Beginners and Beyond

Ladies: Recommend a tank top for race day (Read 101 times)

StepbyStep-SH

After more than 2 years, 4 marathons, a 50k, a 24-hour run, and countless long runs, my favorite race tank is in need of being retired. One of the seams is now starting to chafe after only 6 miles, which is simply not acceptable.

So, I am in search of a new one. What I loved the most about the old one (which was a Moving Comfort that I found on clearance at Runningwarehouse - no sign of it anymore) was the nice big pocket in the small of my back. It was big enough to hold my phone and several gels, but because the tank was fitted, there was absolutely zero bouncing.

This "Tri-Top" from SkirtSports is the closest I've found, but maybe some of you who wear Athleta, Lululemon, and others like that have a recommendation. I don't like the idea of dropping $70 on a tank top, but if it meets my criteria (fitted, comfortable, big pocket with no bounce), I will do it.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

happylily

Shari, the tanks from runningskirts are amongst my favorites. No bra needed, a pocket in the back, long enough and I like the criss cross strings. If you buy them on sale (they always have a few colors on sale), they are a great deal. FWIW, as much as I like the Lululemon pants, shorts and some of their skirts, I do not like their tanks. They may be good for yoga, but not for running in my opinion.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Nevrgivup

Shari, the tanks from runningskirts are amongst my favorites. No bra needed, a pocket in the back, long enough and I like the criss cross strings. If you buy them on sale (they always have a few colors on sale), they are a great deal. FWIW, as much as I like the Lululemon pants, shorts and some of their skirts, I do not like their tanks. They may be good for yoga, but not for running in my opinion.

I like this tank! Smile

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

LRB

I like this tank! Smile

+1

If my lady left the house in that to run, I would assume she was running to see her other boyfriend.  lol

Docket_Rocket

I have both the lululemon and this one Lily posted.  That one is good but if you have big boobs they can become uncomfortable.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Just B.S.

I have never worn a tank racing or running. I think I look too fat in them. Truth.

Just B.S.

+1

If my lady left the house in that to run, I would assume she was running to see her other boyfriend.  lol

If you ever find out she has another boyfriend and you want to get back at her, give me a call. Smile LOL

happylily

I have never worn a tank racing or running. I look too fat in them. Truth.

You're either a liar or suffer from too much humbleness. 

happylily

If you ever find out she has another boyfriend and you want to get back at her, give me a call. Smile LOL

LOL... And I'll take your DH. 

Just B.S.

You're either a liar or suffer from too much humbleness. 

No too much Catholic upbringing with Nuns. Showing skin was frowned upon.

Plus I do suffer from whatever it is they call it when you still see the fat girl in

the mirror even though that was 35 pounds ago and she doesn't exist anymore.

I literally do not even own a tank top for running. A singlet pushes me outside my

comfort zone Smile

Truth

Just B.S.

Snort!!!!!!!!!!

LRB

Who is driving us all, your DH?  lol

bluerun

Super B****

No too much Catholic upbringing with Nuns. Showing skin was frowned upon.

Plus I do suffer from whatever it is they call it when you still see the fat girl in

the mirror even though that was 35 pounds ago and she doesn't exist anymore.

I literally do not even own a tank top for running. A singlet pushes me outside my

comfort zone Smile

Truth

To bring up the age-old debate... why is a tank top different from a singlet??

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

happylily

Who is driving us all, your DH?  lol

He's busy running with your wife. 

LRB

He's busy running with your wife. 

Bam!