Beginners and Beyond

Smartphone Sunday Penguins (Read 192 times)

N-Bug

Will run for beer.

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." WinkIt can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

N-Bug

Will run for beer.

Good morning everyone !  Smartphone actually works/allows me to post on his website... cool stuff.  Systems check all a go for me after the run yesterday.   I can feel discomfort in my right knee but it isn't anything a day or two of rest won't cure.

Best of wishes to anyone racing today!!

Now I'm off to move my dad into his new house...  Not exactly a rest day but...

Rock on Penguins !

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Good morning N-Bug and others soon to follow!

Yesterday was a do nothing day. Hopefully I can make up for it today!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Jen2011

Good morning!  Thanks for starting us out today, Vance!  Glad yesterday's run went well.  Hope the move-in for your dad goes well too!

Gustav, hope you have a great day today!

Mitch, please keep us updated.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Good luck to all those racing today!

AFM, this will be my first LR in heavy rain.  Waiting for it to get light enough to head out, and listening to the downpour, but I think it's just going to say pretty dark out there with the rain and clouds.  We've got rain all day today, flash flood warnings.

I hope you all have a great day!

Jen

Upcoming races:

Covenant Health Knoxville 5K 4/7/13 (and cheering on DH for his 1st Marathon!!)

Rock and Roll Chicago Half Marathon 7/21/13

Tower of Terror Ten Miler 10/5/13

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good Morning Vance, Gustav, And Jen.  SRD for us after LR yesterday.  Undecorating Day for us today.

Good luck to Tomas on the marathon and any other brave racers today, and Jen running in the rain.

hog4life

Jen, thanks, I'll be sure to keep you posted. I'll be running in the rain too.

Hey to Vance, Gustav and others.

Im getting updates on Damaris on FB, looks like she is doing well. Good luck to Tomas too.

I'm getting ready to head to church and will look to run in the rain later. I'm not sure how far, but I need to get some miles in since I may not run Wednesday.

Tori Runs in PA

Pittsburgh RN!

Damaris is going well!!

There are FB updates on Tomas too! Keep truckin' along..... he's just after the 15K mark

Do or do not, there is no try. 

My first races EVER! 

Saxonburg Distance Series 5KRaces: 

#1: 7-14-2012 Cross Country Crusade 5K: 42:50 

#2: 8-11-2012 Roebling's Run 5K: 38:54

#3: 9-8-2012 Festival of the Arts 5K: 36:37

Tori Runs in PA

Pittsburgh RN!

okay...Tomas has his FB page updating for like 5 people!! So scratch the whole 15K thing! that was for someone else! lol

Do or do not, there is no try. 

My first races EVER! 

Saxonburg Distance Series 5KRaces: 

#1: 7-14-2012 Cross Country Crusade 5K: 42:50 

#2: 8-11-2012 Roebling's Run 5K: 38:54

#3: 9-8-2012 Festival of the Arts 5K: 36:37

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Yay for marathon runners!

NBug hope rhe knee is ok.

I drank way too much and stayed out way too late last night! was going to pilates at my new gym this morning but I'm hungover and my knee hurts so bad I can barely hobble to the bathroom. ugh

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

hog4life

Question for Kristi or Tori. I'm have that needle guided biopsy on Wednesday. Is it okay to run in the morning before the test?

tracilynn

I just finished 2.9 in the rain.  Had to cut it a little short because my stomach started to misbehaveEvil

Good luck to our marathoners!  How exciting for Tomas running his first!  One of my other friends is also running the Disney marathon today.  She posted yesterday about not having a goal time since it was so hot there and just to finish and have fun.

Going to see Les Mis later

Happy Sunday everyone

~~~~~~~

Traci

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

oh traci do tell how you like les mis after you see it! I'm dying to see it!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Zelanie

Good morning!  I am taking a URD as my right knee/hammy is just a little sore after yesterday's run.  It actually feels like the sort of thing that would get better after a warm up, but I just don't want to take any risks just for a "filling out the miles" sort of a run.  My January mileage so far is a bit behind my Dec. mileage, but maybe that makes sense because I'm adding speedwork that I can't take quite the same volume?

I went to the marathon site and searched for Tomas, but he doesn't have any splits showing.  Hoping he's going OK!

I see that Damaris finished- Congratulations to her!

Vance- Good luck getting your dad moved!

Gustav- You deserve a RD now and then as well!  You are a very hard working penguin!

Jen- Stay safe out there!

Jerry- Good luck on the undecorating!  Hope the tree isn't too dry!

Mitch- Hope you get a good run in later.

Tori- I always appreciate your enthusiasm!

kristin- Feel better.

Traci- Good job getting out there in the rain!  Enjoy the movie later.

Zelanie

Oh, now I see T-rod's update for the half!  Go Tomas!

Jen2011

10 cold, wet miles done!  Smile

I realized on my run today, that I have really changed in the past year.  The old me would have used the rain as an excuse, but the new me, the runner, was not going to let anything stand in the way of those 10 miles.  It was encouraging to me to see evidence that I really have changed my life.

Great job Damaris & Go Tomas!!!

Jerry, enjoy the RD and the undecorating!

Mitch, hope your run goes well today!

Kristen, hope you recover from your fun night quickly!

Traci, great job on the rainy miles!  Sorry that you weren't feeling great.  Enjoy Les Mis - I can't wait to see it!!

Zelanie, hope the URD helps your knee/hammy.  Thanks for the update on Damaris & Tomas!

Off to do some grocery shopping!  Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday!

Jen

Upcoming races:

Covenant Health Knoxville 5K 4/7/13 (and cheering on DH for his 1st Marathon!!)

Rock and Roll Chicago Half Marathon 7/21/13

Tower of Terror Ten Miler 10/5/13