Beginners and Beyond

Back On My Feet (Read 46 times)

They'll tell you that failure is not an option.  That's ridiculous.  Failure is always an option.  It is the easiest and most readily available option.  It's your choice though.

LRB

"Runners are self motivated, disciplined, reliable, responsible and ambitious."

There is some truth to that.

Docket_Rocket

Two friends I know are part of the Back on my Feet, one in PA and one in GA.  Sounds like a great organization.

I do pro bono for the homeless shelter in downtown Miami.  Not pro bono legal work (since I am not allowed) but we teach them about the law and I do the talks about $$$$.  I'm going to show this group to the shelter and see whether they are interested in doing something like this.  Would be awesome if we could take these guys and ladies out on a run.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Very impressive!!  Housed 900.  Helped employ over 750.  That's impressive for ANY organization.

Hard work, for sure, though you have to get past the initial emotion of it all.  She is to be commended for the day in & day out year after year that it probably requires to continue doing such a thing.  One audio/video clip is cool, but doing it & living it for years is commendable and honorable!!!

Great story!

Randy

Thanks for sharing the story.  It illustrates the commitment of the young woman  and the people ready to make a personal change.

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Some of the runners here do sunrise BOMF runs.  I would like to join in,  but I'm not on my feet at dawn.  Seems like a great program.