the cause is.

MrNamtor

I dont know if you want some 60 yr old naked dude helping you out of the mud with his junk flopping around. So many bad things came to mind.

Yup. We are all thinking creamy bodied youthful athletes, and those are never the ones who actually do stuff like this. Though the naked bicycle thing did have some nice sights Big grin

Hip Redux

Well this thread had taken an unexpected turn.

Just B.S.

Well this thread had taken an unexpected turn.

They usually do. Which I guess is to be expected.Big grin

happylily

I have no problem with old naked bodies. Really doesn't bother me at all. I can think of a million things that are uglier that the naked body of an old man or woman, or the body of a large person. I don't understand people's disgust of them. What really disgusses me are people who make fun of those bodies...

As for a naked bicycle race, wouldn't that hurt certain parts in particular? I don't think I'll be tempted to try that ever...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

night time trail runs are bad enough as it is, and you want to go nekkid? branches and twigs and roots and rocks do mean things out there.

Which brings to mind getting slapped where it smarts and cartwheeling down the trail...

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

You people have issues 

Sloooow.

^^Should I be embarrassed that I know what that means? Hah.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I love running trails, I think a perfect nude run/race would be at night during a full moon in Fall or just before Spring when the leaves are still gone but it isn't freezing, I just think it's awesome to run the trails at night, especially during a full moon... but then again I am quick on my feet and love the challenge of the trails. I've done at least 3 or 4 night runs, they didn't start out at night, more like dusk and I'd finish an hour later and no light in the sky but the stars...and maybe the moon.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

I love running trails, I think a perfect nude run/race would be at night during a full moon in Fall or just before Spring when the leaves are still gone but it isn't freezing, I just think it's awesome to run the trails at night, especially during a full moon... but then again I am quick on my feet and love the challenge of the trails. I've done at least 3 or 4 night runs, they didn't start out at night, more like dusk and I'd finish an hour later and no light in the sky but the stars...and maybe the moon.

i hear lounge music playing in my head now Smile

I dont know what a FUPA is????

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Buelligan

I dont know what a FUPA is????

I had to google it.