Beginners and Beyond

Frosty The Penguin Tuesday (Read 20 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

BRRRRRR!!!

I really HATE cold weather!   San Antonio this morning is not as cold this morning - 31 degrees - as yesterday morning - 25 degrees - and compared to what most folks in the US have, we are pretty warm.   But for we South Texans, our average low around this time of the year is in the mid-40s and our highs are in the upper 60s.....we probably won't make it out of the 50s today.   Well, at least it will be sunny today, that's a blessing.  Plan on doing 3 - 4 miles after work, probably on trails at a local park.

THANK YOU MRS. ROBERT!  I got a nice card in the mail from Robert and his wife and family, plus a "Team TJ" wristband, which I am now wearing.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Good morning all!

Frosty indeed here at 20°, which is a Kansas norm. You get used to it, and I actually prefer it to hot summers. I cringe when I have run in temps above 72. But I can sympathize that the cold temps must really rattle San Antonians.

Got my 5 in this morning after a bit of self scolding. So nice and snuggly warm in my flannel pjs. Feel so great to have overpowered that awful voice.

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

Docket_Rocket

No Frosty in Miami.  But it's not 88F like yesterday a. Couple of miled low 80s days to come. Asthma is bad but I have 6 with 2 at MP tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Robert31320

Team TJ

After work miles for me again today.  Planning 4 or more...

Running for TJ because he can't.

PADRunner

Morning all 3 TM miles on the streets of Berlin.

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  It's not so cold yet today (although there was snow up near DC), but tomorrow and Thursday are supposed to be way freakin' cold!!  Still getting back into the swing of things and fighting the Abominable Head Cold.  

Scotty -- You might even have to put on long pants!!  

Kathleen -- Mmm, flannel PJ's!!

Docket -- this polar vortex might even give you some good weather!!

Robert -- have a good 4 or more!!

PAD -- They keep TMs on the streets of Berlin?

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

We will run inside again.  Still too congested to run outside.   Had to shovel a few inches of snow this morning in my Jammys.

Have a great Tuesday.

Zelanie

Hi pens.  Not too cold here - mid 40s and it was super clear last night.  I have a meeting after work, and the plan is to run 6.5 after that.

tracilynn

Morning penguins

I ran 3.8M this morning 23° and calm winds.  If it had been windy at all I would have ditched the run.  Colder temps are coming and I will be on the dreadmill until this polar WTFtex is over.

Kathleen, good job on the 5 and ditching your flannel pjs for running tights.

Scotty, stay warm!

docket, sorry the asthma is bugging you. Why is it flaring up? Just a normal flare up? Dusty?

Robert, enjoy your 4 or more later

pad,  enjoy Berlin today ha.

Hopes, sorry the cold is lingering. ERRYBODY is sick around here. I'm nervous.

~~~~~~~

Traci

tracilynn

Hey zel and jerry!

~~~~~~~

Traci

Zelanie

Oh, I have a new fitbit, and last night I earned my "penguin march" badge.

If you want to be friends, I think you need to enter my email.  It's zelanie, and you would find me at comcast.net.

Docket_Rocket

Traci, I think it's the record highs and the stupidly high dewpoints.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

It's not frosty here, though I wish it was. Today it should be about 82 and I am scheduled to run 8 miles with 10x100 strides. I will likely do about six miles on the roads and finish the last two and strides on a track while DD is at swim.

We are waiting on a ceiling medallion and new light but other than that, the bathroom is done. Werd.

Stay warm and be safe.

Docket_Rocket

So much for having cooler weather. It's already 86F.

Damaris

Fundraising Page