Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies: The Winter Games (Read 39 times)

Morning!

Drinking coffee & watching USA vs. Russia hockey.

Unseasonably warm in Sochi, no such luck here. Currently 3F with -11F windchill. But it hasn't snowed here in a while, and there's actually some bare pavement out there. So will wait for it to warm up a few degrees & get out there for my own personal winter games.

Have a great day everyone!

Dave

LRB

'Sup D!

It was pretty bizarre to watch the temps drop from the 20's late last night to the single digits this morning.  But yeah, meanwhile over in Russia the snow is melting and screwing up the slopes!

But alas, this mornings low temps should be the last of the single digits we see around here for awhile so there is that.  That does not however, make me want to rush out and run in the stupid crap so here I sit waiting to grow a pair. 

Hip Redux

Wallowing a bit less in self-pity today.

Want to try to get out and snow shoe.  With the MRA and drs appts, I haven't done a damn thing all week and I need to get out before I go totally bonkers.

LRB

Want to try to get out and snow shoe.  With the MRA and drs appts, I haven't done a damn thing all week and I need to get out before I go totally bonkers.

I can imagine.  And the last thing you want to do is start packing on the L B's.

Hip Redux

I can imagine.  And the last thing you want to do is start packing on the L B's.

lol

True.  I would like to keep my svelte figure through this mess.  

LRB

Actually, eating half your weight a day may be fun and therapeutic at this point!

Hip Redux

Actually, eating half your weight a day may be fun and therapeutic at this point!

Don't tempt me!   Actually, I am sort of a weird emotional eater.  When really upset, I lose my appetite.  When things start to resolve, I eat everything in sight.

So right now, I'm not eating much.   In a few days when I start to feel better about things, watch out!

MBC pointed out that ARod also had the same injury:  Link   Does that mean I get to have PEDs in my rehab?  I'd like to come out of this Baboon-fast.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  SRD # 2.  Waiting for the doctor to do his rounds so I can go home.  At least I ate breakfast without puking (big problem yesterday).

Have a great day.

Damaris

Robert31320

Team TJ

Good morning Dailies!

I haven't been around in quite a while but have continued running.  Way more consistent these days, finally.  Looking forward racing again soon of some distance (yet to be determined).

Have a great day.

Running for TJ because he can't.

LRB

Morning!  SRD # 2.  Waiting for the doctor to do his rounds so I can go home.

Ah yes, home is where the running gear heart is.  Heal well!

Supp Rob!

Don't tempt me!   Actually, I am sort of a weird emotional eater.  When really upset, I lose my appetite.  When things start to resolve, I eat everything in sight.

So right now, I'm not eating much.   In a few days when I start to feel better about things, watch out!

MBC pointed out that ARod also had the same injury:  Link   Does that mean I get to have PEDs in my rehab?  I'd like to come out of this Baboon-fast.

It only means you need to file a lawsuit against everyone you can think of, then eventually give up & just take the year off.

And wouldn't we all like to be Baboon-fast.

And by the way, I am also pretty much a stress non-eater. However lately I am eating nonstop, driving DW crazy because she says it's like having a teenage boy in the house.

Dave

Hip Redux

It only means you need to file a lawsuit against everyone you can think of, then eventually give up & just take the year off.

And wouldn't we all like to be Baboon-fast.

And by the way, I am also pretty much a stress non-eater. However lately I am eating nonstop, driving DW crazy because she says it's like having a teenage boy in the house.

You're running a lot, that'll do it!

First part of becoming ARod - need to find someone to pay me millions of dollars.    Hmmm.

LRB

So will wait for it to warm up a few degrees & get out there for my own personal winter games.

Do not let the sunshine fool ya, it is colder than a bitch out there!  And of course, I am off to run in it!  

outoftheblue

It's  pleasant 50 degrees out, so after coffee and yogurt, I'll drive out to the park for my long run.  I'm glad this is the final, peak mileage week for Pfitz as my legs keep asking when they can have another rest day.

Dave -- Brrrr.  bundle up!

LRB -- See above.

Oski -- Hope things turn around (and heal up) for you soon.   I'm the same way about eating.  I lose all appetite when I'm stressed or unhappy.

Damaris -- Yay! you get to go home today.  Glad you are eating and already on the mend.

Robert -- Welcome back!

Life is good.

delicate flower

WHAT IT DO!

15 mile sentence on the treadmill completed!  7:53 avg pace.  I mixed in 5 miles at GMP.  The friggin gym treadmills don't get MSNBC, so I was limited to watching the hockey game on the Olympics app on my phone.  Kind of tough to watch a hockey game on a phone.  Anywho, good run.

The key to coming out of surgery and rehab without getting fat is to hope people don't send you get well food.  FYI, I gained 10 pounds.  

<3