Beginners and Beyond

OMG wake up...actually don't wake up because it's SUNDAILIES (Read 52 times)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Just a quick check in...ran 11.5 in some warm/windy conditions. I'm still pretty achy and sore, so I'm glad I have some time to pull myself together. I'm off to rest again.

Basya...great job at your race. Those are fun surprises.

Step...sounds like an awesome event. Hope you ran well.

SHIRFAN...enjoy that taper!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

LRB

I actually haven't had a donut in three years.  Sad

Put a one in front of that three and make that around 13 years for me lol!

The first thing I did a million years ago when I got into fitness was give up sweets and the skin on chicken, which is arguably the best part of BBQ!

Although I will eat sweets every now and again, it is very rare when I do.  People ask me how I do it and it's simple; when I was eating them, I ate enough to last a lifetime!

Hip Redux

Put a one in front of that three and make that around 13 years for me lol!

Damn!

I gave up sweets too recently.  I actually bought myself a gluten free "treat" at Starbucks and it was so sickly sweet I tossed it!

And I never eat the skin on chicken unless it's chicken wings and in that case I still eat it!  lol

LRB

Damn!

I gave up sweets too recently.  I actually bought myself a gluten free "treat" at Starbucks and it was so sickly sweet I tossed it!

And I never eat the skin on chicken unless it's chicken wings and in that case I still eat it!  lol

I treat my daily allotment of calories like money, spending them prudently.  If I am ever going to splurge and blow the daily "wad", pizza and/or wine are usually involved.

When I do eat sweets, it's usually premium top of the line stuff.  I mean if you're going to hell, you might as well go with gasoline soaked drauz on!  >:-)

Docket_Rocket

I might need another donut.  50K!  And after I posted, the internet went down and I didn't notice the mistake.

You're running a 500k?!  Wow you are a bad ass!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

A life without sweets ain't life at all!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hip Redux

I have never counted calories.  If I want to lose weight, I cut out junk.   The only time that didn't work was when I must have been gluten intolerant and undiagnosed, because my weight didn't budge no matter what for a good while.  As soon as I cut gluten, I dropped 25 pounds in 3 months!

Speaking of food, I just finished my weekly Sunday cook up where I get as much prep work for meals out of the way for the week as I can.   I now have prepared and ready to go in the fridge: chuck roast,  chicken curry, meatloaf, roasted broccoli, a butternut casserole, and egg frittata for breakfasts.  I also have some shredded chicken and bacon to make tonight's chicken bacon avocado tomato sandwiches!

So now I am torn what to do for exercise.  Way too windy to ride for me (and cool still).  I said gym earlier but the sun has come out  so I'd like to be outside.   I don't know if I want to tempt the running Gods again with back to back runs off of the DL.   #firstworldproblems

LRB

I might need another donut.  50K!  And after I posted, the internet went down and I didn't notice the mistake.

You didn't write 500k, I fixed your post for ya!   Big grin

LRB

So now I am torn what to do for exercise.  Way too windy to ride for me (and cool still).  I said gym earlier but the sun has come out  so I'd like to be outside.   I don't know if I want to tempt the running Gods again with back to back runs off of the DL.   #firstworldproblems

Sit on the porch or patio and daydream about exercising.  If you get deep enough into thought, a bead of sweat might appear.  Cool

Hip Redux

Sit on the porch or patio and daydream about exercising.  If you get deep enough into thought, a bead of sweat might appear.  Cool

This is totally my dogs' idea of exercise! LOL!

LRB

This is totally my dogs' idea of exercise! LOL!

Big grin

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

21.5 miles for me. Not too bad a run. Now just relaxing.

Lrb which theater is with the great pizza?

Basya wtg on the ab work.

Dave site was having some slowness for me early this am too.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Now YOU owe me a donut.

You didn't write 500k, I fixed your post for ya!   Big grin

Damaris

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Congrats on the time Basya

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

For those of you that were asking, I am way less sore from the trail run than normal, so that is positive about the Hokas.

Damaris

Fundraising Page