Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES: The Origin of Twitter (Read 55 times)

LRB

Cool  WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!   Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury  to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours.

LRB

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

haha funny LRB

So I'm sipping coffee and getting ready for my 5K. Excited and nervous! I have been pretty sick this week and have run very low mileage so we shall see how this goes. I feel about six billion times better today though than I have all week so here's to hoping!

Saw a really cool Broadway show last night with my parents called The Lucky Guy starring Tom Hanks, Maura Tierney, Courtney B. Vance, Christopher McDonald, Peter Gerety, Peter Scolari, Michael Gaston....so many amazing actors!!

Have a great day!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

B-Plus

What up LRB and kristin?

My body ain't working yet. Good luck Kristin!

BruceD555

Just a quick fly by this morning ... heading out the door for 10 with RPs. Should be a nice easy-paced run in 50 degree sunshine.

Train smart ... race smarter.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning!

Heading out in a little for my MS charity walk. I'm going to wear the shirt from my HM last weekend because why not? I'll fit in a run sometime this afternoon. I have a busy day.

Good luck, Kristin! And good luck, B+!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I'm off to run too. Dh is taking the pups to the pool so I can do my long run and didn't need to get up at 4 to do it. They moved Hammys appt to today instead of Sat. Since marathon is only 5 weeks away I'd rather not skip the long run today. Even though I don't need yet one more 20 something run Smile

Marjorie

delicate flower

Happy Vacation Day Five!  Vacation is wearing me out, man.  We have lunch reservations at Mexico in Epcot today.  Hooray Cinqo de Mayo!

<3

Good Sunday morning, everyone!

Rick, thank you for starting today's thread. And for making me chuckle so early in the day.

kristin10185, good luck!!!

B-Plus, wakey wakey!

AprilRunner, enjoy the walk. Have a pleasant run later.

Marjorie, enjoy your run.

Phil, have a pleasant lunch with DW.

I awoke about two and a half hours ago to eat three rice cakes with peanut butter, then returned to bed. I awoke ten minutes ago, drank my frappe, and did my daily dose of forty push-ups. I'll head out for my LR in about an hour.

StepbyStep-SH

Good morning, all! And good luck to the racers!

My pseudo-report from yesterday:

A long, but very good day.

After forecasts yesterday predicted cold rain, when I got up this morning, rain was mostly out of the forecast, and it actually ended up being perfect weather. My partner and I nailed the 2:15 pace group - we crossed in a gun time of 2:15:01, with chip times of 2:14:24, and had a great time doing it. It was fun to have so many people, who we really hadn't realized were just behind us, stop us after the finish to thank us for helping them get through, and there were a half-dozen who we knew were running with us that we sent on ahead to finish out strong the last mile in front of us.

After the race, we went to Mexican restaurant for lunch and margaritas, then watched our kids run in the 100-yard and 400-yard kids' races, with beautiful, unexpected sunshine and temps in the 60s or 70s. I caught up with other friends and their kids to hang out in the park for a while before DS and I stopped to have ice cream before heading home.

Very, very fun day!

Today: SRD, but maybe a walk this afternoon to loosen up a bit. Tomorrow will be my last long run (18 miles) before Fargo.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Ball of Fury

Happy Vacation Day Five!  Vacation is wearing me out, man.  We have lunch reservations at Mexico in Epcot today.  Hooray Cinqo de Mayo!

Phil:  Say hi to the La Cava de Tequila for me....my favorite place in "The World!"

Step:  Awesome job with the pacing!!

Kristin:  Good luck!!

Me:  Headed to the in-laws for lunch.  SRD, since I ran 3 days in a row...don't want to push the injury.  Oh, and I ended up 3rd AG and 15th female (out of 2,000 or so) once they added in all the runners who ran the 5K with a Mini bib.

Everyone else:  Have a great day and enjoy your runs!!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

outoftheblue

Good morning folks.  Cross training day for me -- elliptical and weights, although I might get in a recovery mile or two.

Step -- great job pacing!

Kristin --Good luck today with your 5K

Life is good.

workinprogress11

Good morning, all.  5 recovery miles for me and RP.  I paced him yesterday in the Indy Mini Marathon.  He didn't quite make his goal but we got close. It was my second HM in two weeks. I'll post an RR when I get home. Today we got to run 5 nice slow miles around Indy which is a city I'm getting to like more and more.

Have a great day, everyone!

Zelanie

Morning!  More walking today, maybe a hike.  I'll still be at about 25 MPW this week if you include walking, so not terrible I guess.

LRB- Funny!

B-Plus- Morning!

Bruce- Sounds like a nice run!

AprilRunner- Enjoy the charity walk!

Marjorie- Hooray for puppy pool!  And congrats on your training that it's just "yet another" 20 miler!

Phil- Sounds like you guys are having a blast!

Basya- Enjoy the 10 miler!

Step- Nice job pacing!  Sounds like you nailed it!

Ami- Congrats on the AG placement, and enjoy the RD!

OOTB- Good job getting the XT in!

workingprogress- Sounds like a great run!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Thanks for the luck....had a great race! 11 seconds too slow for a PR though BOO... 28:42. But considering allergies acting up during it, the week I had, and that I was running it as part of a 6 mile LR I'm thrilled with my time!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to