Beginners and Beyond

Rolling Thunder TuesDAILIES (Read 41 times)

LRB

From about 2 to 3:30 am, it was wicked. If You slept through that shit, you must have been in a pharmaceutical induced coma!

Whatever that was it's heading east, so for all my peeps to the right of the big mitten, batten the hatches.

Cyberic

I might try some running today. Or not. Run indoors?  That would be a great way not tu push it if the butt starts hurting. When I'm far away, it makes the decision of stopping to run even harder since I then have to walk home.

From the Internet.

Morning! 6 easy miles done. Man, I remember when 6 miles was my long run - now I'm heading into MRT and it's my shortest run planned for the week!

Half Crazy K 2.0

Morning all,

Lower body weights after work. I'm to the right of the mitten, storms are expected to arrive here between 4pm and 8pm, so good day to not run. And pre-storm, it's supposed to be the hottest day (and humid) of the year. Beautiful.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Training starts now. I have 11

miles tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

From about 2 to 3:30 am, it was wicked. If You slept through that shit, you must have been in a pharmaceutical induced coma!

Whatever that was it's heading east, so for all my peeps to the right of the big mitten, batten the hatches.

We're supposed to get hit with that stuff this morning.  "They" say it's going to taper off before it hits us and won't be that bad, but the late afternoon/early evening crap that we are in store for is going to be wicked.  It's going to be an interesting weather day.  Weird...the weatherfolk are saying the sunnier it is today, the worse the evening storms are going to be.

Speaking of which, I was supposed to make my glorious debut in TRIATHLON tonight.  Pretty good chance the aforementioned weather will cause that to be delayed a week, in which case I'll be doing a treadmill run.

<3

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Run/walk after work at Fort Sam Houston. Gail's car is getting some work done so I'm picking her up after work and she will do a swim workout while I go do my thing.  The rain today is SUPPOSED to start clearing out but right now - about 7:30 am. Texas time - the San Antonio skies are dark and it's still raining off-and-on; just some light sprinkles right now, but still, with all the rain we've had since our Memorial Day flooding, we really don't need any more moisture around for a bit; needs to dry up for a week or so and let those poor folks that got flooded  get the rest of their clean-up done.

Today is June 23 and it is National Pink Day, "Let It Go" Day; and Runner Selfie Day!  Post your selfies!

Unfortunately, these runners didn't have time to take a selfie....

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

So that is what all that strong wind was..... your "wicked stuff" didn't quite reach me but some 14 mp winds did, which isn't weird except there wasn't any clouds other than to the North of us.

I ran 5.3 sweaty miles this morning then headed to the gym for Back Day.

Cable Chest Pulls: 40lbsX15reps, 50lbsX12reps, 40lbsX15reps, 50lbsX12reps, 40lbsX15reps, 50lbsX12reps
                  V-Bar Pull Down: 70lbsX8reps, 60lbsX12reps, 70lbsX8reps, 60lbsX12reps, 70lbsX8reps, 60lbsX12reps
                  One Arm Dumbbell Row: 40lbsX12reps, 45lbsX8reps, 40lbsX12reps, 45lbsX8reps, 40lbsX12reps, 45lbsX10reps
                  Machine Lat Pull Down: 110lbsX10reps, 115lbsX8reps, 110lbsX10reps, 115lbsX8reps, 110lbsX10reps, 115lbsX8reps
                  Seated Cable Row: 6 sets / 12 reps / 70 lbs

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

cjones1

We got all that crap on Friday night.  Remnants of TS Bill I guess.

I ran 4.5m this morning. On a whim, I ran the last mile at my 5k pace.  I am pretty sure I am not in 5k PR shape.  I think I could get close, but not there.  I feel like if I could run a few decent 5ks in the summer, I could really hammer it in the fall when the weather cooperates.  We'll see...

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

TRIATHLON ... treadmill run.

Pretty much the same workout anyway, right? Good luck either way.

9 miles with 3 x 1600. Splits: 6:48, 6:36, 6:31. According to Garmin, the last one was my fastest mile since I've owned the thing (~3 months). So that's something.

Dave

onemile

9 miles with 3 x 1600. Splits: 6:48, 6:36, 6:31. According to Garmin, the last one was my fastest mile since I've owned the thing (~3 months). So that's something.

Nice job! So much for keeping up with you! Smile

cjones1

Pretty much the same workout anyway, right? Good luck either way.

Nice run!  I've bailed on this exact workout twice before even starting it, so that's something, too. Smile  How much rest/recovery do you take between each 1600?

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

LRB

Nice job! So much for keeping up with you! Smile

+1

<------------- has been. lol

When there is a 1000' tv antenna  lightning rod in your backyard, the thunder rocks more than rolls .

10ish with some tempo is the plan for tonight.

happylily

Tempo run tonight for me. 9 or 10, can't remember exactly.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010