Beginners and Beyond

The Dallas Marathon has been cancelled (Read 110 times)

Pinktastic

In the interest of public safety, they just announced that the Dallas Marathon has been cancelled.   Wow!    Based on the ice here and the forecast for continuous freezing weather and more sleet / snow, I can understand their decision, but it is heartbreaking for runners.

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Docket_Rocket

I was expected them to, based on how bad the conditions are there.

Sorry for those that will be missing it.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

catwhoorg

Labrat

Will not be the only race cancelled, and it is for good reason.

Sorry to those missing out.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

PADRunner

^%#@&* Then there's Cowtown 2/23/14

Pinktastic

I've done both the Dallas Half and the Cowtown Half, PAD, and I have to say that I enjoyed Cowtown more.   If you can run that one, go for it!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

yup, PAD... yup...  not pleased a'tal.

Looking for a decently sized HM to replace, Cowtown is a very good one, but its in late Feb.  I suppose the benefit is 8 more weeks of training...

Love the Half

I have never had a race cancelled on me but I'm sure it will happen one of these days.  It sucks but I understand why it has to be done.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

tracilynn

That sucks big time Undecided

~~~~~~~

Traci

on my way to badass

So sorry for everyone that was planning and training. Having been through a big ice storm ('91, no power for 12 days), I have to say it is for the best. Fingers crossed for everyone's safety.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

PADRunner

yup, PAD... yup...  not pleased a'tal.

Looking for a decently sized HM to replace, Cowtown is a very good one, but its in late Feb.  I suppose the benefit is 8 more weeks of training...

Saw one in Temple next weekend, and New years double in Allen. Not sure how big they will be. Then the Texas Half in Irving 2/2.

8 weeks in the middle of winter. It was already getting hard to get the wo's in for Dallas.

LRB

Based on the ice here and the forecast for continuous freezing weather and more sleet / snow...

We are talking about Texas are we not?  What in the hell is going on that it is "freezing" in Texas?!

workinprogress11

Sorry to those who were planning on running it.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

They just canceled the Run Rudolph Run 5k tomorrow - well they moved it to next Saturday. I had no plans of running it but since we're posting about canceled races I figured I'd post about it.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

We are talking about Texas are we not?  What in the hell is going on that it is "freezing" in Texas?!

LRB,

It is not actually uncommon here. As is common in Texas next week will probably be 80 followed by anther week or two of moderate cool, then some freezing and maybe some snow in late January/ Feb.

If you want 2 seasons:  Hot or Fucked up, North Texas is the place to be.

LRB

LRB,

It is not actually uncommon here. As is common in Texas next week will probably be 80 followed by anther week or two of moderate cool, then some freezing and maybe some snow in late January/ Feb.

If you want 2 seasons:  Hot or Fucked up, North Texas is the place to be.

Interesting.  Apparently I am like the only person on the internet who does not know about the cold weather blowing across the country!  Which is ironic because there was a time when I knew everything that was going on.