Beginners and Beyond

Don't forget to bandage your tits at the Paris Half-Marathon (Read 206 times)

fourouta5

Healed Hammy

Any race report with "tits" in it is FTW.  Nice job Adam - maybe if you ate the mystery meal from the stove you could have sub-18'nd, lol.

Adam_McAllen

Beer-and-waffle Powered

So_Im_a_Runner - Thanks, it does feel good to get back into it (and with my nipples intact).

Shirfan - I'm glad you liked the report. Nope, races are definitely more than just hard runs.

B-Plus - Yup, I figured that'd grab attention.

LTH - Thanks, it is always interesting to see what you can learn from a race even when you don't feel 100% race-ready.

Longboat - Thanks!

Gustav - I thought his joke was pretty clever too (but he said that his parents were the only ones that yelled it).

GC100k - Yes, it's a very important thing to remember.

Dtothe2nd - Thanks.

Docket_Rocket - Are you "pending" for the race? Or for the whole trip? It turns out that two of my friends/teammates from college XC are going to be in Paris that weekend... I'll be impressed if I make it to the start-line in one peaceBig grin.

fourouta5 - Thanks. That mystery meal might have helped... or killed me. Actually, I'm pretty sure that preticular brand of ravioli had been implicated in the horse-meat scandal recently in the EU.

LRB - Thanks, it's nice to be back.

BeachRunner - The museum was really cool, unfortunately we could only be there an hour before it closed (and the gift shop closed before I could stock up on postcards.

Princess B.S. - 16? Damn, now I'm feeling youngJoking... I'm turning 25 soon. I'm glad you liked the photos.

Baboon - I'm glad you liked the report, thanks. I think it's less the overall time that matters and more of how much you had to bury yourself to get it (unless you're going for the win).

She Can - I wouldn't say it sounds bad, although I'm obviously presenting a limited view:P. I've been studying in Europe for the last two years, so almost every time I travel I time it to involve a race.

In the words of my late-coach : Just hang in there, relax... and at the end of a race anyone you see.....just pass them

Docket_Rocket

Still pending for the whole trip.  If I get there, I'm running it, drunk or not.  You should do the same. Joking

So_Im_a_Runner - Thanks, it does feel good to get back into it (and with my nipples intact).

Shirfan - I'm glad you liked the report. Nope, races are definitely more than just hard runs.

B-Plus - Yup, I figured that'd grab attention.

LTH - Thanks, it is always interesting to see what you can learn from a race even when you don't feel 100% race-ready.

Longboat - Thanks!

Gustav - I thought his joke was pretty clever too (but he said that his parents were the only ones that yelled it).

GC100k - Yes, it's a very important thing to remember.

Dtothe2nd - Thanks.

Docket_Rocket - Are you "pending" for the race? Or for the whole trip? It turns out that two of my friends/teammates from college XC are going to be in Paris that weekend... I'll be impressed if I make it to the start-line in one peaceBig grin.

fourouta5 - Thanks. That mystery meal might have helped... or killed me. Actually, I'm pretty sure that preticular brand of ravioli had been implicated in the horse-meat scandal recently in the EU.

LRB - Thanks, it's nice to be back.

BeachRunner - The museum was really cool, unfortunately we could only be there an hour before it closed (and the gift shop closed before I could stock up on postcards.

Princess B.S. - 16? Damn, now I'm feeling youngJoking... I'm turning 25 soon. I'm glad you liked the photos.

Baboon - I'm glad you liked the report, thanks. I think it's less the overall time that matters and more of how much you had to bury yourself to get it (unless you're going for the win).

She Can - I wouldn't say it sounds bad, although I'm obviously presenting a limited view:P. I've been studying in Europe for the last two years, so almost every time I travel I time it to involve a race.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Just B.S.

Just teasing you Adam!LOL You are very "fresh faced".Smile

You probably look young to me since my own son is going to be 24 soon and I still see the little boy some days.

Buelligan

I spent the rest of the day wandering around the Père Lachaise Cemetery, Notre Dame and Champs Élysées.

I've been to this cemetery!

happylily

So basically, you ran a whole bunch of 5ks strung together, each one faster than my fastest ever 5k... And that was just a tune-up race for you, after a hard workout just a few days before. Man, you're fast! Awesome race, Adam, way to represent us, I knew that you would not disappoint! Congratulations!!!

I am so glad to have found the time this afternoon to sit down and really read your whole RR with full attention. Your RRs are always the best, really, and I was just about to PM you in anger demanding where the heck was your RR! You delivered just in time. Big grin As always, awesome humour, great details of your exotic location, interesting anecdotes, beautiful pictures, and exciting recount of your race. Thank you so much for this great read!

EDIT: I was wondering about the title... I thought it was a little strange, because it's not like you to use that sort of language. Big grin

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Congrats on both your races!  Great report and great photos too!  Glad you did not fall in the river in Paris and go In Seine... Wink

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Goorun

Glad you are back at it Adam. That is a good race considering you half ass train for it.Wink

Great RR and pics.

Slow and steady never wins anything.

mucknort

Great report. Reminds me of how my brothers and I chuckled as teens when we visited the Grand Tetons in WY.

Supersono99

Allez Louya! I'm still ROTFL at that! Great RR and pictures. I like the photo of you in the ornament or doorknob looking thing. The bandage your tits part is pretty damn funny, too. I love the race shirt.

MrNamtor

Dude you need to make a movie out of this RR!! May I suggest the title "The Tit Bandager"?

PS: You are FAST MAN!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

A double race report! Lucky us Smile

Great job! I am glad you made it through this time, and your time was great especially considering your training!

The bandages for the tits is a hysterical "Engrish fail" made me laugh out loud!

As someone who speaks a bit of French, your friend's "Allez Louya" bib is too funny! What a creative idea!

Thanks for sharing! Paris is one of my favorite cities in the world I would love to run this race someday!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Zelanie

Congrats on some speedy and scenic races!  And the, um, helpful advice!