Beginners and Beyond

Soggy Saturdailies (Read 52 times)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Ha-ha, I wish, I got my ass handed to me.

2 X 800's - 2:57, 302

1 mile - 6:38 (quarter mile splits were 1:38, 1:38, 1:43, 1:39)

2 X 800's - 3:05, 307

It was an absolute abomination of a workout, and I knew it after the first 800.  I just didn't have it today, mentally or physically

I toughed it out because even though you sometimes have workouts like these, they still may pay dividends on race day...

yeah right lmao!

Sweet, you did my workout!  She's a beauty, isn't she?  That'd be a great one to repeat in 2-3 weeks too.  In your honor I'm going to tough it out and get my 1200s in after church since I didn't run them yesterday.

As for me, our 12 miles are done - slower for me at 8:54 pace, but that's okay.  It was a nice collection of folks and just a nice run.  I also picked up my new shoes and can't wait to give them a run tomorrow.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Dr. Cornsitter

Sweet, you did my workout!  She's a beauty, isn't she?  That'd be a great one to repeat in 2-3 weeks too.  In your honor I'm going to tough it out and get my 1200s in after church since I didn't run them yesterday.

As for me, our 12 miles are done - slower for me at 8:54 pace, but that's okay.  It was a nice collection of folks and just a nice run.  I also picked up my new shoes and can't wait to give them a run tomorrow.

What are the new shoes?

Quote from BeachRunner3234 on 6/25/2013 at 8:20 PM:

So I'm currently sitting with a bag of frozen corn in my ass.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

That's the opposite of dragging ass, right?

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Waiting for the thunderstorms to pass, then six miles with the sistah. Someone please give me the kick in the ass I need to feel motivated. Ugh.

Your butt seems to make it into a lot of conversations.

Shoes are these magical minty rockets:

Dr. Cornsitter

Your butt seems to make it into a lot of conversations.

Shoes are these magical minty rockets:

You seem to pick up on my ass every time too Wink

Those are sweet looking (heh) kicks! They make me want some mint chocolate chip ice cream. Very nice!

Quote from BeachRunner3234 on 6/25/2013 at 8:20 PM:

So I'm currently sitting with a bag of frozen corn in my ass.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

You seem to pick up on my ass every time too Wink

Those are sweet looking (heh) kicks! They make me want some mint chocolate chip ice cream. Very nice!

Bah, no comment...

Ice cream does sound pretty tasty!

Hip Redux

6 miles done on the rail trail in pea soup.   There is so much standing water out there that we're gonna be growing some serious mosquitoes this year if it doesn't dry out.

BruceD555

Soggy ... very descriptive of the run today. Ran 10 miles with a couple of RPs in some heavy downpours. Shirt was soggy ... shorts were soggy ... shoes & socks were soggy. Our town was also doing a 5k race while we were out running and we ran alongside them (on the sidewalks not the course) for about 2 miles. It was really tough to reign in the legs because seeing those folks racing made me want to run fast ... but I was good and kept things mostly in the recovery zone. Wink

Train smart ... race smarter.

B-Plus

LRB - That is quite the blowup on the mile. It must have really sucked. But way to somewhat redeem yourself on the last couple of 800s.

April - Congrats on the first 20. I'll be joining you in the 20-mile club in a few weeks.

10 @ 7:56 w/ 6 x 30 sec. accelerations.

3-day weekend!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I meant to add, if any of you are bored and want to check out some amazing runners, look at this today:  http://www.wser.org/   (look at race day webcast for results) This is the Western States 100 mile run, out in Squaw Valley California.  Some of the world's best ultra runners are out there, competing in some serious heat and humidity.  Despite the mountainous route, the course record is actually a little under 15 hours!  One of my training partners is out there running right now, and he's through the first 30 miles in 5:39:00.  Anyone finishing in under 24 hours get a prestigious silver belt buckle, and those in under 30 hours get a bronze one.

Also, Ian Sharman, who coached RedSparkle on here for a while, is currently in 7th and right with the leaders.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hi!

I was originally planning on doing 18, but yesterday decided to do 20 to get that pesky first 20-miler out of the way. I was going to do it next Friday (my office gave us a bonus day off for the 4th) but I didn't want to think about it for a week. Smile

I feel really good. Feet are sore, and it was slow-going due to the sun and humidity, but I got it done. Now I'm trapped in a cleaning frenzy because we're having friends over later. No rest for the weary.

High fives!!!  That's awesome.  It always seems like there's no resting after the long runs or races - why does it always work out that way?

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Five hot miles done progression style. Held my head in a splash fountain on the greenway at the end of the run. That was magical.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

5.3 sluggish miles, 9:30 overall pace. Actually, not a bad pace considering I'm between night shifts. I'll take it.

Looking for a short run tomorrow, and a long run on Tuesday, Lord willin' and the creek don't rise....

Now, we can return to discussing LRB's airborne ass. Smile

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Only sogginess around here is from sweat!  Our ACTUAL temp is going to hit 104 today!   I got up at 6:30 am. this morning, went to the Y, started from there at 7:30 in the morning - and it was already 80 degrees here - and did a 3.3. mile loop from the Y, through Brackenridge Park, and back to the Y.  T. When I was going through a small neighborhood right before I entered the park, I suddenly got a whiff of this wonderful smell...and stopped to see what it was.  This  one lady's house had a very nice garden near the road that was in full bloom with all kinds of flowers, including some roses...so for today's run, I literally stopped to smell the roses, lol.  There was also the biggest darn Siamese cat I've ever seen, lying in the earth under some bushes in the garden.  Very friendly, came out to see me and let me pet her when I stopped.  Then on to the park. The park is SO nice, lots and lots of trails and shade trees, making it feel cooler in there.  Passed by the egrets near the zoo.  By the zoo train tracks (tourist train) met a bulldog - so ugly he was beautiful, lol - gave him a treat and got a big facelick from him..and a nice whiff of his bulldog breath..not as sweet smelling as the roses, lol.

After I got back to the Y, I did a weight training circuit.  Being in the a/c after the run felt really good too. So I had a pretty full morning's workouts.  Now I'm sitting in the house in the a/c being lazy, watching TV, and it is getting hotter by the minute outside.  Gail and I may take in a movie later.   She is kind of interested in that new Sandra Bullock movie.  Today is the 29th anniversary of the day we met, and she woke up to find some cards waiting for her in her bathroom, so started out her day with a smile.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

You're awesome in so many ways Scotty that it's not even funny.  I'm a big bulldog fan too, though I might have passed on the lick!  Way to make the most out of those 3.3 miles, and have a great rest of your day with your better half.