Beginners and Beyond

RR--Busch Gardens Christmas Town 8K Dash--Pix! (Read 238 times)

TooStupidToStop

Rach^

Overall Information:

There were 264 finishers in the Female 30 to 34 age group and 2620 finishers in the 8K Run/Walk division.

Overall finish place was  1972, age group finish place was 187 and gender finish place was 1109.  Time of 1:02:12 gave you a 12:31 min/mile pace.

When we showed up this morning, it was a "warm" 37°. By the time race started, it was 46°.

We all dressed up for the Christmas festive occasion.

From left to right, my friend April (penguin), Chick-Fil-A Cow, Racheal (Me) (reindeer), Chick-Fil-A-Cow, and my husband (Pimp Santa).

We all ran together through the whole race. We did a walk/run; ran for 0.75 miles and walked for 0.25.

Course Description:  Hilly

This was my first race since my knee injury (bursitis) in February (was released in the middle of November from physical therapy). We took it slow and easy and kept to the plan. There weren't many mile markers, but that didn't matter because I had my Garmin on to keep me from overdoing it. Throughout the whole race we were telling each other jokes and keeping the humor rolling. There were quite a few hills, but we took them one at a time. If I felt they were too steep, I walked up the hill and then continued the run/walk plan.  

We ran through the different countries of Busch Gardens. When we got to Ireland, I jumped up, clicked my heels to the side and all three of us skipped through Ireland. We got some weird looks, but it was all worth it!

We all finished about the same time (DH finished 1 second before my friend and me) and got this cool medal:

Splits:

Mile 1:  12:10

Mile 2:  12:39

Mile 3:  12:11

Mile 4:  12:22

Overall it was a good race and it was fun. It was a good first race back from my knee injury and would love to do it again.

Sloooow.

Congrats on the good race Smile Very cool medal too!

Pinktastic

Congrats!  That sounds like a fun way to get back to racing after an injury!  Love the pics!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

SheCan

I love your name, your costumes and your friends!  It just looks like you had so much fun that day.  Congratulations for getting back to running and for this race.  That metal is awesome!   

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Jess runs for bacon

I love the costumes (LOL Pimp Santa), and I love the medal!

runmomto3boys

Bwahahaha - what an awesome RR!  I love the pic and all your costumes, especially Pimp Santa.  Sweet!  I'm glad your knee healed up and that you were able to run without any trouble!  Yay for being injury-free!  Congrats on the race!

Supersono99

What a cool medal! I wish our BG had this race, or if they did I missed any advertisements!

Congrats and great photos. 

TooStupidToStop

Rach^

What a cool medal! I wish our BG had this race, or if they did I missed any advertisements!

Congrats and great photos. 

Only BG Williamsburg has the Christmas Town Dash. Shocked I had to look it up. Sorry. Maybe they'll start doing it in Tampa soon.

Zelanie

Cute costumes!  Looks like a lot of fun!

Misty

How fun, and what a cool medal! Congrats for being back out running- good luck with your continued recovery.

Misty

Bless your heart.

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Must feel great to be back in the saddle! Nice RR and Bling! Shout out to the Chick-Fil-A cows!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

LRB

What a long road back it's been for you!  Congrats on a successful race with a cool theme! 

Those Chick-fil-a cow commercials crack me the hell up!

Tweaky63

I AM running!!!

Good job! Glad you're better and that you had fun too!

The mircle isn't that I finished. The mircle is that I had the courage to start.

~ John Bingham

Mmmmm...beer

That's an awesome medal!  Some folks at the Jingle Bell 5k yesterday were talking about this race and planning to do it.

I love BG, we have season passes, but I wouldn't want to run the hills there. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

TooStupidToStop

Rach^

That's an awesome medal!  Some folks at the Jingle Bell 5k yesterday were talking about this race and planning to do it.

I love BG, we have season passes, but I wouldn't want to run the hills there. Smile

BG hills were a challenge, but the challenge was accepted! I was actually surprised at my finish time (considering the hills). It was a really fun race and it was actually nice running through BG, even with the hills. I would suggest anyone to run (or run/walk) it.