Beginners and Beyond

Opening Ceremony to the weekend Fridailies (Read 44 times)

Just B.S.

Morning sleepy heads or those already out and about.

Hubby and I headed to the pool for 1,200 yards before work. It will likely be very

sombre amongst the swimmimg folk today.

Enjoy your day.

LRB

'Sup B!

I am just sittin' here chilling, drinking coffee enjoying some quiet time.  I will be braving the sub-0 wind chills soon enough however for some strength work and a short run before work.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Morning all!  Heading out to meet a friend for her workout.  It's kinda fun:  6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 minutes, all progressively faster (recoveries at 1 minute).  It'll total about 8 miles.

No run for me last night, but did finally make it back to yoga after being sick.  It was definitely a workout after missing a few weeks.

Beth...Hope the swim workout goes okay

LRB...I'm right with ya on the temps.  It's 0 here at the moment, and about -15 with the wind chill.  Have a good workout.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

delicate flower

WHERE IT DO THERE, ACE OF CLUBS!  7 on the treadmill last night at 8:15 pace.  It's taken a week but my legs are finally getting some life back.  More treadmill tonight, then a LR tomorrow morning which will most likely also be on the treadmill.  Treadmill, treadmill, treadmill.

Friday in the office....hopefully it'll be a quiet one.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Some miles tonight.

Beth, LRB, Baboon, SIAR, have a great day!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Morning all.

I slept like a log last night, for the first time in quite a while. At least until the 5:00 treadmill alarm went off. 7 miles.

I have been inside all week, I REALLY need to get outside this weekend. Although tomorrow 7AM is expected to be 0/-15, exactly the same as it is right now. Harumph.

Have a happy Friday everyone.

Dave

happylily

Good morning!

Beth, I'm still thinking about this poor friend of yours who passed away. Life is so fleeting... We really must enjoy every moment of it, be it in the cold, the heat, on a TM, at work, or whatever.

kristin, fingers crossed that your cousin's wife is stronger today for her surgery.

Damaris, how did you enjoy riding your new and solid piece of equipment, last night?

Today is opening ceremonies at the Olympics and I plan on watching them with the kids at daycare. They are 3 and 4 years old and I think it's a great opportunity for them to learn about the concept of many nations, different languages, geography (we will have a globe), competition, etc... Also a chance for them to understand that some nations have better tastes than others when it comes to clothing. (just teasing you all...lol)

16 easy miles after work.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Dad on the run.

So I ran with the running group lastnight from Fleet Feet. So. Much. Fun. We only did 3 miles lastnight because everyone was new to the route we were running but next Thurs they will have a 3 and 6 mile run. Brooks was there as well representing their Brooks Transcend and was letting whoever whanted wear a pair for the 3 mile run. I thought about wearing them but I know my shoes work for me and didn't really want to risk something going wrong. After the race most everyone went back into Rojo (mexican style restaurant) and has some food/beer while we got all kind of goodies from Brooks. We got a cotton-tshirt, a shoe bag, a clothes bag, and some freeze dried ice cream.

The guy I was running with is an elite marathon runner. He just completed a 50 mile, is going to run the Mercedes marathon next week and then will begin training for the Pinhoti 100 miler. Very very nice guy! He was telling me that they are going to try and have a representative there each week from different shoe companies so that we can try out all the new product coming out! Such a cool experience, I'm very excited to see what each run holds for us.

Plan for another 3 or 4 tonight after work. Will probably just be some nice slow comfy miles with the dogs.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I suck....I had dinner and drinks with a coworker last night instead of going to the gym. Ooopppps.

My cousin's wife's brain surgery is at 10:00am!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Well, I did get out after work yesterday and do my run/walk outside, even though the high for us yesterday was only 40 with a 'feels like' temp of 35 degrees.  The wind was pretty brutal too.    I wore shorts, gloves, a base-layer thermal running shirt and a short-sleeved running shirt on top.   I started at the Y and headed into the park near the Zoo.  Once I got onto the trails in the park, it was actually quite pleasant as all the trees gave me a nice wind-break.   Heading back to the Y, the wind was right in my face...BRRRR!  Ended up with 3.2 miles and after I got back to the Y, did my full-body weight training circuit.   I guess I didn't realize how much the wind/cold had affected my legs in shorts - after I got into the shower and turned on the hot water my legs got all 'needles and pins' feeling, like when your hand gets a bit numb when you sleep on it wrong and then the feeling/blood comes rushing back into it.  Owww, owww, owwww, that stung for a little bit!   Even so, very nice run and post-run workout.   Mother Nature is still going whacko for us....it was 25 degrees here when I got up and our HIGH for today will be only 39 degrees, sheesh.  Then tomorrow, we are back into the 60s, go figure!

photo mothernaturemindmakeup_zps21a539e9.jpg

Today is a rest day and tomorrow I do my 8th race of the year, the San Antonio Rodeo and Stock Show 4-Mile Stampede.  The Stock Show and Rodeo in San Antonio is here every February, lasts about 2 weeks, and has a lot of stuff going on from all kinds of rodeo events to concerts in the evenings  - http://www.sarodeo.com/

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

delicate flower

Today is a rest day and tomorrow I do my 8th race of the year, the San Antonio Rodeo and Stock Show 4-Mile Stampede.  The Stock Show and Rodeo in San Antonio is here every February, lasts about 2 weeks, and has a lot of stuff going on from all kinds of rodeo events to concerts in the evenings  - http://www.sarodeo.com/

Will you be racing in a cowboy hat and assless chaps?

<3

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Hope you and your hubby enjoyed your swimming, Beth.  Sorry about your friend.

Glad you are feeling better, SIAR.  Hope your progressive run went well.

Yay for your legs getting back to normal, Phil!  Good luck with the LR tomorrow and all that treadmill time!

Did you ride your bike yet, Damaris?

Congrats on your 7 miles, DaveP.

Good luck with the 16 miles, lily. I watched some of the Olympics last night..enjoyed the snowboarding and the mogul skiing...figure skating, not so much, that stuff bores me, altho Gail really enjoys it.

Hi again, Jimmy and Kristin!  Already 'saw' you this morning in the Penguins thread.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Will you be racing in a cowboy hat and assless chaps?

lol. Yeah, me in a cowboy hat, that'll be the day.  I hate wearing hats of any kind!   Also, I'd make a lousy cowboy, horses scare the heck outta me. I tried riding once and the instructor said "You gotta let the horse know who's boss."  The horse knew all right...he was!

As for chaps...I save those for at home with Gail.    

LRB

What up doe!

I got about 20 minutes of strength work in and 4 miles on the belt.  And Scotty to answer your question from yesterday, yes, other people use our gym, albeit not at the times that I do.

The one recent addition is the man who manages the joint (300+ employees), who ran his first 5k this summer and has been coming into the gym every other Friday or so.

Well, today was one of those days and of course I had the stereo was blaring and I could not get to it quick enough as every B, F, S and any other swearword you can think of was coming out of the stupid thing!  

I frantically toggled through the playlist trying to find a set of songs that were "Boss friendly", but with each song I clicked came either gun shots, someone telling you to kiss their ass, or to eat shit and die mutha f******.  lol

He kept saying it was okay but I ended up putting on a soft rock station and threw my MP3 player so far a golden retriever would not be able to find it!

Now, under most circumstance what I do or how I do it is my business, but you have to have respect for other people no matter who they are where music is concerned.

Docket_Rocket

Good morning!

Beth, I'm still thinking about this poor friend of yours who passed away. Life is so fleeting... We really must enjoy every moment of it, be it in the cold, the heat, on a TM, at work, or whatever.

kristin, fingers crossed that your cousin's wife is stronger today for her surgery.

Damaris, how did you enjoy riding your new and solid piece of equipment, last night?

Today is opening ceremonies at the Olympics and I plan on watching them with the kids at daycare. They are 3 and 4 years old and I think it's a great opportunity for them to learn about the concept of many nations, different languages, geography (we will have a globe), competition, etc... Also a chance for them to understand that some nations have better tastes than others when it comes to clothing. (just teasing you all...lol)

16 easy miles after work.

I liked it.  HR was super low and I burned the same as a 3 miler even though I was pedaling fast, but it felt like a good workout.  Not too sore today.

I think we have established biking will never give me an asthma attack.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page