Beginners and Beyond

**Updated with results in OP** This girl is on fire! (5k RR w/ pics and a PR) (Read 689 times)

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Yay!!! Congrats Kay!! Sub-30 is fantastic!
    tracilynn

Nice!

I get bad headaches if I dont have my daily caffeine fix.  Addicted.  

Nice splits too

~~~~~~~

Traci

hog4life

Kay, congrats on the PR. It looks like you had a great day, and thanks for sharing.

Great job Kay, congrats on the new PR.

Zelanie

Congratulations on the sub-30!  Way to go!  And what a kick at the end!

@runjerseygirl

Hey, already Sub 30. Good job, KPS. Now go gift me a land permit and shit. 

Sure thing!  Smile

Do you even run?

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

I knew you would do it! Congrats on the PR!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

You meet the best friends at races!

Congrats! Looking at those splits I think you need to start just a wee bit faster. Did you get enough of a warm up with the temps being a little chilly?

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

@runjerseygirl

You meet the best friends at races!

Congrats! Looking at those splits I think you need to start just a wee bit faster. Did you get enough of a warm up with the temps being a little chilly?

There really wasn't any space to warm up, so I started this one cold.  I'm always worried about starting too fast, so I try to go slow in the beginning.  You think I'm being too conservative?

Do you even run?

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

There really wasn't any space to warm up, so I started this one cold.  I'm always worried about starting too fast, so I try to go slow in the beginning.  You think I'm being too conservative?

Definitely too conservative. Also the colder it is the more important the warm-up. I thought you said the race was very small, so I don't understand why there wasn't any space to warm-up. At the very least you could have jogged the last mile of the course and back, which would also help familiarize you with the finish and when to start your kick.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Pinktastic

Way to go, Kay!!  You totally ROCKED that race!!   Love your new avatar!  That's what I picture when I read your comments - a smiling, happy, bubbly person.   

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

@runjerseygirl

Definitely too conservative. Also the colder it is the more important the warm-up. I thought you said the race was very small, so I don't understand why there wasn't any space to warm-up. At the very least you could have jogged the last mile of the course and back, which would also help familiarize you with the finish and when to start your kick.

I guess because it was mostly throughout the neighborhood, I felt like there wasn't anywhere close to the starting venue to warm up.  Any more than 100 yards or so, and I wouldn't even be able to see the start.  I guess you're right, though.  I probably would have had a better time if I had warmed up.  Lesson learned, and all that.  I'll be keeping that in mind for my next race.  Thank you!

Do you even run?

@runjerseygirl

And thanks for the avatar comments. Smile

Do you even run?

Jess runs for bacon

LRB is right on the caffeine withdrawal. If I don't drink any, I get headaches. I always have a cup before a race (usually iced, it seems to get me moving. Only problem is it makes me have to pee like crazy. I've stopped drinking them before halfs since bathrooms seem to be a premium at those).

Congrats on the sub-30 PR!!!

Better I Leave

Wow...Nice job there Kay! Smile