Beginners and Beyond

Hey, TUESDAILIES, Get Crackin'! (Read 49 times)

Docket_Rocket

BTW, that is a floating picture but you cannot tell because I have a leg blocking the other.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Haha Damaris that is crazy....cross the finish lady!

Today: exhausted,feel like crap, overslept by an hour and a half and missed my run. I've done that several times in the past few weeks. This is why I often hate having to be a morning runner.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning! Another SRD for me. My calves are still really sore and stiff so today was Bring a Friend to Work Day (my Stick).

I think that may be a little more sad than funny....

I don't like any of the pics from my 5K but I thought this one was funny.  This lady not only tried to throw up at the finish line but stopped before crossing the mat and I entered before her.  She stopped to pause her Garmin.  She had not even finished!

Dave

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Good morning boys and girls.  One more day of no running for me today.  I could, but I don't need to Smile

Basya...thanks for starting us off!  Congrats on that monthly mileage total.

Sparker...Great news!  Slow and steady now.

DaveP...Not a fan of the warm weather runs, or do you just get too sweaty to go back to work?  I kinda love running in the heat.  Have a good 6.

DR...You have presents?  For me?  Have a good run/lift.  That journey to the motherland will be awesome.  Awesome picture.  Poor lady.

AmiK...So that seems like pretty good news, right?

Pink...Glad you'll have answers soon.  I hope the MRI wasn't too annoying.

Baboon...Hope the last day goes quickly.  Sorry about the tough workout.  You're right though, they just happen.

LRB...Way to get that track work in.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

LRB

I don't like any of the pics from my 5K but I thought this one was funny.  This lady not only tried to throw up at the finish line but stopped before crossing the mat and I entered before her.  She stopped to pause her Garmin.  She had not even finished!

Meanwhile, you are throwing up the Mammal two finger salute.  Now that is Bad Ass!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Kristin...Sorry about the sleep trouble.  Any way you can squeeze it in later, or do you not have time with your 17 jobs? Smile

April...Ha, bring a friend to work day comment was hilarious.  At least the stick is quiet.  Hope the calves feel better.

DaveP...I had that thought too....definitely a noob move.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

flarunner

Mornin' All!

So, lightning and thunder this morning at 0400. No, no, that's OK, I'll wait.

Went out a few hours later and OMGness! I think I'll take my chances with the lightning as opposed to all the cars and people! A woman came up right behind me and honked her horn when she was ~20 feet away. I gave her the universal "what the?" look as she drove past. Then she had to stop at the stop sign so I ran up alongside her car and shook my head and my finger and told her "that was unnecessary". She looked a little scared. I laughed a little.

I got 7 miles done, but man, I might have to re-think my policy of waiting out the storms. Roll eyes

Have a great day, peepo's!

AmiK - good news that it's not a stress fracture and hope you can get to healing quickly.

Pinkster -  hoping you get as good as if not better news than AmiK

LRB

So I realized about 600 meters into my tempo workout that I was not running the workout I programmed, fuck! 

In the past, I would have had to stop, gather myself, and would have been a disheveled mess.  Today though, I adjusted on the fly and did a totally different workout without missing a beat!

So instead of 3 X 12 minutes at tempo pace w/ 3 minute recoveries, I did this:

4 X 1600's @ tempo pace w/ 400 recoveries X 4

My mile splits were: 7:06, 6:55, 6:53, 6:53.  It actually got easier beginning with the third set.

It was not what I intended, but I am real happy with today's effort.  I will be running easy after work, as I am now at the point where I will be running doubles every Tuesday.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

LOL Damaris. That's a great picture.

I did an Easy 4 miler this morning on the TM. I got my stuff ready last night to hit the gym in the morning, but walking my dog this morning I noticed how warm it is. I guess it's habit. The midwest is supposed to get hit with some colder weather, including a 25F morning tomorrow in Fargo so I guess I'll continue using the gym. I don't mind the sportcenter in the morning. Smile

- Andrew

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

"Hey, TUESDAILIES, Get Crackin'!"

Gee, I think I'm already there......my butt needs fixin', it's got a crack in it....

Running after work today, around 5 PM. Temp will be a 'cool' 85 degrees.  Big grin  Luckily, the humidity will be only around 50% and the dewpoint will only be around 64.   Our "hot' weather is a bit cooler than what Damaris gets in Miami.   At least it probably feels like it anyway, with our lower humidity and dewpoints in the afternoons and evenings.

Congrats on starting to run again, Sparker!  Wish you all the best in your comeback!

Good luck with the lunchtime run, DaveP!  Yeah, those darn temps.  We've already been in the 90s for some days...I hate to see what our ACTUAL SUMMER temps are going to be like.  Will probably be running a lot more morning runs for this summer!

So I take it, Damaris, you are going to Puerto Rico?  Safe trip!  Funny photo!  You look great in it too!  Dang, 2 feet to go and the lady stopped?  WTH?

Glad you have no stress fracture, Ami!  Ugg, cortisone shots, been there, done that, not fun.  Glad you are able to still run.  Hope this round of PT/course of action will help you get back to 100%.

good luck with the MRIs, Sarah.  Yeah, the waiting for the results is the hardest.   I go to an Army hospital, since I am retired military, and the tests qo pretty quickly, it's the waiting around that seems to take forever.   Hey, walking is good too, so keep at it if that's all you can do for now. Every little bit helps.

So where are you going for vacation, Phil?  Sorry about the lack of energy, but maybe your body is telling you to rest a bit.  You really have been going at it  "gung ho!" so-to-speak, with your come-back fitness routines, from the descriptions I recall of your workouts.

Congrats on your crackin' track work, LRB!

Way to go on your 5 miles, Robert.  I agree with you, that is my case too. Especially since I don't have any speed, lol.  I want to just very GRADUALLY build up my distance again, so I can run a 10K comfortably, and then will keep that as my 'long run' as that is about all the "distance" my back can handle.  That 10K race I did about a week ago KILLED me, since I had not done 10K distance up to that point in about 5 months.  I was really SORE after that one, lol.  Mostly my own fault cuz I did not prepare properly for that 10K.  You'd think I'd know better after 30 years of running, lol.  But no, sometimes I just get stupid.  So now working on an easy and gradual buildup again, trying to be smart.

Glad your legs are feeling good, Bruce, after your excellent race for you.  Good luck with the training for Grandma's!

Hope you have a great run after work, Hobbit!

Wow, 150 mile month, congrats Basya!  That's about 3 months worth of running mileage for me, lol.

Sorry about the fatigue, Kristin.  Iron deficiency, maybe?  Or CFS (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome), which is a real condition that primarily does affect women.  If that fatigue/exhaustion keeps up, you might want to get checked to see if there is some underlying cause for it - aside from just lack of  sleep, etc - that might be easily fixed.

Hope your friend at work helps with the leg soreness April!

Enjoy your rest day, SIAR!

Glad you did not get crunched, flarunner!  Yeah, some drivers!  Congrats on getting your miles in, despite the craziness out there.

Congrats on your miles, Brrr.   Yeah, but if you don't get out for a warm run or two now, then how are you going to get acclimatized to run in the REALLY warm temps when true summer gets to your area?

Sorry about the sore legs, Oski.  It will get better, you'll see.   Getting in shape is certainly no miracle overnight thing - don't I wish, lol! - it takes time.  It's a whole lot easier to get out of shape than in it!  You'll get there, just keep at it.

Congrats on your workouts, scappodaqui.  Enjoy the rest day today!

Sore legs for you too, Jack?  Is there something going around the forum?  Joking

Nice photo, Beth, enjoy your ride-time with Jezebel!  When I first saw that photo, I thought initially that was Damaris, lol.  My old eyes playing tricks on me.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Hip Redux

Morning all!  My legs are fried from yesterday's bike ride so no lunch time run for me.   Holy fatigue Batman, am I out of shape. lol  And y'all will be happy to know the gorgefest has continued into this morning and I have demolished my breakfast and all my morning snacks and it's only 9am.

Basya - I slept in. Snooze alarm was frequented today!

Sparker - still happy you got 3 in last night!

DaveP - "Getting warm out" - careful, if you anger Mother Nature it may snow again in MI.

D - Sounds like an awesome trip to PR - how long will you stay?  And that picture is hilarious, WTF is she doing?

Ami - Yoinks, two cortisone shots.  Those things knock me on my ass for a few months - totally screws up my entire system.  I hope they do the trick and reduce some of that inflammation before PT.

Pink - good luck on the MRI!

Phil - happy almost vacation!  Bring me back something good.

LRB - Yo.

Robert - The more you increase your miles, the more the pace will continue to drop, I betcha!

Bruce -  Congrats on the easy recovery. Impressive!

HobbitLegs - good morning!!  Thanks for the donuts last night :P

Kristin - Sad  Sorry you aren't feeling well.

April -  I hope your Stick behaves at work. :P

SIAR - enjoy the rest day!

FLA - And here I thought cars were only rude to me when I was on my bike!  Geesh.

Brrrrrr -  Brrrrrr!  Literally.  25?  Eek.

scappodaqui

rather be sprinting

Damaris, that is a hilarious race pic.  Definitely a keeper.  Poor lady.

LRB, is it me or have you gotten a lot faster since I last saw you?  I don't think I could do that workout right now.

ANYWAY I was up at 4 am and got my Resting Metabolic Rate tested today (to see if I have recovered after overtraining).  RMR is always going to be a higher number than BMR, btw.  Anyway, it spit out 1420, which is normal, so YAY.  Whew.

I'm tired so I'm glad it's a rest day.

Soooo here is my mileage for the past month:

First week of April: 45 min pool run (+ 4 hours of biking and 2.5 hours lifting)

Second week: 10 miles running (+ 2 hours biking and 2.5 hours lifting)

Third week: 4 miles running due to sore plantar (+ 3 hours biking and 2.5 lifting)

Fourth week: 22+ miles running (!) (+ 40 min biking and 2.5 lifting)

Then yesterday I did 5 miles.  So today is a rest day.  Because I think I jumped back into running a little quickly, though the bright side is I am still pretty fast, so obviously low mileage doesn't kill my ability to hold a 6:35 pace or sprint decently.

PRs: 5k 19:25, mile 5:38, HM 1:30:56

Lifting PRs: bench press 125lb, back squat 205 lb, deadlift 245lb

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies...

I went out for a two mile jog last night and my legs are sore! I will likely go out again later for two or three more. Man, it hurt getting out of bed...

Just B.S.

Morning all. You all have been a chatty busy bunch this morning!

I'm in marathon taper and when in taper I run whatever the heck distance/pace I feel like. I'm a

rebel like that.Smile

This morning I feel like 7 slow miles.  And taking "Jezabelle" out for a ride later to meet hubby on

his bike commute home from work. She is very anxious to get on the road and needs more miles

on her before her first tri of the season in June. She has been getting neglected because of

marathon training and I'm feeling guilty.Wink