Beginners and Beyond

Warning re: Runfoolery / aka James Park or JHPark on RW (Read 1058 times)

Nevrgivup

Thanks for removing him, LRB. I think that that could be why thui decided not to join the RA group. Not sure 100%, just a hunch I have.

Beth, that is scary stuff you went through. I get you with the Facebook thing too. And thank you for specifying about mucknort last night. I can attest that there was nothing creepy about his messages. I wouldn't want him to get a bad rep here.

Lily -I messaged her on this and she basically said she was staying away for other reasons. She wants to stay over in RW to help the noobies out. This was my instant thought. He did send her creepy messages too.

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

mucknort

He has been removed from this group.

Excellent news, LRB!

I'm a part time Massage Therapist and was a moderator for a number of years on a Bodywork Forum. We'd get all kinds of weirdos like Runfoolery. As soon as someone like that was reported (especially if the behavior was mentioned by another member), they'd be dealt with/banned. That is one of the huge weaknesses over at RWOL, an Admin/Mod team that is way overworked/understaffed/uncaring/what-have-you and a lot of crap like that is ignored. This site seems to having a caring Admin. and allows active users to be Mods, like the board I worked on. 

So I'll say if anyone, male or female, feels harrased in any way (especially via PM's where the public can't see it), they should speak up/send copies of offensive PMs to Admin/Mods. Good to know that Damaris and LRB are our Mods here. 

Good for you to speak up Heidi, et al.

Muck

StepbyStep-SH

Thank you for speaking out and letting us know, Heidi. No one deserves to deal with crap like that making them feel uncomfortable or afraid.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

runmomto3boys

Glad you posted this to be public. I am also one who received several messages and a friend request from him. I knew better to not accept. There is nothing wrong with some innocent flirting, but his stuff was creepy.

Amen.

I agree, Beth and Lily, that the Mucknort thing and this situation couldn't be more different: not even in the same ballpark.

Buelligan

I think that that could be why thui decided not to join the RA group. Not sure 100%, just a hunch I have.

I hope not.  I read where she was taking a break from RW, I hope it wasn't be cause she was creeped out by that guy.

I would certainly understand being uneasy about stuff like that.

Just B.S.

Wow, Beth, that is horrible.  Having said that, I think FB is even safer than posting here.  You control what is made public and private'; having said that, I always assume that whatever is online is public and only post what I don't mind sharing.

Now I'm heading back to work.  If you guys need anything PM me again.

Thanks D, it was unsettling to say the least.

Re F/B - You can control to a certain extent but I live in a relatively small place (population not even 100,000 for the

city and all the burbs) just too many people who know too many people and so forth and there is no way I could

be assured that a friend wouldn't post a photo with me in it  or talk about an event that I was going to be at and

mention my name or tag me etc etc....

Just too many variables to make me feel safe on F/B.

runmomto3boys

I hope not.  I read where she was taking a break from RW, I hope it wasn't be cause she was creeped out by that guy.

I would certainly understand being uneasy about stuff like that.

Thui/Tammy's decision not to be on RA has nothing to do with this creepiness.

Nevrgivup

No comparison with Muck. I received the PM via FB messaging. He knows me through the FB group. I've since set my messaging settings to only friends of mine. I didn't know there was this option.

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

Purple Toes

Wow, I'm sorry for you rmt3b and the others who have experienced that. And I understand you viewpoint about FB, Beth. Not that I have experienced what you went thru, but I have had my info (name, photos, etc) lifted off of FB only to turn up on some totally unrelated website that I had never heard of before. I decided the compromise would be that I don't use my real name for my FB page. Which reminds me, I sent a request to the RWOL BF page and you probably have no idea who I am, LOL. Oops!  And I have been known to go back and erase some photos/posts that I felt had too much info about myself.

Anyways, that's for speaking out on that!

mucknort

Amen.

I agree, Beth and Lily, that the Mucknort thing and this situation couldn't be more different: not even in the same ballpark.

Thanks for backing me up, folks. I was engaging in innocent fun last night and my heart sunk a beat when I first read Heidi's OP. The timing couldn't have been worse.Undecided

Docket_Rocket

No comparison with Muck. I received the PM via FB messaging. He knows me through the FB group. I've since set my messaging settings to only friends of mine. I didn't know there was this option.

FYI, he is no longer in the BF group either.

And remember to Report things like this.  We'll look at it.  But notwithstanding my thousands of posts a day, I don't know everything that is going on here. Big grin

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Wow, I'm sorry for you rmt3b and the others who have experienced that. And I understand you viewpoint about FB, Beth. Not that I have experienced what you went thru, but I have had my info (name, photos, etc) lifted off of FB only to turn up on some totally unrelated website that I had never heard of before. I decided the compromise would be that I don't use my real name for my FB page. Which reminds me, I sent a request to the RWOL BF page and you probably have no idea who I am, LOL. Oops!  And I have been known to go back and erase some photos/posts that I felt had too much info about myself.

Anyways, that's for speaking out on that!

Send me a PM if you did the request and Ill check.  I don't think I have a pending request except for one with a non-individual name.  Maybe that's you?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

xor

LRB is an admin of the group, not the owner.  All LRB can do is kick him out.  This is not the same thing as banning him.  Not the same thing as banning him.  Not the same thing as banning him.  One who is kicked out can rejoin. Only the owner can ban.

And banning him from the user group does not remove him from RA.  It removes him from the user group.

Kick out - user can self add.

Ban - user can not self add.

Eric has been PMed and is involved.  For stuff at the site level (which would prevent future PMs), that's The Man.

MrNamtor

i used to be completely paranoid about people on the internet. In the past I would never have put any personal information out not even where i live, and probably shouldn't now, even though i do.

But this is why my fb is completely private and i limit the number of friends i have.

Anyway, sorry to hear about all this, it really saddens me. So sorry that running mama and other had to go through this.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

LRB is an admin of the group, not the owner.  All LRB can do is kick him out.  This is not the same thing as banning him.  Not the same thing as banning him.  Not the same thing as banning him.  One who is kicked out can rejoin. Only the owner can ban.

I have the option to ban in a group that I am admin of, and not the owner of.

Running is dumb.