Beginners and Beyond

My Best Friend's Passing (Read 333 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Thanks everyone, it still doesn't feel real. She was in such great condition this past winter and even in spring, but then started to take a turn for the worse by June. She was with me through many big moments in my life, middle/high school, moving out, getting married and having my first child. I will miss her, and I don't know if I will ever fully get over her being gone.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Nevrgivup

She's crossed over the rainbow bridge. Sorry for your loss. Sad

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

Jess runs for bacon

I'm sorry so for your loss. ((hugs))

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Having just lost my last one early this year, I feel for you.

It is not easy.

From the Internet.

I'm so sorry Sad Lots of hugs. It sounds like you gave her a wonderful life.

My family's first dog is ailing right now. She's been refusing to eat for a week or so now and my mom has been sending me updates on her. She goes in for surgery tomorrow for a possible obstruction, if that's not successful I think they'll have to euthanize her. We adopted her.. 11.5 years ago now, and we're not sure of her exact age but she could be as old as 16-17.

QuirkyOne

The former Kelly728

So sorry for your loss.  Losing a close pet is so painful.

Aww (((hon))).  To be with you from childhood into marriage makes Molly a particularly special friend.  You've been a wonderful caretaker for her.  I'm so sorry for your pain.  The first week is the worst, so please take care of yourself.

Running for two.  Drinking for none.

Mmmmm...beer

So sorry to hear that.  Pets are tough, because they love you unconditionally (which is why they're so great).  I fear when our oldest dog leaves us, he's 13 now and has been with us for most of our oldest son's life, it's going to be hard. 

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

(((FreeSoul87)))
                    RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

So sorry to hear that, FreeSoul!

Rest in Peace, Molly.

She's lived a good life and you, her, and your family reaped many a benefit from her life. I know that you'll miss her, but you have to carry on. You'll always, ALWAYS have those fond memories of your time together and that can never be taken away!

Virtual hugs your way...

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Zelanie

So sorry for your loss.  They are never with us for long enough.  I've lost two dogs in the past 3 years and it is never easy.

Here is a poem I really like.  I definitely still see my guys when I'm out walking or running and pass one of their favorite spots!

We have a secret, you and I that no one else shall know,
                        for who but I can see you lie each night in fire glow?

And who but I can reach my hand before we go to bed
                        and feel the living warmth of you and touch your silken head?

And only I walk woodland paths and see ahead of me,
                        your small form racing with the wind so young again, and free.

And only I can see you swim in every brook I pass
                        and when I call, no one but I can see the bending grass.

Author Unknown

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Zelanie that is beautiful, thank you everyone. Thank you so much Cry

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Sloooow.

My heart breaks for you Sad I am glad she passed at home, in her place, around people who she loved and who loved her.

X

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I am so, so sorry for your loss Sad

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Sorry to hear that, FreeSoul.

Dogs and emotions are funny things, so intrinsically linked.

By posting, you brought me back to childhood, when my best friend coincidentally had a husky named Molly.  We would hitch her up to a sled and zoom around the neighborhood on mini Iditarods.

Thanks for sharing, hopefully the fact that I just welled up with tears can somehow take away a little of the sting of your loss. 

Dogs rule.