Beginners and Beyond

Any other crazies racing this weekend? (Read 87 times)

I'm running (not racing) the Manhattan Half... expecting a gun temp of 17.

Good luck everyone!

happylily

Eeeek! Yes, you ARE crazy! I will be thinking about you with a hot cup of coco in my hands! You rock, have fun!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

slowrunningjulie

I am running a 30K, but I don't think that I fall into your "crazy" category, since the temps are predicted to be between the high 50s to low 70s.

Upcoming:

July 27 - San Francisco marathon

happylily

I am running a 30K, but I don't think that I fall into your "crazy" category, since the temps are predicted to be between the high 50s to low 70s.

Nice! Good luck!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

delicate flower

Good luck, racers!

No race but I am doing a charity snowshoe walk with DW Saturday at Stratton resort in Vermont....my last outdoor activity for a few months.

<3

cmb4314

I had originally thought about it, since there is actually a race to use for one of my Pfitz tune up races this weekend, but it's supposed to be 2 degrees at the start of the race I was thinking about.

It would also require convincing my husband that he wants to take the dog (aka, Captain Carsick McFidgetpants) to the vet by himself, which can be quite an event.

I will more than likely just run a tempo run in place of the tune up race.

My wildly inconsistent PRs:

5k: 24:36 (10/20/12)  

10k: 52:01 (4/28/12)  

HM: 1:50:09 (10/27/12)

Marathon: 4:19:11 (10/2/2011) 

slowrunningjulie

Nice! Good luck!

Thanks! I am excited. Looking out the window right now at work, it is sunny and 70 degrees outside. I am hoping this weather holds and glad to be a Texan right about now.

Upcoming:

July 27 - San Francisco marathon

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Second indoor track meet of the season on Sunday. Just a double this time: mile and 800m.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Finally decided to DNS my 10K Saturday after holding out hope this long. Due to ITBS I have been able to only run THREE friggin cumulative miles in January so even though I have rested for 2 weeks and hope to be healed soon there's no way I can run,run/walk, or even powerwalk this race Sad. Boo. Good luck to all the racers! Have a blast for me!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Yes doing this one...

Not really a crazy though, since San Antonio temp will be 55 at start time.  A little cold for we South Texans.. Joking

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

YAYpril - B-Plus

Good luck, everyone! I'm not racing but I'm running outside both Saturday and Sunday in frigid temps. Brrrr.

meaghansketch

I may be doing (running? racing?  I don't even know yet) the Manhattan half also... I am signed up but to be honest I am balking at the cold (I know, I know...  suck it up buttercup etc.)

I've got a 4-mile outdoor run tonight to remind myself that I won't die if I run for in this weather, I'll see how I feel about it after that.

Kristin- Sorry about the ITBS!  Hope it is better soon!

Good luck Amy, George, and Scotty!

Docket_Rocket

I have the ING Miami Marathon.

Good luck to all.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

flarunner

I'm not racing until next month. Good racing to all those running races this weekend.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Thanks. Meghan I think you should get out there and run! I am actually sad that I can't run in this weather, I'm a weirdo but I actually like running in the cold. DO IT! You will be running and working up a sweat and won't turn into an ice cube! If I could physically run right now I would DEFINTIELY be out there running my race, no second thought about the cold! And I live in NYC too so it is the same temp haha

I may be doing (running? racing?  I don't even know yet) the Manhattan half also... I am signed up but to be honest I am balking at the cold (I know, I know...  suck it up buttercup etc.)

I've got a 4-mile outdoor run tonight to remind myself that I won't die if I run for in this weather, I'll see how I feel about it after that.

Kristin- Sorry about the ITBS!  Hope it is better soon!

Good luck Amy, George, and Scotty!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to