Beginners and Beyond

Warning re: Runfoolery / aka James Park or JHPark on RW (Read 1058 times)

xor

I just assume Damaris in an admin on every social media running website I post on.  Big grin 

But this is the thing and it isn't semantics.

Damaris is the OWNER.  In an RA user group, this implies more power than an ADMIN.  LRB (and docket before stealth passed ownership to her) is an admin.  Like a vice-principal.  The only person who can permanently expel is the owner/principal.  And The Man.

I also got a creepy message from him, a few months ago.  I responded in a similar manner to your first response, RMTB, and I don't think he responded back.  There is a difference between joke-y and creepy and women have creep radar.  James gave off a creep vibe.    

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

Just B.S.

LRB is an admin of the group, not the owner.  All LRB can do is kick him out.  This is not the same thing as banning him.  Not the same thing as banning him.  Not the same thing as banning him.  One who is kicked out can rejoin. Only the owner can ban.

SRL I love your signature line!LOL

At my son'suniversity there was some type of large tower structure on campus that was far taller

than any other building. It was  referred to as "Isengard" by the students.

Apparently being really old has it's benefits.......seems I'm the only RW female who didn't get a PM from the

creepy guy!LOL

Docket_Rocket

Then I'm old too because I didn't get one either.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Wow, sorry you had to go thru this, hope he didn't PM anyone while in the FB group or RWOL, reading all this I'm wondering if this isn't a first for him.

Just B.S.

Then I'm old too because I didn't get one either.

I'm pretty sure you are the same age or younger than others who rec'd messages.

He was just scared because he knew you would kick his ass!LOL

Misty

Beth- I didn't get one either! I wonder if should be more offended that I didn't get one than if I had....j/k!! 

Seriously, I'm sorry you ladies had to deal with a creeper. I'm glad the appropriate steps have been taken.

Misty

Bless your heart.

happylily

I'm pretty sure you are the same age or younger than others who rec'd messages.

He was just scared because he knew you would kick his ass!LOL

+1! :-)

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

MrNamtor

You know, I pm'd him last week to compliment him on a comment he made and he replied "thanks, but it would be nice if you were a hot chick".

I replied "Well, can i tell you a secret????"  Little did I know i was opening myself up to problems. Well, I didn't know what he was doing.

Just B.S.

Wow, sorry you had to go thru this, hope he didn't PM anyone while in the FB group or RWOL, reading all this I'm wondering if this isn't a first for him.

I would think it highly unlikely with that kind of activity level in contacting the women that this was his first time

engaging in this type of behaviour.

My brothers best friend is a local police officer and although he could not by law tell us any details about the

man who stalked me he told my brother that I should be very careful and this was not by far the first time

they had complaints of the same vein about that man.

mucknort

LRB is an admin of the group, not the owner.  All LRB can do is kick him out.  This is not the same thing as banning him.  Not the same thing as banning him.  Not the same thing as banning him.  One who is kicked out can rejoin. Only the owner can ban.

And banning him from the user group does not remove him from RA.  It removes him from the user group.

Kick out - user can self add.

Ban - user can not self add.

Eric has been PMed and is involved.  For stuff at the site level (which would prevent future PMs), that's The Man.

Well, even if Eric bans the offender, he could still try to rejoin using a different name/computer/network. Some of the banning abilities depends on the system Eric is using here. On the board I mod'd on, we used vbulletin, which had some pretty sophisticated ban protocols at the time. Technology changes, creeps don't. Simple lesson is: beware of creeps and report them.

Beth, so sorry to hear of your stalker story.

LRB

I can ban him and I did.

mucknort

I can ban him and I did.

YOU ROCK!

LKDave

Heidi (and the other runnerwomen too),

I am so sorry this happened to you. I just wanted to say that and also pipe in that I agree that you are the last person on earth I would guess to get involved in any sort of on board drama- so much so that I was shocked when I started reading this.

I hope it does not keep any of you from continuing to post and feel comfortable, including friendly bantery stuff and cute pictures.

tessasnewlife

I'm sorry you girls had to go through that. I had messaged with him a few times, but never really got a creepy vibe from him. But I also deal with really really creepy guys on a daily basis, and have learned to laugh off most of the creepiness. There was only one that I had to ask to be kept away from because it was just too creepy.