Beginners and Beyond

Thorough ThursDAILIES (Read 51 times)

flarunner

Cool  WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!   Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury  to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours.

flarunner

Mornin' Chilluns!

7 miles of fartlek/tempo this morning. Rained all day yesterday so everything was clean and fresh.

Have a great day, y'all!

delicate flower

Happy Vacation Day Two!  Up early...waiting for DW to get up so we can go work out.  Big plans today...pizza and steak!  We have not bought anything for Oski yet.

<3

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!

8.2 easy miles done this morning.

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning! 4 miles on tap after work. And I might go to the gym on my lunch break. We'll see.

Pinktastic

Good Morning, Friends!!

Woo Hoo!!  It's Thursday!!  Just have to make it through today and tomorrow and then it's the WEEKEND!!!   :-)

Flarunner - Post rain runs are awesome, right?   Nice work this morning!!  Hope you have a Pinksational day!!

Phil - Hope you and MBC have a great workout this morning!!  And, thanks for checking in on your vacation!!   Hope y'all have a completely magical day today!!

Dave 2 - What a great run this morning!!   Way to go!!

April - Enjoy your run tonight!!   Have a Pinktacular day!!

I did more stretching / strengthening stuff this morning.   I even tried some push-ups, but they were not very friendly to my foot / ankle....   I should get the MRI results tomorrow and hopefully get a recovery plan going so that I can get back to running soon.    This not running thing is driving me BATTY and I'm losing what little patience I had so it's making me super crabby too.

Have a totally wonderful day today!!    And, may your next run show you how far you've come in your running journey!!

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Jess runs for bacon

Good Morning, Friends!!

Woo Hoo!!  It's Thursday!!  Just have to make it through today and tomorrow and then it's the WEEKEND!!!   :-)

Flarunner - Post rain runs are awesome, right?   Nice work this morning!!  Hope you have a Pinksational day!!

Phil - Hope you and MBC have a great workout this morning!!  And, thanks for checking in on your vacation!!   Hope y'all have a completely magical day today!!

Dave 2 - What a great run this morning!!   Way to go!!

April - Enjoy your run tonight!!   Have a Pinktacular day!!

I did more stretching / strengthening stuff this morning.   I even tried some push-ups, but they were not very friendly to my foot / ankle....   I should get the MRI results tomorrow and hopefully get a recovery plan going so that I can get back to running soon.    This not running thing is driving me BATTY and I'm losing what little patience I had so it's making me super crabby too.

Have a totally wonderful day today!!    And, may your next run show you how far you've come in your running journey!!

- Sarah

This is you crabby? Seriously though, good luck tomorrow!

Mmmmm...beer

Turns out Einstein was right all along. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

BruceD555

flarunner- Good morning! I didn't think Florida allowed it to rain for an entire day. Wink I'm glad you had a nice fartleky/tempo run this morning and enjoy the rest of your day.

Baboon- I hope you and DW have a wonderful day #2 of your vacation ... and I understand your dilemma to find just the right thing for the bear who has everything.

Dtothe2nd- Fine job on getting in the early 8 miles today. I'm going to have to start doing the same thing and swap some of my weekday runs to get in first thing in the morning.

AprilRunner- I hope you have a wonderful 4 miles after work today and thanks again for posting yesterday. BTW, did you take a look at some of the other learning experiences Shocked

Pinktastic- Crabby?! Nope, not seeing it. Wink Sorry you're stuck in the waiting game for results from the MRI but tomorrow is almost here. I'm hopeful that whatever the tests reveal will be minor and you'll soon be back on the road/trail/sidewalk running again.

Morning folks. I posted at the end of the dailies yesterday but will sum it up again here. I unexpectedly bumped into an old friend on a run I was doing last night (on campus while waiting to pick my DW up from work). I know him from when we attended the same church but I haven't seen him for about a year. Anyway, he's training for Leadville and was about 20 miles into his training run so we got to catch up for a few miles as we ran together. It was a great and unexpected bonus to last nights 6+ miles.

Today I'll probably do another 5+ recovery miles depending on the weather and what time I leave work. My legs continue to feel amazing after the race and I look forward to getting back into the swing of training for the next race.

Train smart ... race smarter.

Pinktastic

This is you crabby? Seriously though, good luck tomorrow!

The beauty of knowing y'all through the interwebs is that you don't have to listen to all the flying f-bombs that spew from my mouth because I have no patience these days.....   I'm working on it though.    :-)

Seriously, thanks for all the good wishes - y'all totally ROCK!!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Ball of Fury

I ran a whopping 2.03 miles this morning at a blistering 10:35/mile!  My poor leg muscles were so excited to run, and at first it felt pretty good, if just a bit awkward.  As I went along, though, the hip got more and more tight and then I saw my shadow and realized my gait was pretty funky, even though I didn't feel like I was limping.  Oh well, baby steps, right?  I did 50 push-ups and my stretches when I got home.  Hopefully, I will have the day off tomorrow and can make it to my first PT appointment with the new chiro...it's gonna be tough to get appointments there with my work schedule because when I called Tuesday, Friday was all that was available..guess he is popular!

Pink:  Thinking good thoughts for your MRI results!!

Phil:  Hope you are having a great time...where are you guys staying?

Flarunner:  Nice run this morning!

Dave:  Great run for you as well!

Bruce:  Sounds like a nice run with your friend!

April:  Hope you enjoy your run today!

LJ:  Hi!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

YAYpril - B-Plus

Bruce, I consider myself fortunate for not experiencing some of those other things... yikes! That's so cool that you ran into an old friend. Training for Leadville... sheesh.

Sarah, I'm so sorry you're crabby. Keeping fingers crossed that it's nothing serious. Let us know as soon as you hear anything.

Ami, TWO MILES! YAY! It's progress! I hope you can get into your chiro and have him fix you up.

Dave, I like your picture. Smile

And here's a motivational picture for you all. Let's all strive to be like Carl today:

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  SRD today as I work and travel later tonight.

Have a great day!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Strides are to easy runs what wax is to a freshly washed car; the finishing touch, ting!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Blah woke up sick as a dog. Hoping it's just the damn allergies....

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to