Beginners and Beyond

Man its the end of the year and your not going to make your mileage goal its ok to be lazy right (Read 409 times)

sirdizzy

Right Right Right

Man I am tired and I really should go for run after work or even better yet a swim (missed my last 2 Friday swims because of the lap pool being closed for swim meets) but man all I want to do is go home and take a nap.

Someone talk me into being lazy Smile

sugnim

You know you will feel better once you start running or swimming.  You can have your nap afterward.

YAYpril - B-Plus

I'm 38 miles from my goal. I will kick myself if I fall short so no lazying for me. Get out there and run, dude.
        cmb4314

I didn't have a goal, until I looked at my log and saw that if I follow my training plan as written, I will be at 1598 miles on 12/30. So naturally, I now have to run at least 2 miles on 12/31 to pass the 1600 mile mark.

My wildly inconsistent PRs:

5k: 24:36 (10/20/12)  

10k: 52:01 (4/28/12)  

HM: 1:50:09 (10/27/12)

Marathon: 4:19:11 (10/2/2011) 

xor

It is kind of fun to look at the two numbers on the forum page... number of replies and number of views. 

A lot of times, the ratio is 1:10 or 1:7 or something like that.  It comes down to a variety of factors.

This thread, as I post this, is more like 1:25.

HA.

sirdizzy

You know you will feel better once you start running or swimming.  You can have your nap afterward.

Ok you talked me into it I went for a swim, running I don't care about the numbers right now my swims are critical until the half ironman in May.  Was just going to 40 laps or 1000 meters then for some reason I was feeling so good I was like ok we'll do 50 laps then it turned into 60 laps 1500 meters.  And it was my fastest 1500 meters ever go figure.

Sharz96

I'm way, way off my mileage goal.  It was 800 and I'll be at about 525.  10 weeks Aug-Oct at 10% of the mileage I planned killed that goal.  But I'm not at all tempted to be lazy right now.  I'm going strong, excited about 2013, and I plan to do my first 25 mile week the first week of Jan, and that means staying on schedule for the next two weeks to get there.  Nope, I'm not at ALL tempted ,

Mmmmm...beer

I didn't have a goal, since I just started running this year.  But I will say that I have logged way more miles than I thought I would/could.  Should be able to put up some good #s next year. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

sugnim

Ok you talked me into it I went for a swim, running I don't care about the numbers right now my swims are critical until the half ironman in May.  Was just going to 40 laps or 1000 meters then for some reason I was feeling so good I was like ok we'll do 50 laps then it turned into 60 laps 1500 meters.  And it was my fastest 1500 meters ever go figure.

You're easily persuaded!  Glad you had a great swim.   

sirdizzy

Oh I already broke 1600 miles for the year running more than last year so I am good with running numbers, my goal was 1750 I should end up around 1700 or so an extra 5 or 6 tonight would make no difference in the grand scheme of things but swimming is critical right now, had I not missed my last 2 Friday swims and will be missing this Fridays because of the work Christmas party I would have very likely been lazy.  I might still try and get this Fridays in anyways.