Beginners and Beyond

How do you spell relief? E.A.S.Y. WednesDAILIES (Read 40 times)

LRB

'Sup crew!

After that butt kickin' I took during yesterdays run I have never been happier to run easy!  And the fact that it is currently 38 degrees makes me happier still.

So let me find the skimpiest running outfit that I own and I am going to go enjoy this bad boy!

What say you people of the internet?

delicate flower

Good morning, e-People!  10 miles last night at 8:21 pace.  The first half of the run was easy, but the wind made the second half of that run hard.  It felt like a hill workout.  Today promises to be even windier with the added touch of rain.  Sooo, I think I'll treadmill today.  I could use a break from the elements.  I can't wait for my taper.

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Happy Hump Day everyone, April is just about over with!

Rocky and I got 9 miles in on the trails this morning, I am actually beginning to enjoy these muddy trails. Rocky is definitely going to need a bath this morning before we head into work though

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

happylily

Morning!

11 miles after work, including some at HM pace.

Have a great day!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!

Had to cut my run short this morning, only 4 miles, I'll go back out after work and get more.  I didn't go back out for more yesterday, mainly because it didn't rain, we were supposed to get some thunderstorms and I was going to go run if it was raining. Smile

Now, coffee, and then more coffee, because coffee. Big grin

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 7 or SRD.  We'll see!

I am in for the Paris Marathon and I think my husband is happy I did not sign up for the London Marathon lottery since I am lucky this year. Very excited to revisit my favorite city in the world!!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

It's morning. And I need more coffee.

Rick, thank you for starting today's thread. Enjoy your run.

Phil, have a nice time on the TM.

FreeSoul87, beautiful nine-miler with Rocky.

Lily, have a pleasant post-work run.

Dave, have fun doubling.

Damaris, have fun doing whatever you do.

I'm at my parents', now that Passover is finally over. I'm going to make myself a frappe, wait for it to do its thing, then, head out for an hour.

I can't wait I return to work tomorrow. I miss my kids.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

EASY is right, that is what I did yesterday after work.

I don't know about where you are but it is getting hot early in Texas.   For my run/walk yesterday, the temp hit 91 degrees with a 'feels like" temp of 93.

photo sweat_zpsec594f95.jpg

I started at one of the San Antonio YMCAs and began my run/walk with the sun at my back.  Ran past the entrance to the Zoo and then onto the trails in the park by the Zoo so I would have lots of shade trees along my route.  Out of the park and went back on the park road that goes along the river....and has more shade trees.   My last half mile back to the Y was open to the sun and I admit by the time I was done I was feeling the warmth a bit.   Ended up with 3.2 miles and then did some post-run stretching and core exercises.   We don't usually get into the 90s around here until June.  If this keeps up I may have to become a morning runner for the season earlier than planned.

Our temps through the weekend...not too bad, but unusually hot for this time of year.  This does not bode well for what our summer temps will probably be like.....how many 100+ degree days will we get this summer?

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

38 degrees is too darn cold for me LRB!  It may be getting warm around where I am but I'll still take 90 over 38.

Congrats on your miles in tough conditions, Phil.  When does your taper officially start?

Fun muddy run, nice FreeSoul!  Maybe you and Rocky can do one of those Mud Run events someday.  Do they allow dogs in those?  That would be cool, if so.  I bet Rocky would kick butt!

Good luck with the 11, Lily.  How is your new government working out?  I heard Rob whats-his-name - that mayor guy - wants to run for PM now.

Sorry about your run being cut short, D2.  Good luck with your miles later.

Congrats on getting into the Paris Marathon, Damaris!  When you run there just don't go In Seine.     How did your 12 miles go yesterday?

Hope your post-frappe miles went well, Basya!  Bet your kids missed you too.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

8 miles early this morning. Another beautiful day in the Keys. Heading out to breakfast to a place advertising their Key Lime muffins. Really they have Key Lime everything down here.

Dave

From the Internet.

Morning dailies! Never made it to they gym yesterday so I'll get there at some point today, running with friends again tomorrow. Probably should get some work done now so I actually have time for the gym later. Have a good day everyone!

B-Plus

Fartlekking later tonight. Was planning for a double but the snooze button won the battle.

delicate flower

Congrats on your miles in tough conditions, Phil.  When does your taper officially start?

Next Saturday after my 22 miler.  Three week taper will go something like 50, 40, 30 miles.

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I don't think they do Scotty, I know during preview runs of race course here on the trails they'll allow you to bring your dog but not during the races. Besides, Rocky would never finish.... he would be way too busy saying hello to every single person and then reintroducing himself 2 or 3 more times. Sometimes I think he is way too friendly lol. By the way, glad I'm not seeing those temps yet.

Basya - it was a very nice run but one situation reminded me I need to take Rocky in for his shots soon. He went after a Opossum and was basically nose to nose with it before coming back to me, luckily those guys aren't really aggressive but had it been a Raccoon.......... oh boy. I don't think Rocky would have attacked it, but I also don't think it wanted to say hi.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Happy Wednesday everyone,

I'm taking a comp day since I've put in so much overtime lately. I'm finally tackling the mountain of laundry that's piled up and getting around to some other things that have gone begging amidst all the busyness. On Monday I prepared one of our raised beds for planting. Today I'll tackle our other one. All that weeding and digging is some serious cross-training!

I got 4 miles in yesterday with some quarter mile repeats. That was the first speed work I've done since I trained for my last half. It felt good to get the legs moving again. Today, I'll head out for 5-6 along one of the greenways.

Hope everyone has a great day!