Beginners and Beyond

The back to school TuesDAILIES can only mean one thing for morning runners (Read 43 times)

LRB

LRB

'Sup!

This will be my fourth fall running which means some of the little fucks that will try to run me over today (I run by two high schools) have seen their parents do the same thing since they were freshman!

The morning after Labor Day run is always an adventure, and never pleasant.  And with that, I head out the door for 8.  See ya!

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!

I'm back!  Had a great weekend on the lake, did some good running at my brothers (hills!), now it's time to get back to work.

10 miles last night, 7 this morning, double later today.

We haven't had a leg thread recently, so here's a pic from a group run I did a couple of weeks ago. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Morning!

So I could not fall asleep till about midnight, then woke up at 2. And stayed up. Around 3:30 I decided it was a bad idea to even try to go back to sleep at that point, since my alarm was set for 5 to go run. So I went out and ran at about 4. Which is one way to avoid the back-to-school traffic. But I did not expect it to bode well for my workout.

Today was my 2nd Hansons strength workout, 4 x 1.5 miles with 0.5 mile recoveries, at GMP-10 sec pace.

Last week's 6x1 was brutal, I had a lot of trouble hitting pace and even more trouble holding it. I was pretty discouraged. Today it was a different world - found pace relatively quickly, held it without too much difficulty, everything felt smooth. Killed it.

Target pace: 7:50. Actual: 7:43, 7:41, 7:46, 7.37.

With 3.25 wu & 1.5 cd, 12.3 miles total.

Have a good day everyone.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  Pilates and 7 tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

redrobrun

oops, I didn't see this Tuesdailies

tried this whole morning run thing out, 3 miles I couldn't tell the difference from my night run it was just as dark. I plan on 3 more tonight.

delicate flower

HEY-OH!  Crappy night of sleep means I stayed in bed this morning and blew off the morning run.  As punishment, my run will now take place this afternoon when it'll be a hot, soupy mess outside.

<3

Zelanie

Morning!  First day of school for the kids today- wish me luck!

After work I have 11 miles planned with 2 x 3 miles @ 10 sec faster than marathon pace.  The good news is- just two intervals!  Finish one and I'm halfway done, right? Smile

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

DaveP: That is a nice run and done on very little sleep makes it even better.

No run for me today... just some stretching and core exercises. Boring stuff.

See ya.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Was going to run after work today but the local weather folks changed my forecast....only 97 degrees....but a heat index of 105 today is a bit much even for me!  So it was another early morning run today.  My chosen site for this day was Fort Sam Houston.  Very nice run/walk of 38 minutes/ 3.3 miles for me.  Lots of active duty military folks and retirees and civil service workers out doing their thing too at 5 in the morning, so I had lots of company.    I only had one "ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch!" - problem.....after my chest workout within my weight training session yesterday, this morning on my run/walk my  "moobs" (man-boobs)  were sore every time they 'bounced'.....ouch ouch ouch! 

I can relate LRB.  Today, the ROTC returned to the university - and to the gym for the PT, etc. which means the gym this morning was crowded as all get-out.  So I just avoided it, and went to Fort Sam instead.    Run you over?  I'm surprised some of those 'cougar' moms don't try and pick you up while you're out there...

Sounds nice at the lake, D2.   Nice photo, looks like a scenic place to run.

Nice running, Dave...especially that early!  Guess sleep-running really works for you!

Good luck with your planned workouts, Damaris.

And yet, Baboon, you always seem to overcome the hot, soupy conditions and do well.  Happy miles!

Shouldn't we be wishing the kids the luck, Zelanie? Good luck with your intervals later, this may be a run you really need after the 1st day of school.

I dunno, Jack, when you're old and inflexible, stretching can sometimes get pretty exciting...especially when you turn something the wrong way.   Good luck!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

oops, I didn't see this Tuesdailies

Don't feel bad, there is a glaring error in my post from this morning that I did not realize until I was running!  

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

No first day here. The kids around here started back a few weeks ago. Like mid August!

Anyways, 10.5 miles done for me. Pilates later

Marjorie

B-Plus

Our kids aren't back to school due to a contract dispute. Should be interesting.

200m reps later

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

'Sup!

This will be my fourth fall running which means some of the little fucks that will try to run me over today (I run by two high schools) have seen their parents do the same thing since they were freshman!

The morning after Labor Day run is always an adventure, and never pleasant.  And with that, I head out the door for 8.  See ya!

Luckily I am normally done before 6, but my main danger are the school buses. I live near an elementary and run past it during most of my runs.

I got 5.3 miles in this morning, it was supposed to be 5 miles but I finished 5 with about .4 left and wasn't about to enjoy a cool down walk after looking up at this scary storm front. Of course there was lightning all around me but seemed like they were far away.

Nice legs Dtothe2nd! Need a close up though 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Luckily I am normally done before 6, but my main danger are the school buses. I live near an elementary and run past it during most of my runs.

Yeah I have one of those and a middle school as well, but the high schools have been the worse by far in terms of near misses (on near hits depending on your persuasion) of anywhere I run.

Today's run was uneventful though, which was very odd.  It also was dark when I started (6:56) so I will have that to contend with in the coming days and weeks.