Beginners and Beyond

TUESDAILIES, What's a Song That You Like for Running? (Read 39 times)

Good morning, people. How are you?

I'm caffeinated and ready to do my planned thirty-six minutes of cardio and ab work for today.

One song that always keeps me moving is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=So0p8tTiCLk

LRB

What up B, they can't shut up me, shut down I, not even P.E. Imma ride...

I had a rough go of it last night as my body is all discombobulated from the stupid time change.  I need to get it together pretty quickly however as I need to be out of the door in about 20 minutes.

I will play later, right now though I need the Genie in my coffee mug to do her thing.

delicate flower

What do ya say there, chucko!  Happy Tuesday!  My legs are feeling stiff but ok after yesterday's hard effort 9.5 miler.  I'm feeling good about that run.  Speaking of which, yesterday was the first time I wore shorts this year.  Looks like today will be the second time I wear shorts this year.  Mid-50 temps today.  WOO HOO!  Looks like tomorrow and Thursday are going to suck, but it'll be nice again for the weekend.  I'll take it!

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Not sure what I'll do.  Either a short recovery run or a bike ride depending on hubby's plan.  I didn't sleep last night because Hershey was attacking Rubio all fucking night, including a fight at my feet which caused three huge scratches on my shins.  Sigh.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Yo. I was not looking forward to my first post-time change early AM treadmill run. I woke up OK, but got on that thing & stared st the start button for a long time before I got up the nerve to press it. Anyway, did 10 miles with 7 at MP.

Now we have a big effing snowstorm coming. WTF.

Dave

Rick, have fun doing whatever you do.

Phil, enjoy the outdoors.

Damaris, I hope that the kitties behave today.

DaveP MI, terrific ten. WTF, indeed.

I did thirty-six minutes on the AMT, ab work, and push-ups.

delicate flower

Yo. I was not looking forward to my first post-time change early AM treadmill run. I woke up OK, but got on that thing & stared st the start button for a long time before I got up the nerve to press it. Anyway, did 10 miles with 7 at MP.

Now we have a big effing snowstorm coming. WTF.

Michigan Dave, I missed it but what you training for?

<3

happylily

Morning!

I have 9 miles @ easy pace after work. Or, if I feel up to it, maybe I'll do my first intervals of this cycle. This week is when the speed workouts change from tempo miles to 5k intervals. I'm really not good at those. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Classic rock is what I play when I'm out there running.  Temp in San Antonio today will be VERY sunny and 82 degrees.  3- 4 miles outside after work today to enjoy all that sunshine!    Gee, I haven't even noticed the time change all that much. 

Enjoy the shorts weather while it lasts, Baboon!

Sorry about the cat-fight, Damaris.  Hope the shin scratches heal quickly!

Sorry about your predicted crappy weather, DaveP, which means more continued TM running for you.  Hope you are able to get outside one of these upcoming days!

Good luck with your workout, Lily!

Congrats on your workout, Basya!  Although, since it's you, I'm sure you're not done for the day yet. 

Well, LRB should be already finished or just about done with his outing, if he did make out the door 20 minutes from the time he posted.  Hope you had a good outing, LRB!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

StepbyStep-SH

Schedule says 8, and I have a strength training class. The problem is I won't have time for a full 8 between when I drop off DS and the class. So, it will either be 6.5-7 miles and the class, or 8-9 miles and I'll do some strength training on my own. Then I'll replenish the calories with a lunch potluck with friends where everything is gluten-free. It's nice to be able to just enjoy without wondering what I can and can't have, or watching everyone else eat yummy stuff while I have a safe salad.

My contribution is blueberry scones made with almond meal, a bit of shredded coconut and honey. I've already had one for breakfast.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Michigan Dave, I missed it but what you training for?

You didn't miss anything....

Dave

delicate flower

You didn't miss anything....

Just laying down the base, eh?  You've been going strong lately.

<3

Zelanie

Morning!  My MLR is down to 8 miles this week.  Nice! Smile

My favorite song to run to is Atreve-te-te.  Or any cheesy pop, hehe.  I just added I Will Survive and When the Levee Breaks to the playlist, though, which have both been good.

Dave is probably going to shock us all and up and register for a marathon last minute.

LRB

Dave is probably going to shock us all and up and register for a marathon last minute.

The last time he tried that the event sold out...speaking of which, I should probably register for an event or two myself soon.

Zelanie

The last time he tried that the event sold out...speaking of which, I should probably register for an event or two myself soon.

Yeah, I haven't pulled the trigger on Portland for the fall yet.  The half sells out, but the full looks like it doesn't fill too quickly.