Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies now wake up (Read 38 times)

delicate flower

Game Day.

Whatever you do today, give it hell.

<3

LRB

Good luck yo!

Just a few mile repeats for me.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

The Indianapolis Monumental is only 3 weeks away as of today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rocky and I got 4.8 miles in this morning, I am hoping and praying that the weather tomorrow morning will allow me to get my last 18-20 miles in before the TAPER.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Cyberic

Ran an easy 6 yesterday. My first enjoyable run since my race. Finally! I had to kick my own ass to get out, started running and started working on my form (kick the heels higher) and after maybe 3 miles I started to enjoy my run. Yeah! Today, an easy 10 probably. Just to enjoy running.

Happy Saturday!

Good luck Babooooon! Beat that thing into submission & make it give up a PR.

Run in a bit, to test out my knee boo-boo.

Dave

runninggirl30

Good luck today Phil!!!!

Good luck tomorrow Damaris!!!!!!!

I'm planning on a LR of 5 this morning.  We'll see how that goes, I'm actually still sore.  It's foggy now and I got to sleep in this morning as there were no kids to wake me up.  Going out in a little bit.   Going in to work later.

Have a good Saturdaily!

LRB

Just checked the weather, it's 37 degrees out.  Where'd the hell did that come from.  lol

Oh well, no time like the present!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.1 for me. Now errands etc

Marjorie

Just checked the weather, it's 37 degrees out.  Where'd the hell did that come from.  lol

Oh well, no time like the present!

36 for me, and +1.

Dave

happylily

Just a quick word of encouragement for Baboon and Damaris. Good luck, guys! Damaris, I checked the Chicago weather for tomorrow and it looks like a beautiful sunny and cool day. 8*C and full sun at the start and 13*C at 12 p.m., with a bit of clouds by then. Couldn't be more perfect. Hopefully Phil has some of the same. Run strong, guys!

I have 16 miles once the Borg device comes off of me this afternoon.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Zelanie

Sounds like congratulations are in order for Phil.

Good luck tomorrow, Damaris!

I was up early to drop DD off for a robotics tournament, and I am heading up there later today to watch.  Oh, and SRD #6.

Baboon's a happy camper right now!

I am not so much. 5 miles with my knee being very painful the whole time. Kept going just to see if it would get better after warming up; it did not. And now shin pain, too, WTF? Is that real or is it taper? The knee is definitely real, it just better heal up fast. Ugh.

Dave

LRB

Track workout is done: 3 x 1 mile w/ 2 minute rests, 8 miles total.

Now my day can start! 

LRB

I am not so much. 5 miles with my knee being very painful the whole time. Kept going just to see if it would get better after warming up; it did not. And now shin pain, too, WTF? Is that real or is it taper? The knee is definitely real, it just better heal up fast. Ugh.

It was probably a good stimulus if nothing else to get blood flow to the area.  Tomorrow (and possibly Monday) might be a good day to take off and let it calm down.  You can run short the rest of the week and still win your marathon.

Good luck bro, I know what it means to you.

Cyberic

Baboon's a happy camper right now!

That has got to heal soon.

Hope Baboon is doing good.

Good luck tomorrow Damaris!