Beginners and Beyond

Get me, I'm starting the Thursday Penguins!! (Read 24 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Woo-hoo, I started the thread!!  I have the Friends and Family performance for chorus tonight, so I have to pull together my newly washed pajama pants, tank top, bathrobe, and all-in-one!  Plus makeup and slippers, and how does that song go again?  I made a batch of oatmeal chocolate chip cookies last night for the reception afterwards -- basically I took Scottydog's favorite cookie and messed it all up with chocolate chips.

Wake up, sleepyheads!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Good morning HsM!

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Singer who runs a smidge

Hey hey, Awood!!  Are you on the road today?

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

On the road, and still don't have email.  ugh

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I did get a run in last night though.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

Yesterday I pulled off a double; 4 miles in the morning and 4 more in the evening. My average pace for the morning 4 was 8:48, the average pace for the evening 4 was 8:50. Interesting, very interesting. SRD for me today and tomorrow morning I'm going for 18.

hi HsM, Awood, and all other Penguins.

Zelanie

Good morning, Penguins!  This has turned into another cutback week for me.  I got to thinking that even though my race didn't take a lot out of me, my training program did.  Any maybe giving the body and mind a rest before jumping right back into higher mileage isn't the best thing to do.  Also I got home late and it was dark, windy, and raining. Smile

DD made it safely to St. Louis and their matches start today!

You can watch them here (they are team 997 in the Newton division).

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Woke up too early to do 8 miles before heading to work and attend court.  Now I'm sitting on my desk contemplating the lack of sleep, ha.  On to Nashville tonight to run the RnR Country Music Half Marathon with hubby.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

PADRunner

Starting the thread is a tough job Hsm, thanks for getting it started.  Good luck tonight and we need virtual cookies!

3 miles w/ 8x400 done this morning.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Rest day today :-)  So I'm getting a haircut and picking up race bibs for Sunday's 4 mile race.

Good luck to your daughter, Zelanie.  I'm sure she'll have a great time even if they don't win.  Great things happen when teenage nerds meet other likewise nerdy kids ;-)

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

hog4life

NOBO class for me after work, maybe 4 miles, the class will do 2.

Damaris, wifey asked me why I wasn't doing the run in Nashville this weekend. Oops! Should have signed up.

SheCan

HsM-- You're so darned cute!  Yup, you're the winner for the thread today.  

Your show sounds like it's going to be awesome.  Do you know if anybody will be video taping it?

Awood-- good job to you for getting in your runs even while traveling.  How's your back doing now?

Jack-- hey you!  Great job on the doubles.  Will you and DW do the long run together?

Zelanie-- probably a smart idea.  I know for me, the mental aspect of training is definitely more difficult then the actual races.  Good luck to your DD!

PAD-- awesome on your tough workout today.  I like this idea about cookies.  I sure could go for a peanut butter one.

DR-- well you're very disciplined.  Yay@ heading to Nashville!  Enjoy your trip there.

Sapf-- Hi ya!

Mitch-- good luck with your run tonight.  Is it too late to sign up for the Half?

I did 4-1/2 easy.  My ankle was still sore, but really it was a very nice run.  There's so many wild flowers in bloom around here.  It just smells great.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

She Can - It is way better.  It gets better with each appointment.  Don't you just love spring?

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

SheCan

She Can - It is way better.  It gets better with each appointment.  Don't you just love spring?

Oh good, I'm glad you're at least having steady improvement.  And YES!!!!  Its so pretty right now.  Hope your'e getting some warmer weather & flowers also! 

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson