Beginners and Beyond

My Best Friend's Passing (Read 333 times)

SheCan

I'm sorry, freesoul.  I know you're going to miss her very much.   Please take care of yourself while you're grieving.  Many, many hugs to you.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Buelligan

I think when dogs pass on, they leave a little of themselves with you forever... and they also take a part of you with them.  

You're sad because she's gone, but in time you'll be happy for what she left.  That part of her stays with you forever.  And that part of you she took?  It'll be with her forever, too.  Not a bad way to end up, really.  You had a good run together.   She'd want you to keep going and not stay sad for too long. 

One day you'll think of her and smile again... that'll be the part she left. 

I am so sorry to hear about that.  My eyes tear up thinking about your sweet girl and you having to let go.  I have a big ole boy who is creaking when he walks and groaning when he stands.  I do not look forward to that day.  Hugs to you.

I am sorry for your loss. I hope you and your family find some peace. Molly will be well remembered.

Creawood

This is the hardest part of bringing an animal companion into your life -- eventually they have to leave you.  I don't know if I believe in heaven or hell, but wherever I go after I die, all our four-legged pals are going to be waiting for me.

dog person

It's tough;  I had a great dog named Molly that passed away at home about a year and a half ago.

Time helps, but you'll always remember remember the great times you had together.

Don't expect other non-dog types to understand how much it hurts.

Kristian

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Thank you, there are going to be so many things reminding me of her, she had her own spot in my office where she slept, as she did in our bedroom and the living room. I swear there are moments I can almost catch a glimpse of her laying down and watching me intently. Her intense gaze just looking through me and into my soul.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Little Blue

I'm so sorry, Freesoul.  You know in your heart that you gave her the best life she could possibly have hoped for. 

Those spots in the house will remain for a long time.   Our first dog used to lay on the steps going from the house into the garage.  After she passed, it took months before we broke the habit of looking through the door before opening it, so as to not bump the dog.

Don't try to rush the grieving process.  Let it take as long as you need.

Supersono99

I'm very sorrySad

I'm so sorry for your loss.

andee1296

So sorry you lost your friend, FS. Sounds like Molly was a great dog. Take care.

waterskimmer

It is so sad when they finally leave us.  I hope you occasionally find big clumps of husky dog hair around.

The next few runs through the woods will be so hard, but I hope the memories will eventually comfort you.

BIS

High Horse

Sorry Sad

I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member ~ Groucho Marx.

MrNamtor

Big hug FreeSoul. So sorry for your loss. At least she is at peace now.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Thank you, DH and I talked last night about how she never gave in to old age, not even up to the end. She defied what takes over so many, and that spark never left her eyes, but Saturday night I did see it finally, that she was done. I told DH last night that it doesn't feel like she is gone, physically maybe, but it still feels like she is here lying down and watching me Cry

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)