Beginners and Beyond

FRIDAILIES: Because We Said So, That's Why! (Read 87 times)

BruceD555

I finished my runniversary 11 miles and might of accidentally turned a normal MLR into a little pseudo-progressive run. This was one of those effortless runs that the legs just wanted to go. I ended up with an average pace of 7:45 running outside in a feels like temp of 18 (with 10 mph winds) ... glorious night for a run!

Train smart ... race smarter.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Evening, Dailies!  It's late already, and I didn't sleep enough last night so I won't bore y'all with a long-winded post!

Basya, congrats on the full marathon. I hope you enjoyed it. I did glance at your RR, but I didn't give it a good thorough read yet.

It's hard to keep up with everybody at times.

SRD for me today. Tomorrow will probably be a TM evening, just to get a few miles in for the week.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Hi dailies:

Thursday - just 3.8 regeneration miles after getting to attend a video conference with Meb.  It was very interesting;  I'd previously read about how his family left Eritrea as refugees, but to hear him talk of those experiences firsthand, live, was pretty moving.  I also got the sense that running as an elite requires complete devotion -- like he wanted to relate to people's questions but was kind of on another plane.  Talking about running a sub-5 mile during a marathon because he wanted to catch a particular competitor.

Tonight - 8.5 steady-state miles, 6:47 pace.   I felt fast and dropped well under 5K pace for the last 800m or so.  Not a common training indulgence, but maybe it was a daydream of being an elite, if only for a couple minutes.

Docket_Rocket

That is fast.  Nice job.  I feel like an elite for 100m Big grin

Hi dailies:

Thursday - just 3.8 regeneration miles after getting to attend a video conference with Meb.  It was very interesting;  I'd previously read about how his family left Eritrea as refugees, but to hear him talk of those experiences firsthand, live, was pretty moving.  I also got the sense that running as an elite requires complete devotion -- like he wanted to relate to people's questions but was kind of on another plane.  Talking about running a sub-5 mile during a marathon because he wanted to catch a particular competitor.

Tonight - 8.5 steady-state miles, 6:47 pace.   I felt fast and dropped well under 5K pace for the last 800m or so.  Not a common training indulgence, but maybe it was a daydream of being an elite, if only for a couple minutes.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

4.1 recovery pace miles for me.