Beginners and Beyond

Wondering Where the Weekend Penguins Are? (Read 20 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

PADRunner

Going to an Expo at work in a little while for a race I'm not running. Our location is a popular place for hosting 5Ks. Most of them are charity walks and fun color light novelty runs. The race tomorrow is a 5K & 10K Chocoholic Frolic. There is a certified course that most of them try to use.

I'm running the Sneak-A-Peek 5K tonight through the Christmas lights at the lake. The past couple of years have been really cold and threatening sleet and snow. Tonight however there's a threat of a different frozen variety Hail. 65 and a chance of thunderstorms.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Morning all!  I have been eating like a human garbage disposal for the past few days.  I need to start fighting the Blerch ;-)  I need to put down the takeout container and go for a run.  I'll do 3 or so later today.  I am dog sitting for a friend while he attends a funeral so there's a lot of puppy playtime going on in my apartment at the moment which is a bit hard to drag myself away from.

I'm running a 5 mile race on Friday with my new to running friend, Jess.  I'm thinking of doing my long run on Thursday (Thanksgiving) and running with her for the entire race to keep her company.  My little sister is running the Philly Marathon tomorrow so I hope she does well.

Good luck this weekend Kristin!

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

GinnyinPA

PAD - you could always pull a Scotty and run both races ;-)  Running through Christmas lights sounds like fun, though I'm surprised they're lit already.  Hope the hail and lightning don't happen while you're out.

sapf - Puppies are fun.  How many and what kind?  I hope you manage to break free of the blerch. It's hard when it's cold outside. Good luck to your sister tomorrow.

AFM:  cold and dry today, warm and wet tomorrow.  I asked DH which he'd rather hike in, and he said let's go out for a few miles this afternoon.  So I guess my long run tomorrow will be warm and wet.

hog4life

Me and Bella just finished 18.15 miles which is her longest ever. Now we are chilling and napping.

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys.  12 miles done this morning with hubby.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good Afternoon, Pens !!!

Have a good race tonight PAD.  Hope the thunder stays away.

Put that container down and run, sapf.

Have a nice hike, Ginny.

Congrats, Bella !!!

AFU, it warmed up to 40ish so we ran 5.5 slow miles AHR127, AP11:04.  I erred a little on the warm side with the new mittens that I had to take off.   Stopped to take a picture of a buck that was blocking the path, but DW was a little slow getting her phone out.

Rest of today will be watching football.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Nice 12, Mr and Mrs Docket.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

21:03 on the 5k. I will put up a little RR in a bit.

tracilynn

SHAZAM!  Way to go

~~~~~~~

Traci

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

They must have had good beer at the finish 

How's the ebola, Traci?

tracilynn

They must have had good beer at the finish 

How's the ebola, Traci?

Better now. Still haven't had solid food yet, just now getting hungry Had the worst body aches of my life last night. May try an easy run tomorrow I dunno.

~~~~~~~

Traci

PADRunner

Well I guess you know where you stand! Sheesh...

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Lol!

Jerry: I had a few last night and almost paid for it.

I just posted a little RR.

Docket_Rocket

Great job, Jack!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page