Beginners and Beyond

What's with all These Fridailies????!!!! (Read 52 times)

Update: still cold.

8 miles on the treadmill, with 3 at something tempoish (7:30).

Have a day, people!

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Morning. Pilates in a few minutes then pack and go.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Good morning and all that malarkey!  I've got 45 minutes of easy running on the marathon training schedule today.  Don't know if it'll be TM or road.  It depends on what the snow situation is after work.

Here is the profile on my run last night.  This is pretty indicative of what my runs are like when I run from my front door.  I've been doing these runs for my easy runs, and hitting the flat roads for my harder tempo sessions.  I am hoping these hill runs (3-4 times a week) will better prepare me for my super hilly HM on Feb 28.  Last year I spent all winter running flat TM miles and BOMBED that race.    Cool story, bro?

<3

LRB

'Sup!

I did 6 on the belt.  Not sure what I am doing tomorrow as the morning temps will be in the single digits and my treadmill is at work. I normally would run in it but being right smack in the middle of my off season cutback there really is no need to.

It might be a good day to cross-train, we will see.

Zelanie

Hey guys.  10 planed for after work.

Good morning, dailies!

DaveP - but at least not cold on the TM

D - have fun

Baboon - incline?

Rick - there is something to be said for rest

The heat in my room is broken again after maintenance fixed it last night . On the positive side, my rental car was supposed to be a Nissan Versa or some such toy, and instead a red Dodge Avenger was waiting.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Probably a rest day today.   39 degrees and a cold rain.  Temp is supposed to drop, drop, drop even more this weekend, and we will get freezing rain through most of Saturday.  I may just hibernate for the weekend.

Well, I got one of those 'soft collar' things for Sinatra, my Siamese cat,  and replaced 'the cone' with that.  Sinatra was quite happier with it and could eat and drink better in it.  But the silly cat also figured out how to get out of it too.....so it was back to 'the cone' for him.  He was NOT happy about that...but the silly cat should've left the soft cone alone....love this cat, but sometimes he can drive me crazy.  I guess that's part of what a cat's job is though, right?  

Oh yeah....in the food department., today is National Apricot Day.  Apricots....blech!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies.

Baboon: Hills are no fun but they pay off on race day. Every single one of my runs from home has hills. I always assumed CT was relatively flat.

Still warm here but they say it is cooling off to 68 today.  There is even a slight chance of rain!  10 miles done last night at an 8:20 pace. SRD today and it's good.  Tomorrow I have 5 miles recovery and on Sunday it's 13 miles with 9 @ GMP.  Hopefully I will have some time to watch the football playoffs.

Have a good weekend.

B-Plus

8 later

delicate flower

Baboon: Hills are no fun but they pay off on race day. Every single one of my runs from home has hills. I always assumed CT was relatively flat.

All hills where I am, with the exception of the flat rail trail.  My hills are nothing though compared to Oski's neck of the woods.

<3

All hills where I am, with the exception of the flat rail trail.  My hills are nothing though compared to Oski's neck of the woods.

Oh yes there are hills in CT. I think where I go when I visit is in Oski's area? The hills are awful there. At least for a true flatlander like me.

I ended up figuring out the flattest route near my hotel is to do loops around the mall parking lot (1.3 miles/lap).

Dave

Docket_Rocket

My husband interviewed in CT a few years ago and that's the first thing he mentioned. It's hilly!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Oh yes there are hills in CT.  

Next time run in it in reverse. 

Hip Redux

CT is quite bumpy.   You were closer to me than to Baboon's part of the state.    There is literally no flat route from my house, just hilly or hillier. lol  A short drive away is a rail trail, that is a false flat - you think you are flying on the way down but then on the way up, you feel like someone tied cement to your feet.

Oh yes there are hills in CT. I think where I go when I visit is in Oski's area? The hills are awful there. At least for a true flatlander like me.

I ended up figuring out the flattest route near my hotel is to do loops around the mall parking lot (1.3 miles/lap).

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

The hills in CT were quite a shock when I moved there many years ago from central IL, but they are great training for Boston. I barely noticed the Newton Hills after training for 8 months near UConn. Read about the Nipmuck Marathon if you want to get an idea of what I trained on. I ran many of those trails daily.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.