Beginners and Beyond

The DAILIES: Where everybody knows your name (Read 48 times)

LRB

Yo!

Looks like the toaster oven will be on around these parts for the next week or so as the temps climb into the high 80's.  That's not Scotty or Damaris hot of course but it's Ricky fuckin Rick hot!

As a result there are gonna be some drenched morning runs for the kid and I ain't talking about rain.  lol

No running for me today but I do plan some strength work in the form of pushups and pull ups here in a bit. I have not been doing much resistance work since beginning my red cord program last month but it's time to get back at it and incorporate the two.

Well that's it for me, what about you?

Just B.S.

Since we raced and swam (instead of cycling)  yesterday, because it downpoured the rest of the day, cycling

Is today with a run after.

35 miles on the bikes followed by a 30 minute run.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  6-9 miles tonight.  Chest is congested so I am having an asthma episode.  Hope it passes quickly.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Good Monday morning, folks.

Rick, thank you for starting today's thread. Enjoy strength work.

Beth, have fun riding and running.

Damaris, feel well soon.

Today will be my first run in a week. I'm thinking seven miles. On the TM.

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

Normally a week off from running would drive me insane, but luckily I was already planning to visit my brother and spend the week on the lake, so the timing could not have been more perfect (if there is such a thing as a perfect time to get injured lol).  So instead of the past week being spent whining about not running, it was filled with this:

And of course, this:

And somehow, I managed to not gain any weight.  Now that's a good week off from running.

Did 8 miles this morning and the ankle felt great, not even a twinge.  Four more weeks of base building, then I start the Pfitz 18/70 plan on July 13th. Smile

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

delicate flower

Hello and good morning!  Weekends are too short, even when you take Friday off.  Wife and I had a great weekend.  I ran 23 miles between Saturday and Sunday, including my 11th half marathon.  Good times.  All of that time away from the house meant for limited time on the internet.  Looks like I have a million race reports to get to.

I've got an easy run planned after work today.  It's going to be a hot one.

<3

LRB

No running for me today but I do plan some strength work in the form of pushups and pull ups here in a bit.

Got in four sets of each and finished off with some dumbbell curls and bench dips to flush the arms out real good.

Now I am off to work, be back to play in a bit!

StepbyStep-SH

LRB - Hope the heat isn't too hard on you.
                  Basya - Welcome back to the dailies!
                  D2 - That's the way to take a break from running! Glad the ankle was good today.
                  Beth - Have a great workout. 35 miles on a bike would do me in.
                  Damaris - Hope the lungs cooperate.
                  Baboon - Solid weekend of running!

8.15 miles this morning with 8x strides mixed into the last three miles. Busy day, which it sounds like will capped off with severe thunderstorms including possibilities of large hail, damaging winds and heavy rain. Joy. I just hope I am home with my car in the garage and my container garden pulled up close to the house for protection.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Rest day, bringing this to an end:

Never really tried to run more than 6 straight days before this.

We'll see how my knee does tomorrow, the suspense is killing me. 

Dave

happylily

Congrats on the streak, Dave! Next time, make it 30 days! I don't think I've run more than 12 consecutive days myself... 27 is great!

Did 20 minutes stretching, 20 minutes arms, 100 push-ups and 100 sit-ups (4x25), and 20 minutes legs. I'm gonna get back my old strong body even if it kills me. Enough with that puny runner's body. But... I'm thinking about starting the Hanson's 20 week 60-80 mile plan tomorrow, in time for the New York City marathon. I'm just itching... The Hanson's plan starts with 3 weeks of easy running to build a base. That could serve me as a recovery period from my spring training.

We've arrived on the island. It's about 45F here today. Windy and rainy. This place is an iceberg 10 months out of the year. But we have work to do, we're opening our cottages for the summer. So weather won't really matter to us this week. I may have to join a gym to get a few runs in, though. 45F and rain is too cold for me. I'm delicate. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Push ups, ab strengthening... I think that is it for today. Temps are going to be in the 90's this week, yay... and I think some stormy weather so that might be nice if it were just rain.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Hmm, I think my longest streak was 20 days and 190 something miles.  Not likely to break that this year and I am okay with that.

Docket_Rocket

I don't like streaks.  My life gets too complicated somehow and I always srew the streaks up.

We went from sunny, to hurricane weather, to sunny in less than 30 minutes.  Going out for lunch will be fun.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

16 done - 74F - 71 dewpoint.   I am a soggy mofo and tired...    now to start the day.

Zelanie

Morning!  I'm moving everything up by a day this week, since I'm not going to be able to run on Sunday (the day I get in to Costa Rica!).

So, tonight is my track workout.  It would be 8 x 600s, but since my watch isn't set to metric, the best I can do is .4 intervals.  Still with 400 m recoveries.

LRB- Good luck with the strength work today!

Beth- Enjoy the ride today!

D- Hope the chest improves quickly.  I can't wait until I have to get used to that kind of weather too.

Basya- Hope the first run back goes well!

D2- Looks like a great time!  And I see that you've been working on the abs a bit too. Smile

Phil- Sounds like a great weekend!  I hope to get caught up on your report (and some others) too!

Step- Hope the storm isn't too severe out there!

DaveP- I am really, really hoping that the knee thing was a fluke and it will feel fine for you.

Lily- I am really happy with Hanson's for myself so far.  Their chart with the different pace levels for each run might help to avoid the temptation to overrun some of the workouts.

FS- Hope it's not to stormy for you either!

Slymoon- Nice run!