Beginners and Beyond

Sunday Penguins - It's just Another Week In The Books! (Read 26 times)

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here.

Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."

It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Good Morning Penguins!

Mitch - sorry to here your race didn't go as expected

MNMickey - looking forward to read your RR

Jimmy -  I just wanted to post the complete information from the site. This way the whole rehab program is available to try at home. Any kind of injury sucks because first you have to figure what it is, then what caused it, then fix it. And the big question is always "can I still run ". Hope you're on the mend!

Just came back from a little 3.7 mile recovery run. I am feeling a little stiff today. Another week in the books!

PADRunner

Morning Gustav, and everyone. Is it really Sunday this time? Smile

I thought I posted yesterday but couldn't find it. Oh well. 11 Long yesterday and 4 easy this morning.

On the road for a week hope to be able to keep up my running.

Good luck to those running today!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good Morning Pengs.  LR this morning when it warms up a little.

Good Luck at MCM,  DR.

Bin Running

17.7M done. Still suck at long run.

Yday, Traci asked abt DD. Her reading is down to 212 on Sat. All's looking good. Probably one last test next sat to be sure.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

PADrunner - nice miles!

Jerry - I like to get out early - I'd rather run when it's colder then run after the breeze kicks up.

Bin - good to hear DD is getting better.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

It's like pulling teeth to get dw out of the house today.  and its up to 37* already.

Zelanie

Yup, another week in the books.  Taking it easy today.  We will go watch Gravity, and then carve some pumpkins with DH's parents.

Gustav- It's no wonder you're feeling stiff with all the mileage you've been doing lately!

PAD- Good luck with getting your runs in out of town.  Sometimes I find it almost easier, since I don't have a million other things I'm supposed to do at home.

Bin- At that kind of mileage, I think it's normal to feel like you suck.  But you got the miles in!  Glad to hear about DD, too!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Ran MCM 10K today. Didn't talk much about it because me running with my friends bib was not met with a lot of positivity here when I asked for advice but...meh. I decided to do it. I was being offered a free bib to a sold out race that I wanted to run.

JUST MISSED my sub 60 goal.......by 14 seconds!!! 1:00:13. Still a PR by 4 minutes and 32 seconds though....I'll take it!!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Dad on the run.

Good Morning Penguins, finally got our house back to ourselves! Had 4 kids lastnight including ours and it was a true testament of my nerves! LOL.

Anyways, in case ya'll missed my post last night I will sum it up, went to the pumpkin patch and bought a new pair of shoes. New Balance 890v4.

Also

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

tracilynn

Nice shoes!

~~~~~~~

Traci

From the Internet.

Hi guys! Popping in quickly - visiting my grandparents this afternoon, still have to make lunch for DD and jump in the shower before we can leave.

Damaris - hope you're kicking some butt at MCM!

Bin - good to hear that your DD is doing better

Jimmy - nice shoes!

Kristin - congrats on the PR! You're SO close to sub-60 now - I bet you'll get it next time!

I got in FIVE WHOLE MILES this morning, my longest run since August! And I ran 5x this week for a total of 13.44 miles, feeling pretty good, but then I haven't yet hit that magical 15 mpw where I seem to fall apart :P Planning on just base building with a few strides sprinkled in here and there for the next few months, I really want to hit at least 20 consistently before adding in the track workouts again. They are fun and I will miss them but after my last 5K I've realized that I really need to focus on actually having a base to get any benefit from faster running.

Sloooow.

Happy Sunday all!

Go Docket! Nearly done I think Smile

Gustav, congrats on another successful week.

PADrunner, great job on your long run. I'm sure you will squeeze in your runs next week.

Jerry, hope the weather warms up a bit for you.

Bin, nearly 18 miles doesn't sound like a crappy long run to me. Glad to hear your little ones levels are lowering.

Zelanie, enjoy the movie! We went to see it a few weeks a go, it was horrifying.

Kristin, congrats on the huge PR!!!! You are going to get sub-60 any time now.

Jimmy, I didn't know they sold running shoes at the pumpkin patch Wink Very nice!

Traci, hey!

Lauren, great work on the 5. Hopefully you won't have any injury issues this time!

I wanted to apologise for my misery yesterday. Happy, happy, happy! I will probably run later when the little one is napping.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

13.1. Perfect day for a LR.  Took a few .25 mile walks, but felt pretty good.  Heavy legs last couple miles, but still ran last mile at 10:30.   Ready for Nashville HM in 2 weeks.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens...

Gus: Good stuff. If you don't have one, get a foam roller.

PAD: Have a safe trip.  Great job on the long run!

Bin: You are doing fine. It's hard to run with a cough. Do not worry about the run, just get healthy.

Zel: Have fun with the fam!

Kristin: Nice PR. Did you have mixed feeling at the start of the race? With the whole bib thing and all?

JBJ: Very nice kicks.

Lauren: Well done. It feels good, doesn't it? Smile

Coralie: No apology necessary, we all have days like that. It's over and now you move on.

Jerry: Freakin' nice run! I hope you will treat yourself to a few cold ones tonight.

As for me, I raced a 10k and just put up a little RR. Enjoy the rest of the day. I know I will...