Beginners and Beyond

Terrific TUESDAILIES (Read 53 times)

Pinktastic

Good Morning and Happy Tuesday!!

I’m not sure that there’s enough coffee in Texas for me this morning, but I’m going to do the best I can to leave some for the rest of you – no guarantees though…..    ;-)

Flarunner – Another stellar morning run for you!  Great job!!  Have a Pinktacular day!!

DaveP – Enjoy your 6 at lunch!   Are you planning to run them outside even though winter is back for you?

LRB – Hope the coffee energizes you for your run this morning!!   The time change messes me up too…..

Dave2 – Have fun at the little league meeting tonight!   Do you coach a team?

Phil – You are making such great progress on your road to recovery!!   Hope the PT appointment goes well and that they give you the go ahead to start using the spin bike!

Ami – Sorry about the tough run this morning!!   Some days are like that…..    Importantly, you got out there and gave it a good shot.    The next time you have a great run, it will feel even more delightful in comparison to today’s, and hopefully that wonderful run is just around the corner for you!!

Scott – Enjoy your after work miles today!

Shari – So…..   What’s for breakfast today?   I’m hungry!!  Have a great time in strength class and I hope that today’s run is Pinksational!!

Bruce – Good luck with your run at the track tonight!   Sounds like a smart plan based on your weather.

Kristin – Sorry that your Garmin was giving you issues this morning!  I hope that it’s nothing serious!   How was the ITB strap this morning?

I managed 4.07 this morning.   It was a beautiful morning for a run - cool but not cold, clear sky, and peaceful solitude!!  I felt like I was running easier today than yesterday when I felt like I did a moderately hard effort, but, when I looked at my average pace after I finished, it was basically the same as yesterday - 9:45 / mile yesterday and 9:46 / mile today.   Oddly, neither of those paces are in a McMillan range for me.    Steady state pace range ends at 9:38 and easy pace range doesn't start til 9:51.   Does anyone else have a gap like that in their pace range start and end times?

Have a Pinksational Tuesday, friends!!    And, may your next run give you the courage to tackle new goals, the strength to know that you can overcome whatever obstacles you encounter, and the determination to be the BEST that you can be!!!

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Ball of Fury

Kristin:  +1 to setting it on lap pace and not current pace.

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

StepbyStep-SH

Kristin - I agree with Baboon on the Garmin settings. I always use lap pace as well, not the current pace.

Sarah - Breakfast? Mine was a banana, cottage cheese w/peaches, and a chocolate chip zucchini muffin, plus 2/3 of a pot of coffee. DS had some deli meat, yogurt, apples and a muffin. I'm waiting for him to ask for something more - at 6 years old and 50 lbs, he eats 2-3 x as much breakfast as me most days.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I don't know if it is lap pace or current pace but it usrd to work fine and I don't remember changing anything. I do know though that I did not go from 3:03 to 18:36 in between steps though.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Pink I wore it over my tights. It was slipping a lot but at least it didn't make me bleed

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Do you have it set to "current pace" or "current lap pace"?  In my experience, "current pace" can sort of be all over the map.  I keep my laps set to one mile and use current lap pace.  That gives a consistent reading.  

OK, dumb question but I am still a bit unclear on the the pace settings. I have the 210, pace options are Lap, Average & Current. How exactly are these defined? User manual is no help.

Dave

delicate flower

OK, dumb question but I am still a bit unclear on the the pace settings. I have the 210, pace options are Lap, Average & Current. How exactly are these defined? User manual is no help.

Lap - the pace of the current lap you are running, with 'Lap" being whatever distance you have it set for (quater mile, half mile, mile, etc)

Average - the average pace of the entire run

Current - the pace you are moving at that very moment

<3

Ball of Fury

Dave:  Current pace is what you are running right then, and it fluctuates a ton!  I found myself always trying to correct and it drove me nuts!  Lap pace is your pace for whatever you have your lap or interval set to.  For example, if you have auto-lap on, and have it set to one mile, it is your pace for that mile.  And average pace is just the average of the entire run.

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

flarunner, great job running six wet miles.

DaveP MI, enjoy your lunchtime six-miler.

Rick, wakey wakey!

Dave, have a refreshing easy run tonight.

Phil, great workout yesterday. Good luck with PT.

AmiK, 3:30 a.m.?!?!?

Scott, have a wonderful four-mile run after work.

Shari, enjoy the strength training and the run.

BruceD555, have a fantastic nine-miler with intervals

kristin10185, brava running in the rain. You are a better person than I.

Sarah, have fun doing whatever you do.

I did push-ups, weight-training for legs, and forty-five minutes on the elliptical machine. I'll have to do my upper body exercises and ab work tonight. This is what I get for awakening late:/

DCDan78

I’m back.  Again.  Busy couple of days or so.  Saturday we took the kids swimming.  We ended up spending 3.5 hours in the pool at the local YMCA.  Sunday I did a nine-mile run than we had our first parent and me ice skating lessons.  It would have been a bit easier had my DW or I actually known how to skate as well.  DS seemed to pick it up pretty well.  DD, who is two and a half may be skating better than me by the end as well.

In any event, yesterday I did 45 minutes on the stationary bike then, before going to bed last night decided to do 50 push-ups and crunches in sets of 10 (inspired by Basya I guess).  And today is 3 miles and some strength work.  Here’s hoping the rain goes away beforehand.

Flarunner – 6 miles is a nice way to start the day.

DaveP – have a good run a lunch

LRB – Hope the coffee helped.

Dave – Have fun at the little league meeting.  I’ve heard stories that some of those meetings can be worse than Presidential town halls.

Baboon – good luck with the PT appointment today.

AmiK – It still sounds like you a good workout even if you had to cut it short.  And glad you made the right decision on doing so.

Scott – Good luck with the 4 miles this evening.

Step – Have fun with the easy miles today.

Bruce – Nine miles of intervals sounds like a good workout.

Kristin – My garmin goes screwy every once in a while as well.  Are you doing the run in a city or in a pretty open area?

Pink – Nice 4 this morning.

Basya – sounds like you were pretty productive for waking up late!

OK thanks Baboon & Ami. Pretty much what I assumed, and I have been keeping it on Lap, with 1 mile laps. So the pace then resets with each new lap? Then I guess the same issue as Current Pace in the early part of that lap. But I agree Lap seems to be the best setting overall. Although there are certainly a lot of times when I want to see the average for the whole run, would be nice to be able to toggle the display. But I guess if I wanted to get fancy I should have bought a more expensive one. Actually I would pay any amount of money to get this one to connect to the computer consistently, but that is another story.

Dave

DaveP – Enjoy your 6 at lunch!   Are you planning to run them outside even though winter is back for you?

Oh I will still be outside, just whining. Needs to be deep snow or single digits to send me to the TM. Actually not too bad today, 36 at run time although 17 mph wind. If it was like this all winter long, there would be no complaining (well, less anyway).

Dave

delicate flower

OK thanks Baboon & Ami. Pretty much what I assumed, and I have been keeping it on Lap, with 1 mile laps. So the pace then resets with each new lap? Then I guess the same issue as Current Pace in the early part of that lap. But I agree Lap seems to be the best setting overall. Although there are certainly a lot of times when I want to see the average for the whole run, would be nice to be able to toggle the display. But I guess if I wanted to get fancy I should have bought a more expensive one. Actually I would pay any amount of money to get this one to connect to the computer consistently, but that is another story.

Sometimes if I'm curious mid-run what my pace is for the entire run, I'll just look at history on the watch.  You can view the history and it shows the current run even though it's still in progress.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  We are boarding and I am happy to be on vacation. Kitts are happy because my friend is staying at my house so they will be well taken care of.

SRD, most likely.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

The 910 allows several screens and I have one with average HR and average pace for the whole run.  Nice to see it midrun.

Sometimes if I'm curious mid-run what my pace is for the entire run, I'll just look at history on the watch.  You can view the history and it shows the current run even though it's still in progress.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page