Beginners and Beyond

I Have a Booboo (Read 116 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

So I was excited yesterday morning when I got to run in shorts and even ended up taking my shirt off. I carry pepper spray and my knife with me on my runs, I clip my knife to my tights or capris but for some reason I can't do it to my shorts. I have my phone in the back zipper pocket which is just light enough, but add on the knife and my shorts start.... trying to go down so I clipped my knife to my blinky vest thingy and normally it's not an issue but since I had no shirt on, the back of the knife rubbed a spot on my side raw. Here are the pics!

I am showing you here the corner that rubbed the skin raw.

And here is my booboo Smile

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

What the effff???

That's crazy.

But crazier still....what do you plan to do to someone with that knife if/when you might have to use it??  

Randy

Something similar happened to me recently. I believe it happened during my half on Sunday (lots of rain), but I didn't notice the first spot until Monday evening and the second spot until Tuesday evening. It looks like I burned a circle on my chest with a curling iron (there must be a seam on my shirt) and like a small animal clawed at my leg (parallel lines which I assume are where my compression shorts stopped at various points during the race).

Skin can be surprisingly sensitive.

5k - 25:15 (11/18/12)

10k - 1:01:51 (2/14/15)

10mi - 1:33:18 (3/2/14)

HM - 2:06:12 (3/24/13)

Upcoming Races:

Benched until further notice. :/

Everything you need is already inside. [[Bill Bowerman]]

Mmmmm...beer

Owieee!

I received a very similar looking mark on my side from the cord on my headphones one time, it's weird how these things can happen and you don't even feel it until later.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Dang...glad you didn't put the knife in your jogbra!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lol, I've got my pepper spray always ready in my hand so not sure if I would ever have to use this but I wouldn't hesitate on shoving it right in someone's stomach. This thing is just a little over half an inch long, and I think it would have been better if I had put my knife in my sports bra, I used to do that but it would weigh my bra down and stretch it out, which is annoying. The blinky vest moves from side to side or front to back or whatever, so this thing just kept scraping my stomach/side.

Thankfully, it's not painful anymore when taking a bath or shower, I really like my baths damn it. 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

But crazier still....what do you plan to do to someone with that knife if/when you might have to use it??  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vW54lAtldI

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Unfortunately I can't carry my Dundee knife on my runs lol, it is a bit heavy and way to noticeable.

Some of my toys, the one I wear on my runs is at the bottom. I'd have more (I love knives) but DH won't let me buy more.

PRs

hog4life

In my younger days, we used to call a booboo like that a "strawberry". Do you have a Spibelt?

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I have a hydration belt, can't remember what it is called but I would clip it to there on my longs as I don't normally wear anything like that during runs 9 miles or less. But I got sick and tired of it always rising back up from my hips so I wear a hydration pack for long runs, but I do plan on going back to wearing the hydration belt this summer even during my runs of 4-6 miles and I'll have it clipped to that then.

In my younger days, we used to call a booboo like that a "strawberry". Do you have a Spibelt?

PRs

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

I usually carry my Kershaw Scallion, a little 2.5 or so inch blade spring-assist knife. Of course, my training runs are usually done in shorts that have some pockets and such. In races, I am pure minimalist. Races are pretty well populated, but my running route is often pretty lonely.

I carry it most everywhere, but I come from a time when a pocket knife was considered a tool, not a weapon.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

hog4life

I have a hydration belt, can't remember what it is called but I would clip it to there on my longs as I don't normally wear anything like that during runs 9 miles or less. But I got sick and tired of it always rising back up from my hips so I wear a hydration pack for long runs, but I do plan on going back to wearing the hydration belt this summer even during my runs of 4-6 miles and I'll have it clipped to that then.

You should look at the Spibelt, or equivalent,  it's much smaller and less cumbersome. I was reluctant about getting one at first, but now, wish I had it a long time ago. Your knife and spray would fit in it perfectly. Some of the things I will/can carry are cell phone, GU's, car key, Chapstick, toilet paper, ID.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I do have something like that.... actually it might be one but I've never worn it, most of my shorts and capris and tights have a pocket for stuff and I really like my hydration pack but it is more for runs over 2 hours and my hydration belt will definitely be needed for runs even less than 2 hours during the heat of summer. Smile

I don't take my knife or spray to races, honestly I don't see a point lol Smile

PRs

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I will try and never make you get mad at me....

Unfortunately I can't carry my Dundee knife on my runs lol, it is a bit heavy and way to noticeable.

Some of my toys, the one I wear on my runs is at the bottom. I'd have more (I love knives) but DH won't let me buy more.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

What the effff???

That's crazy.

The suspect was arrested after trying to assault a female runner....and reported to the police in a high squeaky soprano Mickey Mouse voice..."she cut me in a sensitive place!"