Beginners and Beyond

Avast Ye Penguins, Tis Friday (Read 21 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

"Methinks that the moment my legs began to move, my thoughts began to flow."

-Henry David Thoreau

Bin Running

Morning PAD.. and the rest that check in later..

4M done in the AM before poo monster stuck.. I guess by now you guys know I get this often..

F1 weekend but I am not going.. Not really a fan of fast car.. Haze is coming but I guess outdoor running is still possible.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

PADRunner

Ahoy Matey's, made haste with 4 on this early morn.

on my way to badass

Is it "Talk like a pirate" day? Thanks for starting us off PAD. Hiya Bin! Rest day. Having coffee then house work and grocery shopping. Woo hoo!

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Yo Ho, Pengs !!!!   Short run like a Pirate for us, then on to Wrigley Field.

Have a great weekend eve.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Happy Friday, Pens.

Jerry: Have fun at Wrigley! That's on my to do list. Smile

I will likely get four miles in tonight. Nice and easy for the the next four weeks, at least. DD has an XC meet tomorrow so we will go to that.

hog4life

Packet pickup with a little sight seeing and shopping.

Zelanie

Ahoy penguins!

I didn't run last night.  My hip that bothered me on my run was hurting all day, and I just didn't feel like it.  I'm cutting back way more and way earlier than I "should", but oh well. Smile  I rolled and rolled last night, and feel much better today.  I'll probably run 10.

Bin- It happens to me all the time too. Sad  I usually just run places where I know I can stop, and then keep going, or I'd never get any miles in at all.

PAD- Love the quote today!  Nice job with the 4.

SF- Enjoy the RD!

Jerry- If you run like a pirate, are you going to be robbing people?  Or only if they have gold doubloons?

Jack- Good luck to DD!

Mitch- Have fun!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning, fellow Pirates!  Pilates and 6 today.  Argh!

Good luck, Mitch!

Damaris

Brilliant

Good morning Penguins!

Nice 4 miles, PAD and Bin.  Sorry about your um, interruption, Bin.

StoneFence, it sounds like a low key day, enjoy it!

Jack & Damaris, happy running later.

Zel, I hope your hip feels great during your 10 miles.

Jerry, have fun!

Mitch, sounds like a fun day!

Rest day for me.  I'm taking a hike this afternoon with the kids from the afterschool program I volunteer in.  I expect to be able to keep up with them but let's hope nobody jumps in the lake. Smile

Some of you asked about my trip.  No, we didn't hike to Macchu Pichu, we took the train.  But there were so many steps I thought I'd die!  (remember it's on a mountainside).  Then over the next few days we explored other ruins in the Sacred Valley which were at a much higher elevation.  Macchu Pichu is only about mile high; the others were at 8k-11k feet!.  I just tried to remember to keep breathing.  It was a great trip.

From the Internet.

Morning pens! 20 minute tempo this morning - 2.5 miles on the nose, 6.5 total with warmup and cooldown. I only have to survive 3 more workouts before race day! Big grin

Bin Running

Brilliant, Macchu Pichu is on my bucket list. Hope I get to see it one day.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Rest day for me.  Just picked up my packet for my 5K on Sunday and am now eating lunch....a nicey, gooey, and very good ham&cheese omelet from IHOP.

Today is National Pirate Day...how does a pirate stop being a pirate?  He uses the Patch...

Congrats on your 4, PAD.

Sorry about the Poo Monster, Bin!

House work does not sound like a rest day to me, StoneFence.  Log it as x-training!

Go Cubbies!  Have fun, Jerry!

Good luck to your DD, Jack, at the meet tomorrow.

Good luck with your race, Mitch!  Sight-seeing?  At a packet pickup?

Sorry about the hip, Zelanie.  Glad the rolling helped it.

Hope you had fun with the kids, Brilliant.  Nice trip to Peru!  Fresh air, beautiful scenery, and lots of exercise.

Good luck with the race, Lauren!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Morning, fellow Pirates!  Pilates Pirates and 6 today.  Argh!  

Good luck, Mitch!

FYP, considering the day! 

Good luck with the miles, matie!   Or  should that be matie-ess?

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Robert31320

Team TJ

2.1 miles at lunch.  I hadn't eaten anything since about 3 pm yesterday and was just plain out of gas.  Th run was a struggle so I calls it and got something to eat.  Looking flare to slightly color temps this wined.

Running for TJ because he can't.