Beginners and Beyond

Any other crazies racing this weekend? (Read 87 times)

monkkey

I am running the Manhattan Half and then 7-9 more miles probably.  Not crazy at all, will probably be the warmest run of the week!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Not this weekend, but 2 weeks from tomorrow I will be. Nothing big, just the Hearts on Fire 5k. My first HM is in April and I can barely sit still, I am so excited. If all goes well this year (no injuries, no pregnancy), I will be adding 4 finisher's medals to my little rack. I only have two right now, but these two will always be the most important ones, the first  was at 13 weeks pregnant and the second one was 6 months post and if my avatar is showing up, that is where my little angel is holding and studying it.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Good luck everybody!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

happylily

GOOD LUCK, GOOD LUCK, GOOD LUCK! You guys all rock for getting out there, whatever the temps are!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

No more marathons

Icy roads and chilly temps for the aptly named Hot Chocolate 10K tomorrow morning.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I have a free half marathon at Brazos bend state park near Richmond, TX. Shooting for a pr. Man I hope it isn'follow hilly or hot.

Good luck fellow racers.

Tomas, you know why it's free, right?  Cuz it's in Brazos Bend State Park, and.....

....Cuz you might get eaten by Gators!

I ran in that park a few years ago...and here are a few fellows I met along the way....these are photos I took of them along one of the trails......

Definitely an inducement to run faster if they get too close to you!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt