Beginners and Beyond

FRIDAILIES: Because We Said So, That's Why! (Read 87 times)

Ball of Fury

Basya:  Hope you had a great experience!

Well, it's 4:20 and I am heading out for another try at this damn tempo run!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Damaris, enjoy your six recovery miles. Good luck at the chiro.

Scott, enjoy the SRD as much as you can.

DCDan78, I hope that strength training and the three-miler go well.

Dan_The_CPA, have fun at poker.

AmiK, good luck with the tempo run.

My unofficial time is 4:53:52. The times won't be posted for another two hours.

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Basaya - congrats on your marathon!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Congrats Basya can't wait to hear all about it!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Ball of Fury

Congratulations Basya!!  9 miles total with 6@GHMP (shooting for 8:00/mile and average was 7:59).  It was a tough run but glad I finished!

Ball of Fury

Congratulations Basya!!  9 miles total with 6@GHMP (shooting for 8:00/mile and average was 7:59).  It was a tough run but glad I finished!

flarunner

Mornin' Chitlins!

Great job on your marathon Basya! Can't wait to read all about it. And see pictures. I hope, lots of pictures.

Did another 5 miles easy this morning. Have a little 10k tomorrow morning. Might even be able to meet crazyrunninglady and son. They say it's supposed to get down into the 40's for tomorrow morning. Might have to wear cloths. Wink

Have a great day everyone!

LRB

When I saw all those responses to the dailies at 5:00 am this morning, my first response was now what?!

Good afternoon Basya, Mazel Tov! Hope it was a great experience, looking forward to the RR with plenty of photos.

Good morning to everyone else In the Western Hemisphere!

Planning about 8 after work today. But I have been fighting a bad cold the last few days, pushing through it anyway to get the miles in. We'll have to see how I feel at that point, I am feeling like crap right now.

Dave

YAYpril - B-Plus

Congratulations, Basya!!

4 runch miles for me today. Will mark my first unofficial 40-mile week (last Saturday to today).

Docket_Rocket

Congratulations, Basya!  Great job!  How do you feel?

Damaris, enjoy your six recovery miles. Good luck at the chiro.

Scott, enjoy the SRD as much as you can.

DCDan78, I hope that strength training and the three-miler go well.

Dan_The_CPA, have fun at poker.

AmiK, good luck with the tempo run.

My unofficial time is 4:53:52. The times won't be posted for another two hours.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Morning Dailies! RD for me today but got in a lite 20min spin with some core and rolling too. registered for both my spring HM's last nite so my spring schedule is set and excited for race enxt week.

Baysa - Congrats on your race! Is that a PR for you?

Good Luck to anyone else racing this weekend.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

happylily

Mazel Tov, Basya! I can't wait for your RR!

Beautiful warm day here. I will be playing outside with the kiddos, in the melting snow.

Only 6 little recovery miles, with a few strides, tonight. I have a time trial tomorrow and I need fresh legs.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Morning!

Already popped in to say congrats to Basya, but I will say it again! Awesome job!

I had PT last night. Continued to learn more about how messed up my body is haha...I have such a slew of issues contributing to the ITBS it's not even funny.

This morning I had a very slow, very easy, very flat surfaced recovery paced 1.5 mile jog. Just to stay loose and make sure my legs work. I wanted to make sure I tried a couple things my PT told me to do before my race on Sunday too...ya know so I "don't try anything new on race day" specifically wearing my ITB strap under my tights instead of over, and to wear my custom insoles- which I rarely wear because they bother me. He actually thinks I really need to go to a podiatrist and get actual custom orthotics, but in the meantime he said I really need to be running in the insoles. Since I've only worn them a few times I figured I should take them for a spin today. Still hate them, lol....so I need to make a decision on if I will wear them Sunday.

Have an awesome Friday!!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

Good luck on the race, kristin!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page