Beginners and Beyond

Where Are the Friday Penguins? (Read 30 times)

hog4life

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the caommon benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Zelanie

Right here!  Hi, Mitch!

10-13 for me after work, depending on how I'm feeling.

hog4life

I'm at work, and when I get off, I'll be heading over to Arkansas to join my wife. She said her dad has had a rough night and had a couple of "spells" this morning. Surgery is still scheduled for Monday morning.

I got 8.25 last night in 2 different segments. Today is a travel day, and I hope to see a window to run tomorrow.

Zelanie

Mitch- Hope you find the time to run tomorrow if it helps to keep the stress down.  Hoping for a good weekend for your FIL and successful surgery.  I still have family on my mom's side in the Hot Springs area.  I haven't seen any of them in forever, though.

From the Internet.

Hi pens! Leg is feeling mostly better, looks and feels like just a bruise after all. I'll probably try a short run at the gym tomorrow (in my new shoes!), fingers crossed that it's OK afterward. Have a good Friday!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  7 miles tonight if I feel better.  Right now I feel sick.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Ran an easy 3 miles this morning.  3 minutes faster than yesterday.  Same 2" of snow, just not "snowing" Smile

hog4life

Mitch- Hope you find the time to run tomorrow if it helps to keep the stress down.  Hoping for a good weekend for your FIL and successful surgery.  I still have family on my mom's side in the Hot Springs area.  I haven't seen any of them in forever, though.

We used to live about 1.5 hours from Hot Springs, and spent a lot of weekends there. It's a "nicer" area of the state.

Thanks for all the kind words everyone.

tracilynn

Mitch, drive safely. Sorry to hear about his spells.

Lauren, glad to hear it was only a bruise. You are my "injury twin" so I know how you feel. Paranoia About every pain. Have fun in the new shoes!

hey zel, 10-13 nice run. You are knocking out the miles lately.

hey old fat, nice job in the faster 3.

its cold here today and my kids are bugging me so I'm headed to the gym so I can dump them off in "gym care"

haha.

~~~~~~~

Traci

hog4life

Just got a call, they're doing his surgery now. I'll be hiiting the road soon. I might not be online for a couple days, so "see" everyone soon. Happy running!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good Morning.  We got our gym workouts done and now we are going to see  Dallas Buyers Club.  It's was nominated, for Best Picture, but is in only a few theaters in Chicagoland.  Hope to get a run in after the show.

Any news from Jack?  Hope for good news.

Have a great weekend.

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!! A couple of wrecks made my commute ridiculous, so I was all kinds of late getting in. Plus it was just hard to get out of bed this morning ... I'm REALLY looking forward to a 3-day weekend!! I need some extra sack time. Will try to take a walk this afternoon, but I'm not sure it'll happen -- I have quite a few samples to get through today, which I can't start until after my 10:30 meeting. Life is never dull!!

Zelanie -- hope you're feeling good enough for lotsa miles!!

Hog -- glad the surgery is scheduled soon, and best wishes to FIL and your family!!

Lauren -- glad it was just a bruise!!

Docket -- hope you feel better!! OFS -- nice 3!!

traci -- this is the only reason my sister ever goes to the gym!!

hog update -- whoa, even faster on the surgery!! Hope all goes well!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

hog4life

Jack, I missed it yesterday, had to go look at Thursday's thread, stay safe my friend! I'll be thinking about you and your family.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens...

Good news; the house is still standing. It was touch and go for a good part of the day. The fire was so close we could feel the heat and hear trees exploding on the hill. My parents live a block over from us and my mom was interviewed for the local news. We are safe and thanks for the thoughts.

I got my massage last night and, as usual, it "hurt so good." Unfortunately, I don't think I will run today because the air quality is so poor. Hopefully it will be better as the day goes on.

Have a good THREE DAY weekend.

Docket_Rocket

Just got a call, they're doing his surgery now. I'll be hiiting the road soon. I might not be online for a couple days, so "see" everyone soon. Happy running!

I will be thinking of him.

NPR talked about the fires near where Jack lives.  It was not fully under control but it did not sound like more people have been killed or displaced.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page