Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES Are Wondering, What's That? (Read 228 times)

LRB

Cool WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREADCool 

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners (from injury, to running, to RA). We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay awhile (not literally!) And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

LRB

It's the money you could be saving by switching to Geico.  Bawahahahaha!

@runjerseygirl

Now I have that song stuck in my head.  "Sometimes I feel like somebody's watching me." LOL!

Coffee love for my RA peeps.  Y'all are some of the best friends a girl could ask for.

Barefoot bootcamp really kicked my ass yesterday.  I put sugar in my coffee for the first time in YEARS because my Splenda was empty and I couldn't bear the thought of braving the basement steps to go get more.  My ass is just way too sore.

Yoga for lunch.  Om nom nom!

Do you even run?

Just B.S.

Morning, gotta get going to the pool! Then 7 miles later today!

Have a good one folks!

Nevrgivup

Good morning.  I had another great swim session last night.  Pretty proud that I made it across the pool and back with the correct breathing technique.  I'm going to be joining the Y since I'll be using the pool at least 2 days a week. Today I've got 5 and change planned for later. Yes. Bring on the coffee.

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

flarunner

Morning All Y'all!

Did 8 miles this morning underneath clear skies and 64* temps. Bee-yoo-ti-ful day for a run!

Kay, I laughed at you, out loud. Smile

Have a great day everybody!

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning! Mile repeats after work. They'll be on the TM since we have wintry mix right now. Thinking 6 miles with 3 repeats. McMillan says to do them around 8:50 pace so I'll see how that goes.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I ran 3 last night but today I won't be able to.  We're off tonight to watch Cirque du Soleil's Totem show.  Yay.

LRB, I loved those ads more than I did the gecko ones.  Now where is the coffee?

Kay, oh, there is the coffee.  Thanks!

Beth, enjoy the pool and 7 miles.

Hilary, glad to see you're doing some workouts and runs.  I wish I can swim properly.  ALthough my husband is hoping I don't catch up on the tri vibe.

flarunner, was that weather comment for me?  I hate you!!!!!!!!  Nice run. Joking

April, enjoy your repeats.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Good Morning, Rich, Kay, Beth, NGU,  Fla, April, & D! Morning, dailies!

Coffee - it's not just for breakfast!

Depending on the weather, and how I feel, I'm inclined to do my longer run today. 8-10 miles, depending on how I feel.

Looks like we may get a short break in the rains before the enxt wave comes in tonight and tomorrow. My gauge is showing 4.66 inches since I reset it Sunday afternoon. There is some local flooding in areas near some of the creeks in the area, but its OK up here on the hill!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

runmomto3boys

LRB: Good morning!

Kay: Good morning!  Barefoot bootcamp???  I missed your post about that.  I have to go back and read about it!

Flarunner: 8 in already? Fantastic!

Beth: I hope the pool work and 7 miles go well!  Lots of working out for you today!

Damaris: Enjoy the show tonight!  What a fun night!

Tom: Holy rain!  You guys have gotten hammered.

Early bird gets the worm, I guess. Up at 5. Strong Stride DVD already done. Running? Up in the air. DH has a deposition that might end early and, if so, I'll be able to get my 15 in tonight, or the depo might run late and then I will have to get in whatever mileage the time allows.  I did a pretty darn fast tempo run last night and I'm pretty sure that my legs are going to be trashed today, so a shortened run wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I already swotched to Geico, and saved a ton of money (legit) ap that stack is in my wallet already! Hopefully not still watching me...

I am taking one more total rest day before going back to foam rolling and crosstraining. I guess I am still in the "acute" phase again because the knee still kills.In fact, the entire IT band hurts still. That run on Saturday muat have caused a ton of inflammation. Ice, and advil arw my friends. I looked up the orthopedic doctor that I ended up making an appointment witg and he got great reviews and is a dual specialty in orthopedics and sports medicine, so he may be a good choice.

Have a great day!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

YAYpril - B-Plus

Kristin, have you tried a sports massage? When my right ITB was being a pain I had my masseuse work on it. It was 20 of the most painful minutes of my life but it helped tremendously.

happylily

8 last night and 8 tonight. I banged my left shin pretty hard last night on the door of the dish washer which had been left open and I cut my left little finger open on the edge of our old ceramic tiled counter, all because I was carrying plates and I couldn't see in the dark, after my SO had turned the lights off in the kitchen while we ate in the living-room (bad habit of ours). He is obsessive about saving electricity. I yelled at him and he quickly reminded me that I was the one who left the dish washer door open. We're all good now. I'll survive. Big grin

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

After all these years I decided I should peek in here and find out what's so special about the dailies. Hi! <waves>.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

happylily

After all these years I decided I should peek in here and find out what's so special about the dailies. Hi! <waves>.

George! Good morning! Have some coffee with us and stick around! Smile

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010