Beginners and Beyond

Monday Penguins It's Time To Put One Foot In Front Of The Other (Read 201 times)

Docket_Rocket

Traci, sorry you're still sick.

Lauren, hope the recovery goes well.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Unscheduled meeting = URD.  Thought this was a retirement job.  Really need to retire !!!!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Scotty, that is a lot of racing. Maybe try for 1/wk for 52 on the year. With the increase if 5%, won't that kin of make it worse if you stop moving so much.

I live in Bama, but I'm not really a die hard fan of them. I have to work 6pm-6am tonight, so I wont be watching. I'm heading to hospital for CT scan as part of my follow up and then hope to run 6-7 before I need to take a nap.

Oh, she wants me to keep moving, just less racing cuz I tend to push myself the last mile or so when  I race.  Yeah, that was what I was thinking, maybe just shoot for around 52 races this year, be a bit more selective.  Well, we shall see.  Trouble is, I like the"socialness" of doing all those races, lol, being with all my buds, so I tend to get carried away and sign up for a lot.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Jen2011

SRD for me today.  DH and DS wound up sick yesterday - not sure if it was a stomach bug or food poisoning.  If it was a bug, I'm praying DD and I don't catch it!  The lack of sleep from being up most of the night with them is finally catching up with me.  I think I'm going to call it an early night.  Have a good evening Penguins!

Jen

Upcoming races:

Covenant Health Knoxville 5K 4/7/13 (and cheering on DH for his 1st Marathon!!)

Rock and Roll Chicago Half Marathon 7/21/13

Tower of Terror Ten Miler 10/5/13

Dad on the run.

6 miles as planned! Felt amazing. Legs are really feeling it though after being sick for so long.

Can't wait for the BCS Bowl to start! We are having paleo pancakes (made with coconut flour) with 100% maple syrup, roasted pecans, bacon for supper and some sweet potato fries for a snack during the game Smile

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

GinnyinPA

I intended to run on the TM as there's still a lot of snow on the ground and, since there are no sidewalks around here, I end up jumping into the snow every time a car passes, but the sun was finally shining so I couldn't resist.  It's only my second time outside since I started running again post-injury in November. (I was out for 9 months with a pelvic sfx.)  I've been sticking to the TM because of the softer surface and the many hills around my house.  I was slow, and had a hard time breathing when going up the hills, but it felt really good to be able to run almost 4 miles outdoors.  I had intended to only do 3 today, but felt so good at the 2 1/2 point I detoured to stretch it out a bit.  Weather is supposed to be unusually warm this week, so I think this won't be my only outdoor run this week.

Tori Runs in PA

Pittsburgh RN!

Hi Ginny! GLad you got out! What part of PA are you in?  I am about  30 miles N of Pittsburgh!

I intended to run on the TM as there's still a lot of snow on the ground and, since there are no sidewalks around here, I end up jumping into the snow every time a car passes, but the sun was finally shining so I couldn't resist.  It's only my second time outside since I started running again post-injury in November. (I was out for 9 months with a pelvic sfx.)  I've been sticking to the TM because of the softer surface and the many hills around my house.  I was slow, and had a hard time breathing when going up the hills, but it felt really good to be able to run almost 4 miles outdoors.  I had intended to only do 3 today, but felt so good at the 2 1/2 point I detoured to stretch it out a bit.  Weather is supposed to be unusually warm this week, so I think this won't be my only outdoor run this week.

Do or do not, there is no try. 

My first races EVER! 

Saxonburg Distance Series 5KRaces: 

#1: 7-14-2012 Cross Country Crusade 5K: 42:50 

#2: 8-11-2012 Roebling's Run 5K: 38:54

#3: 9-8-2012 Festival of the Arts 5K: 36:37

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Nice run Ginny! We have a few "in PA" penguins!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

SheCan

Ginny, being inside all the time would drive me nuts.  Glad you had some more cooperative running weather!  Got my fingers crossed that you'll get more outside runs in.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

KaraInSavannah

Runs the streets

Checking in! Scotty- that's not great news! Sorry to hear that!

I'm running, been dealing with peroneal tendonitis, but running! Hope you all are well. And...roll damn tide.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Yay Kara! Nice to hear from you

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

GinnyinPA

Hi Ginny! GLad you got out! What part of PA are you in?  I am about  30 miles N of Pittsburgh!

I'm in Chambersburg.