Beginners and Beyond

The Weekend DAILIES (Read 39 times)

LRB

Yo!

So now that you have toiled through the week to get here, what are you going to do with it?

My plans are for about 7 miles today and 10 tomorrow.  There will be some adult beverages in between, lot's of yummy food, some time on the sofa and not much else.

What about you?

happylily

I'm in Toronto. Got here at 1 a.m. SO has a gun clinic all day. I plan on 15 first. Then maybe a couple more later. Tomorrow will be 17. All of them will be slow, because I've decided that that's it for me. I'm too old for speed and I must accept it. Damn intervals are killing my legs. This evening, we're going to dinner (maybe Indian, because Shari tempted me the other week) and then we have tickets to a concert, classical music. Can't remember what it is (SO bought the tickets). I'm going to wear my black boots and a black mini-dress, because damn it, I'm still hanging on to that one illusion.

Have a great Saturday! And I hope that Shari, Damaris and our other racers will be rocking it this weekend! Go guys!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

I'm too old for speed and I must accept it. Damn intervals are killing my legs.

I think you are overlooking the role that overall mileage has in how your legs feel after intervals.

happylily

I think you are overlooking the role that overall mileage has in how your legs feel after intervals.

But the plan is designed that way. Someone younger would have no problem following it. I'm lagging behind when it comes to certain paces. I'm skipping runs after intervals because I'm too sore. I'm supposed to be able to run 70 mpw, with a 20 mile LR on Sunday and 5k intervals once a week. So why can't I hit that 5k pace? But maybe it's not the intervals I'm too old for, maybe it's the 70 mpw? Last year, I had no problem at all with the exact same plan, and I even added more intensity than was called for. This year, I'm missing runs because I simply can't keep up, I get sick or I'm too tired. WTH? Otherwise, I'm in fine health, nothing out of the ordinary.

Morning peeps.

Greetings from back in good old MI. I will run later this morning whenever I get around to it, since I am no longer in Florida having to run at the buttcrack of dawn before it gets too hot.

Oh, and I turn 49 today.

Good luck Step & anyone else racing today!

Dave

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

3.1 miles. Tried to keep this as a semi cutback week.

Marjorie

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

No running today Sad , I do have house cleaning to do and maybe a hike or something later. I'll be icing these ankles throughout the day, but it's hard to actually recover when I am chasing a toddler around.... lol.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

happylily

Happy Birthday, Dave! 49 is young. ( Please ignore what I wrote above ) So since you'll be 50 next year and changing AG, that gives you one year exactly to shave 23 minutes off of your marathon, and thus BQ. Now that you're accumulating such great mileage, I expect you to improve by leaps and bounds. 49 for a man is a very fine age...

Hip Redux

Sitting at a coffee shop while my husband runs a half marathon in the cold pouring rain.

There's a cupcake place next door.  I really think I made out with the better deal here.

outoftheblue

Good luck racers!!!!!!

I'm off to a 5 mile race myself, although it's an extremely small and low-key event over a very hilly course.  So, I'm not really in race mode.   It was pouring rain and thunder all night, but this morning is cold and clear.

Life is good.

Ric-G

happy bday dave....6.5 miles this AM...yard work then soccer...and dodgers/rockies tonite....have a great day all!

marathon pr - 3:16

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Hoppin' on the bike today.

Last week did my first "big group" ride with the LBS.  I tried to stay with the lead pack but some quick guys in there & they dropped me.  I came back a little but made a mini group of my own.

Yesterday got my new thinner/lighter tires (32mm down to 28mm) and quicker rolling.  Put 'em on, pumped 'em up (85psi old vs 105psi new) and definitely feel a little quicker.  I'm hoping to stay with these guys on the climbs.

CANNONDALE FTW!!!!!

Randy

Happy Birthday, Dave! 49 is young. ( Please ignore what I wrote above ) So since you'll be 50 next year and changing AG, that gives you one year exactly to shave 23 minutes off of your marathon, and thus BQ. Now that you're accumulating such great mileage, I expect you to improve by leaps and bounds. 49 for a man is a very fine age...

Thanks for the kind words. 

And FWIW, I have longer than that to cut down my time for the new AG, since Boston 2015 is actually 6 days before I turn 50. Not that I checked.

So BTW, DW just now remembered it was my birthday. She texted me from the grocery store, where she was in the bakery department & noticed the cakes when it struck her. My kids to their credit each wished me HBD first thing when they got up.

Dave

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Happy Birthday, DaveP! I'm not to far behind you. Smile

SRD for me, but only from running. I am working the triple jump pit at DD's track meet, the other DD has swim practice, and tonight is older DD's prom. Sigh...

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Happy birthday Dave

Marjorie