Beginners and Beyond

Two days in a row I started the dailies dailies (Read 53 times)

delicate flower

What's the matter, runners?  Cat got your keyboard?

Well GOOD MORNING to you all!  Is everyone ready to attack this day with positive energy and a can-do attitude!?  Let's get this happy day started!

Got in 8.3 miles last night at a medium effort, which yesterday equated to a 7:58 pace.  Not sure how that happened especially after running hard Tuesday.  Whatevs.  Another 8 miles planned after work today.  Easy runs today and tomorrow heading into my LR Saturday.

Speak up.

<3

StepbyStep-SH

I could have slept another hour or two this morning, if only life didn't demand that I get up. I might be fully awake by the time I drop DS off at school and hit the rail-trail again. At least 6 miles, maybe 9.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

The word for the day in my part of the world is Thermantidote: Apparatus for cooling air.

Which I will need today in San Antonio as the temp will be 88 degrees for my after work run/walk.

Fortunately the humidity here is not like Damaris' Miami humidity.  Altho it will be 88 degrees, the humidity will only be 31 percent and the dewpoint will be only 51, so it should be rather pleasant in spite of what the thermometer reads.

Nice run for you, FLASH Phil!

Right there with you, Step.  I was so tempted to use some of my comp hours today and just stay home and sleep in a bit longer.  But I'm trying to save some hours for plans Gail and I have for next year, so it was up and in to work.  Well, those rail-trail miles should certainly wake you up fully!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

2 + strides on the schedule today.

yes... 2

happylily

Morning!

Ended up running 12 miles yesterday. 8 at steady state, 4 at recovery, 7:59 average. Today, maybe 4 or 5 miles in a park in Montreal this afternoon. Running outside in dog poopoo... urgh... 

Have a great Thursday!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Rocky and I got 4.2 miles in this morning, I am really wanting to run the hilly trails at Audubon tomorrow afternoon but the forecast is threatening foul weather so we'll just have to see. That would be another 3 miles and the weather forecast is also threatening awful scattered weather all Sunday so I just don't know how I am going to get my long run in as Saturday is going to be very busy with Dorian's birthday party.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  14 miles done.  Fortunately, my temps are not as bad as the other day.  And the dewpoint was in the 60s so it was like desert dry! 

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

What up doe!

I got 8 miles done this morning including a couple of really bizarre splits (7:19, 7:16) and I am unsure if I just got lost in Mitty-land or what but the increase in my easy pace continues to baffle the shit out of me coming out of winter training.

I have experienced increases in pace three times since I began running in 2011 (8:50 to 8:30, 8:30 to 8:15, 8:15 to 8:00), but having it drop into the 7:00's, and now apparently so deep into them is something I could have never imagined!

Oh well, I am running at an easy effort and the pace is what it is so we will just see where this takes me....

Today is pay-day so I will be spending money like it is going out of style until it is all gone so do not wait up for me! 

Zelanie

Up early to run two today, because I have conferences all day and all night.  But I have tomorrow off!

Lily- Hope your sister is recovering well!  Wasn't it you who told me that stepping in horse poo was good luck?  So maybe dog poo has similar properties. Smile

LRB- If the money is burning that much of a hole in your pocket, I could use some new shoes! 

Everyone else- hiya!

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning! Lots of meetings today. Easy 4 on the TM this morning.

- Andrew

Hip Redux

Three people down with the stomach bug at work.   LYSOL ALL THE THINGS!

Docket_Rocket

Don't get close to them!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

What's going on lately?  I've got two of my staff on the DL this week with that.

<3

Will run for scenery.

Nice gym workout last night.  1400 calories burned on the contraptions, including 4x 1/2 mi at 8:?? pace.  Running closer to 8:00 is a stretch, but mid 8's is pretty comfy.  Body feels great this morning !

Lily - hugs and healing to DS.  And have a nice poo-free run.

LRB - happy payday.  I hope we don't read about it in the papers...

Everyone else - happy running !

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Hip Redux

What's going on lately?  I've got two of my staff on the DL this week with that.

It's brutal - wicked contagious and nasty.   I literally just disinfected everything in the office with Clorox wipes.  Nothing was spared!