Beginners and Beyond

FRIDAILIES have it all - shoes, boots, legs, and abs! (Read 255 times)

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD! 

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners (from injury, to running, to RA). We're all a little crazy here too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up and stay awhile (not literally)! And whoever’s up first is welcome to start the thread (and we definitely keep some weird hours around here

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Weezer88

Wink  Cold, rainy and windy outside so I'm reacquainting myself with my TM today.  Normally I would brave the weather but I'm just not feeling it today.

LRB - do you have the coffee on yet?  I'll need the largest cup you have!

Have a GREAT Friday everyone!

I AM WEEZER.

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Good Morning Dailies! Coffee is a brewin'!

Yesterday was a complete rest day except for some cork pulls and wine glass curls! Today will be my usual gym routine followed up with  some stationary bike.

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

@runjerseygirl

I'm hoping for 4 today, but it looks like it's going to be a very cold, rainy day.  I don't know if I'll be able to brave the weather.

Do you even run?

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I ran 4 miles with DH  last night who was kind enough to slow for me. It was nice. There is though a discrepancy in our garmin paces with his saying we were 30 seconds per mile faster. but his is set for auto pause where mine isn't and we did get stopped by traffic. However, I like his data better.

Today is a rest day.

Hope you have a great day.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 5-6 miles tonight.  Looking forward to sleeping late-ish tomorrow before doing packet pickup.

Gustav, rest day and wine.  Awesome combo.

David, enjoy the TM, if you can.

Kay, be a bad ass, go outside!  Enjoy the run.

Lori, nice 4.

Have a nice day!  Contrary to yesterday, I think (knock on wood) this day will be quieter at the office.  Somebody better bring donuts.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

I did an easy 4 last night. Today is a rest day. Work and then more work and then house cleaning. In other words....same old stuff without the running.
                Robert31320

Team TJ

I got my 4.3 miles done for the day.  Nice cool breeze this morning.

Happy Friday.

Here's a running song of the day for your listening enjoyment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuwWvPGul3o

Running for TJ because he can't.

delicate flower

Whatcha say there, eRunners!?  Happy Friday!  This day can't end soon enough!  I'm with Weezer on the weather today...supposed to be 30's and rain.  NO THANKS.  It looks like another treadmill day for this weather wimp.  I did get out for a more traditional OUTDOOR run yesterday.  8.17 easy miles at 9:10 pace.  I felt really good after trashing my legs Wednesday.  I was surprised I didn't hurt more. 

I'm looking forward to the weekend even though we really don't have all that much planned.  I guess that's why I'm looking forward to it.

Enjoy your Fridays!   

<3

SUSchnauzer

Run Long, Hard, and Fast

Good morning fellow runners! I already had my coffee this morning. We buy a big bag of Dunkin Donuts coffee from the local wholesale club. I check the RW BF once in a while. This morning they have spam again. Has Moth come over here yet? 

Last night I ran 5 miles @ 7:39 by feel, only checking my mile splits. The 5th mile didn't feel like 7:02. It felt much slower so I was a little surprised by that one. I am getting my speed back which is nice. My legs feel fine. I have had only normal mild soreness... the kind that is gone by the morning.

Today my new Boston 3 running shoes come in the mail. My current pair has 350 miles on it. They still have another 50 miles or so. I am getting good wear out of them, especially at my current weight of 180 pounds.

Splits (GPS Interval)
                       TypeDistance Split settingsDurationTotal DurationPaceAvg HRMax HRNotes
                      1 Interval 1 mi 8:20.99 8:20.99 8:21      
                      2 Interval 1 mi 7:53.62 16:14.61 7:54      
                      3 Interval 1 mi 7:36.69 23:51.30 7:37      
                      4 Interval 1 mi 7:23.23 31:14.53 7:24      
                      5 Interval 1 mi 7:02.30 38:16.83 7:03      
                      6 Interval 0.01 mi 0:03.25 38:20.08 5:25    

Have a great day! Run long hard, and fast! God bless you all!

Weezer, have a great TM run. Gustav, enjoy your gym time. Kay, I hope you can make it outside today. Lori, enjoy your rest day. Damaris, enjoy your 5-6. Robert, excellent job getting it done already. Baboon, I hope your TM workout turns out to not be drudgery. SUSchnauzer, I'm happy you're feeling better and you like your new kicksSmile
                        happylily

Very cool shoes!

Good morning!

10 easy tonight. Have a great day!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

3.50 VFF miles done in 34:35. 9:53 pace. It felt nice an easy the whole way. I'm very happy because I remember when I couldn't run half a mile, let alone 3.50. Abs are also done. Have a great day, everyone!
                            runmomto3boys

More resting for me today!  I need it!

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

8 miles @ 7:51/mile done, loving that the cold has come back, it shouldn't be that warm in December!  Looking forward to my long run tomorrow, missed it last weekend.  Looking for at least 20, maybe a lil more, we'll see how it goes.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!