Beginners and Beyond

It's the Weekend Penguin's Daily (Read 26 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good Morning!!!

RD for us.  Heading to Indiana today for a birthday/anniversary party for a BIL.

Congrats on the team win, Bin.

Sounds like you are having a great trip, Ginny.

We are now signed up for next weekends 10K.

PADRunner

Morning! 4 miles done.

Another cool morning, probably the last until September. Yard work groceries and a movie for the rest of the day.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I did Pilates and 4 miles last night.  Today it's 8-10 on the TM.

Jerry, enjoy the rest.

PAD, nice 4.

Bin, congrats last night!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

We are back. 5.5 miles done with more to come later. I had to cut my run short this morning so I will probably do the same thing tonight for 11 total.

Hope everyone is well.

Brilliant

Jerry, have a fun trip/party.

Jack, have a good double - at least it's supposed to stay cool today!

Bin, congrats!

Traci, hope you feel better soon.

Pad and Damaris, nice running.

I ran 5 this morning.  Somebody (Zel, I think) asked a few days ago if I've figured out  a new schedule/routine.  Not really, yet!  Only another 3 weeks of full time school and I'll just keep fitting in runs when I can.

Heading over to LAX later to pick up my daughter from her UK trip.  She finally got her suitcase 6 days ago; she spent the first 2 1/2 weeks of her trip wearing borrowed clothes and stuff she had to go out and buy.  I sure hope BA pays her claim for all that stuff.

SheCan

Hi everyone!

Jerry-- enjoy the party!

PAd- glad you had a cool morning.  In Dallas in the summer that is special.

Hi Docket and Jack!  Good luck with the rest of your miles.

Brilliant- oh my your poor daughter not having her stuff on the trip.  How frustrating that must have been.  I'm sure she had fun anyway, but still... I know you'll be happy to have her back home.

As for me-- well, I slept late, then hubby wanted me to watch a couple of recorded shows with him.  By the time I got around to running, it was stinking hot.  Ended up getting 6 miles in anyway, so I'm happy.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

obiebyke

Hi from sunny Madison, WI pens! I dragged myself out for what was supposed to be 5 easy today but ended up being 5 run/walk. I just had no gas in the tank and hit a monster hill at around 2 and stopped to walk, and ended up taking 3 to 4 other walk breaks. Frustrating! But at least I got my 5 in, right?

Bin, insane race! Good job!

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Docket_Rocket

Only 8 on the TM as I don't feel 100%.  Could've finished 1-2 more but why push it?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Hey guys, brief check in with the last of the internet I'm likely to have for several days!  Hope you guys stay warm in the igloo!  It's cold here tonight, but where I'm headed tomorrow is hot hot hot!  Got in 5.5 this AM before I had to leave.  RD (on the bus) tomorrow.  Then we will see after that.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Hey guys, brief check in with the last of the internet I'm likely to have for several days!  Hope you guys stay warm in the igloo!  It's cold here tonight, but where I'm headed tomorrow is hot hot hot!  Got in 5.5 this AM before I had to leave.  RD (on the bus) tomorrow.  Then we will see after that.

Safe trip Zel, wherever you are going.  Your blogs are very entertaining.

hog4life

No running today, but did a 31 mile bike ride. I have iced a few times today, and will do the same tomorrow. I'll try to run a little Monday to see how it feels.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Happy National Ice Cream Day !!!

Good Luck, Sunday Racers.....

PADRunner

Good Ice Cream Sunday Morning!

6.75 Done.

Might try a Beethoven concert this afternoon, become a cultured Penguin...

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have a slight cold, so we'll see how much I have to accommodate running before my marathon next week.  Run with hubby or solo tonight.

Damaris

Fundraising Page