Beginners and Beyond

What's with all the color runs? (Read 182 times)

sirdizzy

I blame Facebook its always that sponsored post on my phone ughhh.  Why can't I get a sponsored post about a cool triathlon or dualthon oh yea because the makeres of those events aren't pushing them on us and paying for sponsored posts.

If a kid asked me to do it I'd likely do it but are these events even being marketed as kid events?   I could have done one for free last November as a lady at work got anyone who wanted to do it sponsored through work.     I passed and did a triathlon instead.  She told me that everyone just walked it anyways.  I don't see any of those 20 coworkers running or walking still so how did it get them off the couch.

I biked to work today like I do most weekdays even though I had my half ironman on Saturday and had a coworker ask me man your still biking to work.  Like that was it I had done my ironman and now I could just be done.  I asked them if I looked like the kind of person who had a basement full of treadmills and exercise bikes.

sirdizzy

Sorry I was so late posting still recovering from Saturday I feel so dehydrated the last 3 days anyone that've that after a race.

I used to have a fupa now I have a skin fupa just lots of skin.

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

::themoreyouknow::

You people have issues 

Hip Redux

Wait, Scottydog has done five nude races?

Mind.  Blown.

StartingOver42

faster than a glacier

I biked to work today like I do most weekdays even though I had my half ironman on Saturday and had a coworker ask me man your still biking to work.  Like that was it I had done my ironman and now I could just be done.  I asked them if I looked like the kind of person who had a basement full of treadmills and exercise bikes.

That had to suck. I hate it when all the people I work with don't understand all the details of my hobbies. Non runners are stupid and fat, amirite?

MrNamtor

Which brings to mind getting slapped where it smarts and cartwheeling down the trail...

Sounds like you're talking from experience here

MrNamtor

I dont know what a FUPA is????

And you are much better off not knowing.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I think this thread has been hijacked, dizzy you don't have to come back in and respond anymore.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

MrNamtor

I SAID: DO NOT MOCK BIG, OLD OR WEIRD PEOPLE! GRRRR....

+1 especially since i fall into 2 of those 3 categories

MrNamtor

I think we should also keep in mind that as time goes by, we will all definitely get older, probably get weirder, and also probably get fatter.

MrNamtor

Time to put your big-boy pants on Gramps.

happylily

I think we should also keep in mind that as time goes by, we will all definitely get older, probably get weirder, and also probably get fatter.

Sad, but true.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

sirdizzy

It's ok I am here for moral support Smile

I think this thread has been hijacked, dizzy you don't have to come back in and respond anymore.

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

I only learned of this word recently.  In L&O.  From Goo.

I have no interest in color runs, electric runs, mud runs, etc, but whatever gets people active and moving.  Two of my friends from college do these types of events, and they love them.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Sounds like you're talking from experience here

Vivid imagination...

And watching a buddy of mine run into a rotten tree stump on a trail run at night... it was about 6" around and just at belly button high... he didn't break it as much as fold over it and then vomit...