Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES: Who needs one of these? (Read 44 times)

LRB

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.

LRB

StepbyStep-SH

And I thought my TUESday was off to a rough start.

I was about post "Don't make me start this TUESdailies," but I'll let you have the honors, LRB.

Morning, all. Today was a failed run. I intended to run 2 miles easy, 2x2miles at HMP w/5 min recovery, 2 miles easy. What actually happened was 2 miles very slowly, about 1.3 miles slightly faster (though still not even close to MP) until I passed my house, and I quit. Back to bed. Blah. Nothing is hurt, just no energy in my legs or overall. I think I will also skip my strength training class, try to get more sleep tonight, and try again tomorrow.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

That's what I did to the track today, oh yeah!

LRB

And I thought my TUESday was off to a rough start.

I was about post "Don't make my start this TUESdailies," but I'll let you have the honors, LRB.

Morning, all. Today was a failed run. I intended to run 2 miles easy, 2x2miles at HMP w/5 min recovery, 2 miles easy. What actually happened was 2 miles very slowly, about 1.3 miles slightly faster (though still not even close to MP) until I passed my house, and I quit. Back to bed. Blah. Nothing is hurt, just no energy in my legs or overall. I think I will also skip my strength training class, try to get more sleep tonight, and try again tomorrow.

Thanks for pointing that out lol!

StepbyStep-SH

That's what I did to the track today, oh yeah!

Glad you had a good run!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Hip Redux

What up broads and gents?

I did a mile walk/run yesterday.   Groin was tight and not terribly happy, but nothing got worse after.  Stretched and rolled.  Went back and forth about making an appt with the doctor.  Are you tired of hearing about my crotch yet?  Alrighty then.

I have a phone interview after lunch.   Not sure if the position is right for me but it's something.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 5 X 400m today.  Hoping I don't burn like last night with its horrible weather.

LRB, I need a kick in the ass too.

Shari, sorry about your legs not cooperating today.

Oski, good luck with the interview.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

WHATCHA GOT THERE, NACHO STEVENS!

I have runs to report:

Last night:  8 miles at 8:50 pace.  Not a good run, but a great run.  It was unexpected.  Kind of a tempo/hill workout sort of thing.  That was the fastest I ever ran that route, and on an 85 degree day too.  I am very surprised I ran it so well and kept a decent pace on the uphills.  Good stuff.

This morning:  8 easy treadmill miles at 8:50 pace.  Funny how much easier the same pace and distance is on the treadmill compared to the hilly run last night.  My avg heart rate this morning was 135.

My goodness the rain this morning.  Yowsers.  PT appointment after work. 

<3

Pinktastic

Good Morning, Friends!!

As I was driving to work this morning, I kept thinking that today was Monday.   Imagine my pleasant surprise when I realized that it’s actually Tuesday!  Woo Hoo!!

LRB – Thanks for starting us off this morning!!  Nice job killing it on the track!!

Shari – Sorry that the run went badly.  Some days are like that.   Hopefully, tomorrow’s run will be Pink-mazing!!

Oski – Hooray for the run/walk that didn’t aggravate your injury!   Good luck with your interview later!!  Even if the job isn’t right for you, it never hurts to practice those interview skills so that when the perfect job comes along, you completely shine in the interview and land the job!

Damaris – Good luck with your 5x400s today!   I’m sure you can nail them!!

Phil – Pinksational run last night on the hills!!   Way to go getting another run in early this morning!   Does it feel like a double when you do that?   It does for me, and it doesn’t usually bode well for that 2nd run, but then again, I don’t have your innate talent…..

I mentioned yesterday that my tendon was grumpy and I thought it was from running outside when I’d been on a TM for every run for the previous 2 weeks.   Well, I went to PT yesterday, and it wasn’t my tendon at all.   The problem was that my cuboid bone in my foot was sitting all catty-whompus instead of lying flat like it was supposed to.   Fortunately, the therapist was able to pop it back into alignment and it felt a little sore but mostly better!   Insert dancing banana here.    Today it feels more like a bruise, but it’s still overall better.

Last night as I was unsuccessfully trying to go to sleep, I got it in my head to try a few intervals during my run this morning.   I programmed my phone app for 3 minutes at 10:15, 3 minutes recovery x 4 sets.   The 10:15 time target was arbitrary as I had no idea if I could hit that this soon after injury and in the heat / humidity we have.   I figured that if I couldn’t get 10:15, then I would just do what I could in each interval.    When I got up this morning, I thought the intervals idea was STU-PID.   But, I tried them anyway.   :-)    The first 2 were too fast – 9:35 and 10:00, I blew up in the 3rd (10:48) but recovered enough to hit 10:09 in the 4th.   Clearly I have a lot of work to do on these interval thingies.    Today’s total was 3.26 in 36:29.

Happy Tuesday!!    And, may your next run leave you feeling on top of the world!!!

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Good morning, people.

Rick, thank you for starting today's thread. I could use one of those, but a tad swifter, please. I'm dragging.

Shari, you were off your derrière for a good hunk of time. It's not all bad:/

Oski, I'm happy that the run/walk went OK. Why not make the appointment? What do you have to lose? Good luck with the interview!

Damaris, enjoy the intervals.

Phil, excellent easy eight this morning.

Sarah, I'm happy that you were able to run.

I've done push-ups and ab work. I'll do speed work (2xten-to-twelve minutes at T pace with two minute rests) at the gym after work. Maybe I'll make it a hybrid T-pace/progression run. I feel like crawling back into bed. I'm listening to Slayer and Pantera. I want to sleep.

delicate flower

Phil – Pinksational run last night on the hills!!   Way to go getting another run in early this morning!   Does it feel like a double when you do that?   It does for me, and it doesn’t usually bode well for that 2nd run, but then again, I don’t have your innate talent….. 

I feel ok as long as I keep one of the runs easy.  My original plan was to run easy last night and do a speed session this morning, but I felt good early into the run yesterday and made a quick decision to swap the workouts since it's not every day I feel uppity on the hills.  It took me about a mile to loosen up this morning but felt fine once I got warmed up.

Great to see you running again, Sarah! 

<3

B-Plus

There appears to be a few interval workouts going on today. I did one myself.

5 x 1k @ 5k pace w/ 400m recoveries:  3:51, 3:45, 3:47, 3:46, 3:44

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning dailies.

Step, hopefully you get some life back in your legs. I know that I've had that problem after some tough training and I needed rest.

Everyone, good running.

7 Easy miles this morning. I decided to run through one of our local universities (hint: current FCS Division I football champ, back-to-back titles). I was a nice change of pace. I really like the freedom that the Garmin has brought me. The weather was surprisingly cool this morning at 52 degrees. Whoa. I definitely got my summer skin and it seemed a bit chilly at the start. It's really nice to run in though.

Have a great day everyone.

- Andrew

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Weight training after work yesterday.  Whew!  A 3-week layoff from that can sure get you!  My legs did fairly well - guess all the running helps keep them fairly strong - but wow, I could tell the difference in my upper body work.  I did not want to push it so just used light weights on the machines and did one set of 20 reps on each machine.  Got to build back up to where I was before I got lazy!

This morning I was up at 4:45 and off to the Y.   Did a hill run in the area around the Y,  - 4 hills of varying size - ending up with 3.4 miles.  The longest hill was the Zoo Hill, right across from the entrance of the San Antonio Zoo, goes up for about 1/2 mile, and I KILLED that hill, got up it in good order, nonstop.  Very nice outing, but also very sweaty as the temp even that early in the morning was already 78 degrees, 83% humidity, and dewpoint of 74.  Even so, glad I got my run in this morning because here in San Antonio we are predicted to hit 100 degrees actual temp, as our high for the next FIVE days in a row. Shocked  Looks like I will be doing morning runs till the end of summer!

Happy Tuesday!  Bizarre Holidays for today,  July 23, are:  “Gorgeous Grandma Day” and “Hot Enough For Ya?” Day.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt