Beginners and Beyond

Just registered for all the rest of my races for 2014 (Read 40 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

12/13 at 8 a.m. - St. Jude's Children's' Ranch 5K.  This is an organization associated with St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital.

12/13 at 5 p.m. - Jingle Bell 5K for Arthritis.  Funds help to research finding a cure for arthritis.  This one is personal to me, since I have some major arthritis; luckily osteo, though, which is the milder type...but still a pain!

12/14 at 9 a.m. - Biggest Loser 5K at Six Flags Fiesta Texas.  I've never watched the show, but the course looks interesting.  For those that  do watch the show, I guess a couple of the show's stars will be there for people who want to meet them.

12/14 at 5 PM - Wounded Warrior "Wine and Dine" 5K.  Another personal one for me, as I am retired military.  Did this one last year.  Hilly course, but the reward is TABLES full of food post-race, plus beer, wine, oxygen bar, etc.   Nice!

12/20 at 8 a.m. - Comanche County Park 5-Miler.  Trail on on the 'greenways' paths of the San Antonio trail system's paved trails. This is one of the runs put on by my club - San Antonio RoadRunners.

12/20 at 5 PM - Madeline's Evening Run 5K.  Did this one last year.  Nice course through a very nice neighborhood..and then tons of goodies - yet again! LOVE Texas races!  - post race.

These last events will - if I manage to do them all, or they don't get canceled, postponed, etc - bring my total up to 76 races done for 2014 -  one more than my high of 75 races in 2013.   The average entry fee for a local race is about $25, so I figure I have spent probably near a couple grand on race entry fees over the year - even though I do get about 10 or 15 free entries from various RDs over the year for doing my reports of the event -  but it still adds up.   To me, it is money well-spent, I really enjoy myself at these events, it helps keep me sane (ok, somewhat sane), and it's cheaper than therapy, IMHO.   Also, I will be 61 in February,  so who knows how long my body will continue to let me do these?  So until that day comes, I am just gonna get in as much as I can and enjoy it all!  Gail is very appreciative too, it gets me out of the house a lot so she can concentrate on her personal business that she owns, without me bugging the crap outta her, lol.

Run On! 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Little Blue

What do you think you'll be doing at 6:00 PM on 12/14?  Sleeping?  Beer?  Traction??  That's an ambitious weekend!  Hopefully they're all close to home.

Scotty =

GinnyinPA

Sounds like a great weekend.  Good thing you don't run all out ;-)

No New Years Eve races?

Docket_Rocket

Holy moly!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Hell yeah Scotty!   Blow those races up!

B-Plus

Congrats Scotty!

Brilliant

WHAT? No races on 12/24 or 12/25? Wink

Congrats on your soon-to-be record for races run in a year!

hog4life

So will this break the record? You're an amazing dawg!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

What do you think you'll be doing at 6:00 PM on 12/14?  Sleeping?  Beer?  Traction??  That's an ambitious weekend!  Hopefully they're all close to home.

Scotty =

Yes, all pretty close to home, nice the way that worked out, I can nap a little at home between the events. 

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Sounds like a great weekend.  Good thing you don't run all out ;-)

No New Years Eve races?

No, unfortunately.  But there are THREE 5Ks on New Year's Day....one at midnite...one at 8 a.m....and one at 10 a.m.   Two years ago, a friend and I did all three of them to start off the New Year.   Last year they did not have the midnite 5K, but it was brought back this year by popular demand.  So we might do all 3 again to start off 2015.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

So will this break the record? You're an amazing dawg!

Yeah, break last year's record by 1 race.    As Ginny said, good thing I don't ever do them 'all-out" - and even if I did, I'd still be pretty darn slow, lol - just do my run/walk thing and take lots of photos. My running plan these days is "2F"  - Finish everything I start and Fun all the way! 

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

So will 2015 be your first 100?

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Little Blue

So will 2015 be your first 100?

This is Scottydawg's version of Ultra5K-ing.

delicate flower

You go, scotty!  Big grin

I am currently registered for ONE race, and here I was all excited about that.

<3

Awesome.  Just Awesome!

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot