Beginners and Beyond

Comic Penguin's WednesDAILY (Read 29 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here.

Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."

It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Looks like a nice day for a 5 miler with DW.  Had a great reunion last night with old co-workers.  About a 100 showed up for the event.

Enjoy Hump Day.

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Good morning Penguins!

Yesterday I ran 7 easy "hilly fartlek" miles. Whenever I came to a hill or incline I charged up it - why despise that which makes me faster!

Bin - last night was karaoke night!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I did 8 miles this morning since we should have another 100+ day and humid.  It was super humid but at least I ran within my normal afternoon temps

this morning.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Damaris - that is some crazy weather you're having. Shouldn't it be cooling down by now?

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Docket_Rocket

Damaris - that is some crazy weather you're having. Shouldn't it be cooling down by now?

Not until December but we should start lowering this dewpoint to around 70DP which should bring heat indexes into the low 90s soon.  Or so I hope.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

PADRunner

Morning Penguins. 4 easy his morning for me.

Bin Running

Jerry, always to catch up with old colleagues.

Gustav, glad you are still singing.

Damaris, good job on the 8.

PAD, congrats on the 4.

8 easy done.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

Good work on the miles, everyone.

Docket: nice fall weather you are having'

Later today I have 12 miles scheduled. It will likely be at dusk.

See ya.

Docket_Rocket

Ahem, Jack, it was at 4am the 82F, ha.  Fall weather would be when it's 82F and 77DP at 6pm. Big grin

Damaris

Fundraising Page

SheCan

G'morning penguins!

Hey Jerry!  Nice 5 miler!

Gustav-- hey!!!  Glad you enjoyed the hills.  They really can be fun.

Docket-- ugh@100+, that's awful.  Good thing you have a good attitude about it, and got your miles in anyway.

PAD & Bin--- good job on the miles.

Jack--Around dusk time is a more pleasant time to run around here than it often is of the mornings.  Probably because it gets cooler as you go.  Good luck on your 12 miler!

I've been dog sitting lately for a friend.  Her little dog is soooo cute and sweet, but boy my cats will be happy when he's gone.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Morning! So I've been spoiled with not having to run before work for months now thanks to my part-time jobs not happening from the beginning of August til now. But my clients for this school year are starting up again so I have to get back to morning running. Today is the first day I attempted it. Which was kind of a bad idea because I finished my run after 7:00pm last night. To start at 6:00 this morning would have meant less than 12 hours in between. But it was moot because I overslept my alarm Sad boooooo

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Zelanie

Morning!  Mystery track workout tonight. Smile

Dad on the run.

Jerry - Enjoy the 5!

Gustav - Good job on the hilly 7, I need to do hills...

Docket - Good job on the 8, I don't see how you run in that mess

Pad - Good job getting up and getting in those 4

Bin - Well done with the 8,

Jack - Enjoy the 12 later

She Can - haha, I'm sure those cats are having the time of their life....

Kristin - Boo for oversleeping your alarm. Getting up in the AM before work to run is very dificult Sad

AFM - 3 miles done this morning, managed to pull a 8:44 mile my last mile. I've been comfortable running my 9:30-10:00 miles but its about time for me to get back to those 8 m/m I was running before.

I may try and pull a double today and run another slow 3 after work, haven't decided yet.

So the 3 guys I work that I'm competing with in miles has this hair brained idea to do the Mercedes full in Feb. Really??? Its a conflicting decision, my common sense tells me to say no, buy that other part of me, you know the one, the one that doesn't want to be shown up, well it tells me to run it! Ohh... what to do, what to do. I'm pretty sure come Feb I could finish it, but I doubt I could give it my all. :/

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

From the Internet.

Morning pens!

0.75 miles on the 'mill and 20 minutes of water running intervals yesterday (misread the pool schedule, whoops - wanted to get in more like 40 minutes), planning for another 0.5ish and weights today. I have run every single day except Saturday for the last week and I'm not broken yet, little sore but nothing that couldn't be foam rolled away, so maybe less distance/more frequency is actually going to work for me! (Shh, I know it hasn't been long enough to pass judgment yet, I just need to pretend that SOMETHING is going to work or I might have to quit for real :P)