Beginners and Beyond

$^@#*&@#$ Monday Dailies! (Read 56 times)

Hip Redux

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.

Hip Redux

Is it Friday yet?

delicate flower

*rubs eyes*  'Mornin'.  Today will be a two coffee day for sure.  I couldn't be happier to back at work this morning because that means I can just SIT all day.  What a fun weekend though.  I ran a great HM Saturday (see report), and ran 10 miles with the MBC in the Berkshires yesterday (I was TIRED).  Then we hung around to watch our cousin compete in his first triathlon.

Kind of funny...as I'm sitting on the curb watching the racers finish, a friendly older gentleman sat next to me and just started talking to me about running.  Turns out he ran Boston eight times "back in the day" when he had to run 2:50 to qualify.  Then he started giving me training advice and told me I look like a good, strong, lean runner.  Big grin  Very entertaining conversation.   

No, it is not Friday yet.  It'd be nice if it was tho'.

<3

LRB

Word, I overslept like a mutha fucka!  Rushing off to work...

This is my first "daily". Roll eyes

I have class this morning, so I got up early to do my run -- 2.5 miles at 10:24/mile. This is my first Minnesota autumn as a runner, and realized I am seriously underprepared for running in cool/cold weather. Undecided

5K: 33:21 (2013)

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  9 miles tonight.  I got a call from my dad at 11:30pm last night that my grandmother had just passed away.  Joy.

Welcome Deneb.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hip Redux

I have class this morning, so I got up early to do my run -- 2.5 miles at 10:24/mile. This is my first Minnesota autumn as a runner, and realized I am seriously underprepared for running in cool/cold weather. Undecided

Welcome!  This just means you need to go shopping Big grin

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Welcome to the dailies, and north country running in the cooler months. Today was definitely a long-sleeved day, even though it was my tempo run.

Damaris, my condolences about your grandmother. My guess would be that she lived a very long life.

I did 7 miles at Tempo pace this morning. Overall I clocked in @ 8:04 average. Considering 2 of those miles were at Easy pace for the warmup/cooldown, I think I went a little fast. The upcoming weekend says "10k race" on the training schedule, so now I'm trying to clear it with DW. Every time I ask her she changes the topic - I don't know if she just doesn't want me to go for some reason, or if she's just getting offtopic that quickly. I do have a coworker running in the race I'd enter, who I haven't raced with since March, so it'd be fun to go.

Have a great day everyone!

- Andrew

StepbyStep-SH

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, Damaris.

Welcome, Deneb!

I'll hit the rail-trail after dropping DS off at school. Probably about 8 miles.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

delicate flower

Welcome to the dailies, Deneb!

DR, sorry to hear about your grandmother.  Sad

<3

Hip Redux

Morning!  9 miles tonight.  I got a call from my dad at 11:30pm last night that my grandmother had just passed away.  Joy.

Welcome Deneb.

I'm sorry Sad

Will run for scenery.

I'm enjoying the after-effects of a nice back-to-back weekend.  Feels just right.  Only thing missing is coffee.

My first-ever pair of tights arrives today.  We so need to have a cold snap RSN.

On saturday I cooked up the Chanterelle mushrooms I found. Yummers.  I never cooked with olive oil and butter together.  So amazing.  It's like each one has only half the calories, at the same time !

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

Welcome Deneb.

sorry to hear Sad

B-Plus

Welcome!

Welcome Deneb.

Sorry to hear, Docket Sad

I got my ass handed to me by the rain. 8 @ 7:55 w/ 8 strides

Zelanie

Good morning!  Today I work and then work, but then I get to run 6.

Deneb- Welcome!

jjs- I love chanterelles!  Haven't cooked them in a while since the rest of the family isn't impressed.